NFL is 4 quarter Wrestling

MSUDC11

Redshirt
Aug 23, 2012
7,316
0
0
The "it was rigged" argument loses a lot of luster for me when the game ends up being a beatdown where one team didn't even score a touchdown. Officiating didn't have anything to do with KC's o-line getting thoroughly dominated all night. That was the difference in the game. Even if you think the refs gave Tampa two touchdowns, take those off the board and they still win.
 

Russ Wheeler

Redshirt
Aug 3, 2020
2,430
0
0
People don't understand how silly they sound when they ***** about officiating. I used to do it too. All you have to do is INTENTIONALLY watch the officiating over a period of time, you'll see that bad calls tend to even out over time. Don't get this twisted, I mean BAD calls. Well-coached teams tend to have less penalties, but truly bad calls are a matter of luck and fall around randomly. MSU has gotten their fair share of calls though we don't often like to admit it.
 

DAWG61

Redshirt
Feb 26, 2008
10,111
0
0
Entertaining but the winner is preordained.

 

PirateDawg

Redshirt
Jan 9, 2020
1,751
0
0
We were called for holding 40 times in SEC games one season

While our opponents were called only 4. That is not "evened out". You get jaded when you know the facts sometimes. If you are a second tier SEC team and you get good watch for yellow hankies! Don't know about the NFL so I won't comment.

People don't understand how silly they sound when they ***** about officiating. I used to do it too. All you have to do is INTENTIONALLY watch the officiating over a period of time, you'll see that bad calls tend to even out over time. Don't get this twisted, I mean BAD calls. Well-coached teams tend to have less penalties, but truly bad calls are a matter of luck and fall around randomly. MSU has gotten their fair share of calls though we don't often like to admit it.
 

Hump4Hoops

Redshirt
May 1, 2010
6,611
13
38
Regardless of bad officiating

Tompa was the superior team, or at least they were on the day.
 

Xenomorph

Heisman
Feb 15, 2007
16,127
10,672
113
Holding is what happens when you’re getting beat on the line. And we got beat up front a lot last year.
 

maroonmadman

Senior
Nov 7, 2010
2,530
853
113
I don't think 'good' officiating would have helped KC one bit. KC got their butts manhandled at the line if scrimmage on both sides of the ball. This was a beat down that no amount of officiating, good or bad, could overcome.
 

Drebin

Heisman
Aug 22, 2012
22,523
27,493
113
Don’t be like LSU fans. That was a complete *** kicking last night.

This times 1000. I predicted in a thread a couple of weeks ago that Tampa's defense will be prepared and will keep KC's offense in check.
 

T-TownDawgg

All-Conference
Nov 4, 2015
4,817
4,974
113
Ranch dawg is right.
It was a synchronized effort by all to bring needed attention to the salaries of offensive tackles
 

karlchilders.sixpack

All-Conference
Jun 5, 2008
21,102
4,879
113
Don't know about the officiating, but what I did see

TB running backs getting 6 to 9 yards on a reglular and consistent basis.

Brady playing a solid game.

The KC qb being relentlesy pursued.

Game over.
 
Nov 12, 2007
26,030
10,193
113
TB running backs getting 6 to 9 yards on a reglular and consistent basis.

Brady playing a solid game.

The KC qb being relentlesy pursued.

Game over.

KC never had a touchdown denied by a penalty and never scored anything but field goals.

Have another thought?
 

dog12

Senior
Sep 15, 2016
1,950
592
113
Entertaining but the winner is preordained.

I'm not sure that the winner of the Super Bowl is preordained, but I do agree with this: the NFL, like all other professional sports, is mostly about "entertainment" rather than truly competitive sports.

Just like the WWE.

We used to laugh at professional wrestling . . . now were laughing at all professional "sports."

This problem originates at the first sighting of the participation trophy.
 

PirateDawg

Redshirt
Jan 9, 2020
1,751
0
0
As I stated, Joe Lee Dunn said it so if you think he is a liar

that's your prerogative. Personally, I believed him. Why did JWS go to the SEC office?
Really solid data to back up your 40-4 claim on the holding calls.****
 

PirateDawg

Redshirt
Jan 9, 2020
1,751
0
0
I know this will piss a bunch of people on here off but I'll say it since so many think the sport is pure. After Katrina I told my wife that New Orleans would win the Super Bowl within 3 years. Go look at history. Depending on your perspective you might think it is a good thing that the NFL is so benevolent to help downcast cities. Professional and some college sports are all about demographics and money. You've got to supply an exciting product to maximize the income. Couple that with the gambling and you've got great motivation to insure the results go the way you want them. People complain that we don't get the exposure preseason on the college football shows. Why should we? We have a pitiful demographic.
 

patdog

Heisman
May 28, 2007
60,494
31,717
113
I have my doubts Dunn actually said that. But if he did, he was exaggerating.
 

LawDawg97

Redshirt
Sep 7, 2012
1,138
0
0
Did your wife let you know you were wrong?

I know this will piss a bunch of people on here off but I'll say it since so many think the sport is pure. After Katrina I told my wife that New Orleans would win the Super Bowl within 3 years.

nm.
 
Last edited:
Maroon and White

Latest

  1. 01 Maroon and White Football Unpacking Mississippi State's offensive unraveling against Alabama
  2. 02 Maroon and White Football "Learning Moments": Mississippi State HC Jeff Lebby speaks on rough outing for QB Kamario Taylor
  3. 03 Maroon and White Football "We let ourselves down": Isaac Smith and Anthony Evans III speak on Mississippi State's defeat to Alabama
  4. 04 Maroon and White Rapid Recap: No. 7 Alabama 56-23 No. 16 Mississippi State
  5. 05 Maroon and White Football Live Updates: Mississippi State vs. Alabama