Mullen very complementary of MS

Russ Wheeler

Redshirt
Aug 3, 2020
2,430
0
0
It's so awkward watching him pretend to care and think up neutral answers to these stupid questions that these media guys ask. I understand his pain in that regard. I'd be so tempted to just make a fart noise or something.
 
Dec 9, 2018
913
863
93
It's so awkward watching him pretend to care and think up neutral answers to these stupid questions that these media guys ask. I understand his pain in that regard. I'd be so tempted to just make a fart noise or something.
I differ. It is the easiest thing in the world to **** on Mississippi to the press, even the sports press. If he wanted to, he would.
 

Drebin

Heisman
Aug 22, 2012
22,523
27,497
113
I differ. It is the easiest thing in the world to **** on Mississippi to the press, even the sports press. If he wanted to, he would.

Agreed, and I appreciate Mullen's thoughtful words about our beautiful town and state. That said, hey Dan....


 

hdogg

Senior
Nov 21, 2014
1,209
790
113
That really was pretty cool of him - he didn't have to elaborate that much, but chose to really say extensive nice things about us.
I was also pissed about how he left us, but have mostly moved on... mostly.
 

JML105

Redshirt
Sep 4, 2012
489
8
18
Arrogant a-hole. I do appreciate the part he played in making our program better though.
 

MSUDC11

Redshirt
Aug 23, 2012
7,316
0
0
Dan was awesome for us and I'm grateful for his nine year run that gave our program the most consistent run of successful seasons in our history.

That said, the 2017 Egg Bowl still pisses me off. I think had that night gone differently there would be much less animosity from our fans toward him.
 

ronpolk

All-American
May 6, 2009
9,426
5,357
113
It's so awkward watching him pretend to care and think up neutral answers to these stupid questions that these media guys ask. I understand his pain in that regard. I'd be so tempted to just make a fart noise or something.

I didn’t get the feeling that it was made up. I always felt like Dan and Megan both really did enjoy Starkville.
 
Sep 9, 2012
2,803
0
0
Meh, he spent nine years here. Raised his kids here. Has some great memories from here.

Yeah, he had been searching for bigger jobs, but Mullen has a lot to look back fondly on from his time as our coach. I’ll take him at his word.
 
Sep 15, 2009
500
293
63
Wow, he has slimmed down a lot. Maybe that's old news but it looked very noticeable in that presser. Hate on him all you want, the reality is we all just wish he would have stayed one more year. That would have been a really good year for us with the talent we had.
 

dawgstudent

Heisman
Apr 15, 2003
40,551
22,389
113
Wow, he has slimmed down a lot. Maybe that's old news but it looked very noticeable in that presser. Hate on him all you want, the reality is we all just wish he would have stayed one more year. That would have been a really good year for us with the talent we had.


Maroon is not very slimming. No wonder I've been called a fatass before.

And Mullen would have become the all time winningest coach in MSU history.
 

tenureplan

All-Conference
Dec 3, 2008
8,582
1,220
113
He does a better job on North Woods Law than he does coaching football. That said, probably the best we had so far.
 

Ranchdawg

All-Conference
Dec 13, 2012
4,736
4,013
113
I appreciate all that Dan Mullen did for Mississippi State and Mississippi. I believe he was sincere in his interview. Spending 9 years at a school is amazing in this day and age of college football. Thanks coach for the great memories while you were here. You elevated our program and set higher expectations.
 

Leeshouldveflanked

All-American
Nov 12, 2016
14,591
9,725
113
I talked to a guy that was one of the Auburn “Ball Boys” during the 2014 Auburn game this week over in Alabama ... as you know the opposing team has one or two ball boys on the other teams sideline during games.... he said after the monsoon came during the 2014 game Mullen looked over to him and said something to the effect that “ He better keep his mind on the game and not on all of the white Cheerleader outfits ...” he said Mullen seem to be one of the “cooler” coaches on the sidelines, compared to some others in the SEC.
 

was21

Senior
May 29, 2007
10,007
636
113
Mullen is my all time favorite football coach at State. the aw horseshit was just for the sake of who gives a shat what he says about OM or the state of MS. I don't think we will ever that level of success in football again in my lifetime
 
Maroon and White

Latest

  1. 01 Maroon and White Baseball "This is Home": 2028 OF Axton Westmoreland commits to Mississippi State
  2. 02 Maroon and White Basketball Mississippi State MBK Assistants speak on size and length added to 26-27 squad
  3. 03 Maroon and White Football "Go make the play": Mississippi State HC Jeff Lebby on Defense and responding to Alabama game
  4. 04 Maroon and White Basketball Mississippi State WBK to play exhibition at Choctaw Central HS
  5. 05 Rivals Football Recruiting WR Darion Moseley backs off pledge to Arkansas, has Big Ten and SEC schools on his list