New Dudy Noble

drt7891

Redshirt
Dec 6, 2010
6,727
0
0
Will the grass (minus the infield dirt) be artificial turf? The base they are installing looks to be different than that of a natural surface, but I'm not a turf specialist.
 

Shamoan

Redshirt
Jun 27, 2013
12,466
0
0
gravel to help drainage is what im hoping. surely they arent going artificial.
old-fashioned dirt is going in. good sign.
 
Last edited:

ronpolk

All-American
May 6, 2009
9,426
5,357
113
The base paths for 1st and 3rd have been artificial for a few years. I think I read that the playing field will remain grass.
 

thekimmer

All-Conference
Aug 30, 2012
8,853
2,988
113
What I read was the base material is crushed limestone for drainage.....

Will the grass (minus the infield dirt) be artificial turf? The base they are installing looks to be different than that of a natural surface, but I'm not a turf specialist.

Males sense to me.
 

mjh94

Redshirt
Mar 3, 2008
1,317
0
36
Looks like they are now spreading a layer of sand/soil on top of the gravel. That's a good sign for grass and not turf.
 

MedDawg

All-Conference
May 29, 2001
5,550
1,107
113
The fence angle from RF foul pole to center field looks unusual. Normal angle or

Will the grass (minus the infield dirt) be artificial turf? The base they are installing looks to be different than that of a natural surface, but I'm not a turf specialist.

are we going to have a really short RF foul pole to home plate distance?
 

8dog

All-American
Feb 23, 2008
15,102
7,333
113
Cohen created that angle a couple of yrs ago when he brought the fences in
 
Maroon and White

Latest

  1. 01 Rivals Football Recruiting WR Darion Moseley backs off pledge to Arkansas, has Big Ten and SEC schools on his list
  2. 02 Maroon and White Football Recruiting JUCO Edge Derion Gould sees the potential at Mississippi State
  3. 03 Maroon and White Baseball Mississippi State Biloxi baseball schedule altered by weather
  4. 04 Maroon and White Football Recruiting "Electric" Mississippi State atmosphere boosts big recruiting weekends
  5. 05 Maroon and White Football Can Mississippi State's running game keep up?