My thoughts on State 1878...

jethreauxdawg

Heisman
Dec 20, 2010
11,913
17,236
113
I hope we can have at least 10 of these organizations funneling cash to athletes. That way we can have 10x the administration costs.
 

aerodawg.sixpack

Freshman
Aug 3, 2011
619
84
28
The Bulldog Initiative never stopped after the State Excellence Fund was started. They were still raising $$. I will admit - it ain't the clearest but I think we are trying to be proactive as can be with all of this.

In summary, there are two fundraising arms for Mississippi State NIL
  1. State Excellence Fund - that is used to fund the revenue share which amounts to over $20 million payroll
  2. State 1878 - this replaces the Bulldog Initiative where you can pay the players for appearances, interviews, etc.
Someone correct me if I am wrong.

I feel like Charlie Winfield could clarify this. Perhaps he may not be able to on the record.

Is State 1878 just a more legitimized evolution of the Bulldog Initiative for typical fans to raise collective funds. That is the way I’m understanding it since the clearing house people seem to be calling ******** on collectives as legitimate business endeavors. With State 1878 there is some legitimate value provided by the athletes to members that should pass scrutiny. I can see that not being the case with the Bulldog Initiative unless you give enough to move the needle for earmarked funds to use a player’s Name, Image, or Likeness.

If that is the case, is the Bulldog Initiative remaining in place for “legitimate” corporate cases. I feel this lack of clarity between the two is the main issue.
 
Maroon and White

Latest

  1. 01 Rivals Basketball Recruiting 5-star AJ Williams details his official visits and where things stand with UNC, BYU & Arkansas as the early signing period nears
  2. 02 Maroon and White Mississippi State Bye Week Checklist: What Needs Work?
  3. 03 Maroon and White Football Mississippi State Bye Week Watchlist
  4. 04 Maroon and White Mississippi State Basketball tipoff times finalized
  5. 05 Rivals Basketball Recruiting Mississippi State, Maryland & UCF talking visits with 4-star forward K'Nard Callendar