*****Nebraska vs Iowa Game Thread****

Hawksfor3

All-American
Dec 5, 2016
8,202
9,409
113
Anyone got the updated NET and other metrics rankings yet??

Paging Franny @Franisdaman. ;)
 
  • Like
Reactions: HawkBall23

hawkeyemark18

Senior
Aug 16, 2019
328
567
93
Not sure why Combs stayed in, Hausen or Sage would've been objectively better. Dude is just a ghost out there.
Most happy to see Sage get involved again. He can play his way into that position which I think becomes his next season. Hausen doesn't play very productive basketball although he has improved on the defensive end.
 
  • Like
Reactions: LetsGoHawks83

Hawkangler

All-Conference
Mar 16, 2014
2,169
4,729
113
As everyone and their dead grandmother already knew, if NEB isn't hitting 3s with regularity, they are extremely beatable.

Defense and rebounding won the night for Iowa.


"I'll take "'What was almost never said, in the previous 15 years, about Iowa MBB' for $500 Alex."
Free throw shooting last night was great, especially down the stretch.
 

MAKhawks

All-Conference
Nov 3, 2001
1,499
2,314
113
First ranked win in a long time.

Nebraska is a tough, gritty team. Sound defensively, very good perimeter shooters and tough inside. When they lose it isn't by much. Their ranking is well deserved.

The studio guys on the BTN post game show said the exact thing I did.

One guy “I never thought I’d live to see a court storming against Nebraska.”

Other guy “These are great times we’re living in.”

Me over here still trying to find Indiana Football in the bottom of the B1G next to Nebraska Basketball. Times are changing and it’s weird to say the least.
 

HawkInDenver

All-Conference
Apr 16, 2024
550
1,112
93

Hawksfor3

All-American
Dec 5, 2016
8,202
9,409
113
I do not want to replace Fran's consistency with providing this info. That said, there is a web site that says we are #25
I was paging Franny to see if he had any REAL TIME net info. The NCAA updates once/day. I use it a lot to keep track of DAILY Net Rankings. ;)
 
Hawkeye Report

Latest

  1. 01 On3 Football Caitlin Clark to serve as ESPN College GameDay celebrity guest picker ahead of Iowa vs. Ohio State
  2. 02 Hawkeye Report Football ESPN personalities thrilled to be at Iowa
  3. 03 Hawkeye Report Basketball Recruiting Iowa Women's Basketball lands four-star center Khalia Hartwell
  4. 04 Hawkeye Report Football Recruiting Iowa Hawkeyes Football Recruiting: Weekend Preview
  5. 05 Rivals Football Recruiting Nation's No. 5 linebacker Brodie Metzger back in Iowa City, Hawkeyes among his early favorites