New coach

taryn

Sophomore
Nov 1, 2020
166
148
43
That big 12 defense has won a lot of games for Iowa State. I understand what you’re saying, though.

That big 12 defense has won a lot of games for Iowa State. I understand what you’re saying, though.
big 12 is NOT big 10 quality, top to bottom! psu will be a middle level conference team for years to come. i.e.check out our recent big12 o.c. results.
 
  • Haha
Reactions: searay26 and PSU4U

Connorpozlee

All-American
Aug 29, 2013
3,462
6,852
113
Still not following. ISU didn’t "give" us anything. Not sure why any PSU fan would now pull for the Cyclones.
Because we took their coach in the prey/predator way that college football calls for. It’s like watching a nature show. You see the antelope grazing and the lion eyeing it up. You know what’s going to happen but you still feel a little bad for the antelope, who really had no chance all along.
 
  • Like
Reactions: AvgUser and WillyMO

OUIrPSU

All-Conference
Oct 6, 2021
1,372
1,727
113
Because we took their coach in the prey/predator way that college football calls for. It’s like watching a nature show. You see the antelope grazing and the lion eyeing it up. You know what’s going to happen but you still feel a little bad for the antelope, who really had no chance all along.
I guess. Only we didn’t "take" their coach. We paid him a shitload of money to leave.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Connorpozlee

PSUSignore

All-Conference
May 29, 2001
1,469
2,340
113
I see both of Campbell's coordinators and his D line coach have been with him a long time, 10+ years. So I'd expect those are prime candidates for him to bring along, he obviously likes them given their tenure. Most of the rest have 3 years or less with him.
 

pendal1

Senior
Apr 24, 2003
6,676
903
113
I guess. Only we didn’t "take" their coach. We paid him a shitload of money to leave.
Yeah, that's the way the world works. When you have superior resources you can take something you want that is better than what you have.
 

PSUFTG

All-Conference
Nov 1, 2021
2,686
3,927
113
I guess. Only we didn’t "take" their coach. We paid him a shitload of money to leave.
Yep.

I think Campbell is - as best as I have seen over the years watching him - a good, solid college coach. So, no disrespect to Campbell.

That said, coming in with a wheelbarrow of money - Nick Saban or Urban Meyer or Kirby Smart level money - in order to walk away with the head coach of a mid-Big 12 program isn't really a coup.
Hopefully it works out though.
 

Connorpozlee

All-American
Aug 29, 2013
3,462
6,852
113
I guess. Only we didn’t "take" their coach. We paid him a shitload of money to leave.
Right. And the lion doesn’t “kill” the antelope, it has a nice meal. Same idea. I understand the nature of predator/prey relationships, but feel I little bit bad for the prey.
 
  • Like
Reactions: OUIrPSU

Phlebitis

All-Conference
Oct 25, 2021
1,753
2,386
113
Ah not hardly. LJ was a butt hurt adult acting like a child so he took his football and ran off to the enemy where he could hurt us the most. Prick.
And took the exact same job he had here. The “associate HC” was just to patronize him, everyone understood that.
 
  • Like
Reactions: SkiSkiSki and PSU4U

JoePaMajorCFBrecord409Ws

All-Conference
Jun 26, 2025
1,124
1,151
113
How can the Franklin haters hate LJ. He left because he thought he was as qualified at BGJ

Boo hoo....., duhO$U passed him over twice for HC - when they hired Urbs.... and a second time when they named Day, not LJsr when Urbs left. So I guess you should be bitching and whining about duhO$U also feeling he wasn't HC material.
 
May 20, 2005
2,118
5,844
113
Perhaps CMC can bring his AD with him as well...

 

AvgUser

All-Conference
Jul 12, 2016
1,517
2,084
113
Still not following. ISU didn’t "give" us anything. Not sure why any PSU fan would now pull for the Cyclones.
Think outside the box a little bit. We got their head coach, and we’re ecstatic. You either understand that, or you don’t.
 
  • Like
Reactions: PSUAVLNC

Montcolion

Redshirt
May 2, 2005
11
22
3
Yep.

I think Campbell is - as best as I have seen over the years watching him - a good, solid college coach. So, no disrespect to Campbell.

That said, coming in with a wheelbarrow of money - Nick Saban or Urban Meyer or Kirby Smart level money - in order to walk away with the head coach of a mid-Big 12 program isn't really a coup.
Hopefully it works out though.
Part true, however there was a time then Saban went to LSU … from MSU and Urban went to FLA … from Utah (before it was even in a power conference). And Kirby went to GA as his first HC job. All around the same age too.
 

Psumatt85

Senior
Jan 5, 2002
645
762
93
Boo hoo....., duhO$U passed him over twice for HC - when they hired Urbs.... and a second time when they named Day, not LJsr when Urbs left. So I guess you should be bitching and whining about duhO$U also feeling he wasn't HC material.
Don’t think he ever expected OSU. Wanted a shot when BGJ got it
 

DaytonRickster

All-Conference
May 29, 2001
3,347
3,878
113
I believe they can. They aren't enrolled in the school yet, but I dont see why they are different than any other player.

Plus isn't there a separate portal window during coaching changes? They should at least be eligible to portal during that period.
If they signed with a school I'm pretty sure PSU cannot contact them and their coaches at WVU & VT are not new since they signed. They would probably have to enter the portal during the January period, then PSU could contact them.
 
  • Like
Reactions: PAgeologist

SummitLion

Freshman
Oct 14, 2021
64
72
18
I believe they can. They aren't enrolled in the school yet, but I dont see why they are different than any other player.

Plus isn't there a separate portal window during coaching changes? They should at least be eligible to portal during that period
But, since they signed their LOI's, there hasn't been a coaching change at VT
 
Last edited:
BWI

Latest

  1. 01 BWI Recruiting By The Numbers: How Penn State's 2026 White Out recruiting list stacks up to previous years
  2. 02 BWI Football Cooper, Penn State defense strive to bounce back from "embarassing" showing
  3. 03 BWI Football Matt Campbell: Penn State has failed to play ‘in rhythm’ for six quarters
  4. 04 BWI Football Can a Penn State offensive lineman getting healthier help unlock the Penn State offense? It's something to watch
  5. 05 BWI Football Matt Campbell: Penn State ‘not going to waver’ after back-to-back losses