New at The Dude for 2026

OG Goat Holder

Heisman
Sep 30, 2022
14,216
13,058
113
I never understood the turf batters box. Never could see how you could feel as grounded. I like the coaching staff even more now. Seemed to be a simpler solution than a better solution with maintenance in mind instead of hitting.
It was a speed thing from Cohen, something about the ball bouncing in that area. The way he had the team playing back before the balls changed in 2015.

But yes, time for it to go now.
 

The Peeper

Heisman
Feb 26, 2008
16,725
12,491
113
hallelujah GIF

I hate that thing, reminds me of the Cheerleader in Loafers.................
 

DawgNsuds

Senior
Jun 4, 2007
970
714
93
I never understood the turf batters box. Never could see how you could feel as grounded. I like the coaching staff even more now. Seemed to be a simpler solution than a better solution with maintenance in mind instead of hitting.
Yea, my high school coaching buddies like it because of the maintenance aspect. For a program like ours, it made zero sense.
 

MSUDOG24

All-Conference
Mar 31, 2021
1,513
1,460
113
Been thinking the turf (at least the green part) was starting to look a little tired and needed to be replaced. Thought they might replace all of the green turf with grass, I guess not.
Even as a defender of M State/Banner State I always thought it looked out of place there and a simple M over S behind the plate is much better.
 

OG Goat Holder

Heisman
Sep 30, 2022
14,216
13,058
113
Been thinking the turf (at least the green part) was starting to look a little tired and needed to be replaced. Thought they might replace all of the green turf with grass, I guess not.
Even as a defender of M State/Banner State I always thought it looked out of place there and a simple M over S behind the plate is much better.
Same. Can’t argue that.
 

HotMop

All-American
May 8, 2006
8,612
7,377
113
  • dirt batters box
  • dirt base paths
  • new turf for foul territory and warning track
  • M over S logo behind home plate
  • Banner M logos at first and third are gone
Hopefully they added the Script State since it's awesome for baseball.
 
  • Haha
Reactions: Bulldog Bruce

MSUDC11-2.0

Heisman
Sep 29, 2022
10,934
17,648
113
The bucket has been removed
I do wonder if a lot of our fans realize that Oak is every bit as mellow as Lemonis, if not more. It’s going to take about one series loss where Oak stands in the dugout quietly while we get beaten 8-2 by Texas on a Sunday or something like that for someone to come on here and say he’s too passive.
 
  • Like
Reactions: TaleofTwoDogs
Maroon and White

Latest

  1. 01 Maroon and White Football 2027 Mississippi State commit Julian "Juju" McDonald shuts down recruitment
  2. 02 Maroon and White Baseball "This is Home": 2028 OF Axton Westmoreland commits to Mississippi State
  3. 03 Maroon and White Basketball Mississippi State MBK Assistants speak on size and length added to 26-27 squad
  4. 04 Maroon and White Football "Go make the play": Mississippi State HC Jeff Lebby on Defense and responding to Alabama game
  5. 05 Maroon and White Basketball Mississippi State WBK to play exhibition at Choctaw Central HS