Need help filling out this baseball lineup

bruiser.sixpack

Redshirt
Aug 13, 2009
7,346
0
0
2B. Bobby Richardson
SS Tony Kubek
CF Mickey Mantle
RF Roger Maris
1B
3B Tom Tresh
C. Yogi Berra/Elston Howard
LF
P. Whitey Ford/ Mel Stottlemire
 

Jeffreauxdawg

All-American
Dec 15, 2017
8,891
8,003
113
1B Abraham Lincoln
LF Ulysses S. Grant

Great Yankess from the 60's....
 
Last edited:

bruiser.sixpack

Redshirt
Aug 13, 2009
7,346
0
0
1B Abraham Lincoln
LF Ulysses S. Grant

Great Yankess from the 60's....

I could see Honest Abe playing 1st base, but Grant has a slight limp so there is no way he could have played left. He was also about 5'7" compared to Abe at 6'2". U could wield a mean fire torch and sling it pretty far, but I bet he never read Polk's Baseball Encyclopedia like Abe likely did.
 

Jeffreauxdawg

All-American
Dec 15, 2017
8,891
8,003
113
I could see Honest Abe playing 1st base, but Grant has a slight limp so there is no way he could have played left. He was also about 5'7" compared to Abe at 6'2". U could wield a mean fire torch and sling it pretty far, but I bet he never read Polk's Baseball Encyclopedia like Abe likely did.

Fair point. How about Sherman? If history serves me correctly, he gave the Indians hell.
 

Jism Dawg

Redshirt
Jul 15, 2015
5
0
1
2B Bobby Richardson
SS Tony Kubek
RF Roger Maris
CF Mickey Mantle
C. Elston Howard
1B Bill "Moose" Skowron
LF Johnny Blanchard/Yogi Berra
3B Clear Boyer
P Whitey Ford
P All Downing
P Ralph Terry
P Bob Turkey
P Bill Stafford
Utility Tom Fresh
Utility Hector Lopez
 

bruiser.sixpack

Redshirt
Aug 13, 2009
7,346
0
0
That's right. Boyer was 3rd on that team and Tresh played Left some and subbed at 3rd and occaaionally at 2nd. Moose Skowrun(sp) played first but they had another. Did Joe Pepitone play those years?
 

HumpDawgy

All-Conference
Apr 6, 2010
4,877
2,030
113
You have to have Pedro Cerrano at DH. He has "Jobu" power!!!!


 

Jism Dawg

Redshirt
Jul 15, 2015
5
0
1
Not completely sure but I believe Pepitone came around 1963 or 1964. The '61 Yankees had 6 players that hit 20+ HR that year. Mantle, Maris, Skowron, Howard, Boyer and Blanchard. Swept the Reds in the WS without Mantle. One if the greatest ML teams of all time.
 

bruiser.sixpack

Redshirt
Aug 13, 2009
7,346
0
0
Not completely sure but I believe Pepitone came around 1963 or 1964. The '61 Yankees had 6 players that hit 20+ HR that year. Mantle, Maris, Skowron, Howard, Boyer and Blanchard. Swept the Reds in the WS without Mantle. One if the greatest ML teams of all time.
Wait. I thought the Pirates beat the Yanks in '61? Must have my years wrong.
 

bruiser.sixpack

Redshirt
Aug 13, 2009
7,346
0
0
My bad. I watched that game with our tower antenna. Every once in a while I would have to go spin it a little as my dad yelled through the window: "BACK just a little bit!"
 

Bulldog Bruce

All-American
Nov 1, 2007
5,244
6,447
113
Clete Boyer. Guess you can blame autocorrect

2B Bobby Richardson
SS Tony Kubek
RF Roger Maris
CF Mickey Mantle
C. Elston Howard
1B Bill "Moose" Skowron
LF Johnny Blanchard/Yogi Berra
3B Clear Boyer
P Whitey Ford
P All Downing
P Ralph Terry
P Bob Turkey
P Bill Stafford
Utility Tom Fresh
Utility Hector Lopez

Clete Boyer
 
Maroon and White

Latest

  1. 01 Maroon and White Football Mississippi State QB Kamario Taylor named Davey O'Brien National QB of the Week
  2. 02 Maroon and White Football "No Panic": Mississippi State S Jardin Gilbert on experience and adaptability on defense
  3. 03 Rivals Football Recruiting How Kamario Taylor's success is helping Mississippi State recruit top quarterbacks
  4. 04 Maroon and White Football Jett Jefferson's early impact elevating Mississippi State secondary
  5. 05 Maroon and White Football "I gotta give it all I got": Mississippi State WR Anthony Evans III on crucial 4th quarter catch