At this point I would be shocked if half our starters weren't injured or disabled by mid season. That is actually typical for UK basketball for quite a few years now.
Hopefully this is the last year we have to put up with this crap. I hope our new
Didn't Vanderbilt have the same issue when our trainer was with them?One has to wonder if it's just bad luck or something to do with training and conditioning. It's starting to look like a trend rather than a random spate of injuries.
Same here. The last few years with Cal just wore me down and I needed a coach to make me care again. I got cautiously optimistic at the beginning with Pope, but it seems he is about as good as we expected initially. And that just isn’t going to reinvigorate my interest.I’m being dead serious, and I know this sounds bad, but I can’t even seem to care. I feel bad for the kid, but honestly, this isn’t surprising and I can’t conjure up the will to even worry about it. I just don’t have much excitement for this season yet. Hope it comes. Maybe it’s just that I’m more invested in football right now. Not sure.
He is staying at MinnesotaCade Tyson?
So u didn't enjoy any of that rob and reed team? Or big o's npoy campaign?Same here. The last few years with Cal just wore me down and I needed a coach to make me care again. I got cautiously optimistic at the beginning with Pope, but it seems he is about as good as we expected initially. And that just isn’t going to reinvigorate my interest.
I think Lex could end up being the better PG, but I think Zoom is a pure PG and Wilkins better for the combo role. Losing Morton is a big hit. Regarding Mason, everyone seems high on him and this program has relied upon freshmen in key roles for years.I'm afraid losing Morton would hurt more than we may realize. If his injury is season-ending it would seem that M. Williams may have to play a ton. I think he's a special talent when it comes to shooting touch (3pt. & mid-range) and he's got a solid body. . . BUT he's a freshman and I'd rather not have to rely on him to be ready for big, important minutes.
UK's 4 remaining Guards are all PGs (although I think I like Wilkins is better at 2G) and both of the expected starters are good scorers, but I think Morton is/was the only real backup 2G. We can talk about K. Williams (if he's even 100%) or B. Hawthorne or even Momcilovic playing 2G but none of those are a good (or even ok) fit at 2G in my opinion.
Who else is out there currently? Anyone worth backup minutes?
Pope has a good source here. The spot for UK is backup and is unlikely to become starter absent injury. Interesting to watch.Deshun Ruffin just got another year of eligibility and played under Mo Williams last year. I've been hoping we would get him since April to be a backup, however he'd probably cut into Mason Williams PT.
One is a 4 star true froshWe literally have at least five guards on the roster. Literally.
You think Hawthorne was given a spot for any other reason than to keep his older brother?Piece ofpost
I understand why you are attempting to pivot from your ignorant asinine post. Don’t think you get credit for seeing your stupidity and trying to walk it back.You think Hawthorne was given a spot for any other reason than to keep his older brother?
Assuming money is comparable, do you think Ruffin would come to UK as a likely backup at PG? I assume there are some places where he could go and have a clearer path to a starting spot, but that's a guess.Deshun Ruffin just got another year of eligibility and played under Mo Williams last year. I've been hoping we would get him since April to be a backup, however he'd probably cut into Mason Williams PT.
If he lays an egg again this year I dont see how he stays. The fans and donors will rightfully revolt.Pope now has his built-in excuses at the end of the season. SEC wasn't very nice to us. Injuries. Blah blah blah.
DeBoer has actually been struggling to recruit, at least to their standards.If the new coach at Alabama could no longer recruit top football talent to their school he would be gone yesterday. The standard for the university of ky basketball program should reflect the same expectation.
Without a doubt he would get the boot. If they lose 3 games again this year I think he's toast as well.If the new coach at Alabama could no longer recruit top football talent to their school he would be gone yesterday. The standard for the university of ky basketball program should reflect the same expectation.
Thats the crazy part. Pope is indeed exactly what most expected. I think most of the fan base had the same feeling when we heard the news. He's not better or worse. He's literally exactly who we hired.Same here. The last few years with Cal just wore me down and I needed a coach to make me care again. I got cautiously optimistic at the beginning with Pope, but it seems he is about as good as we expected initially. And that just isn’t going to reinvigorate my interest.
Huh? I’m legitimately confused.I understand why you are attempting to pivot from your ignorant asinine post. Don’t think you get credit for seeing your stupidity and trying to walk it back.![]()
He’s exactly what I expected him to be and what he’s been his entire career. Mid.Thats the crazy part. Pope is indeed exactly what most expected. I think most of the fan base had the same feeling when we heard the news. He's not better or worse. He's literally exactly who we hired.
And UK ought be ashamed of doing something like that. In the new era of modern day sports when you can literally pay players.....we present to you Marrrrrrrk Poooooopppppeeee.... drum roll..crickets.
Ought be ashamed
Oh yea I almost forgot how he wants you to walk everything back and then when you don't he'll end up acting like you switched up or something when you literally stand on what you said.It’s an odd statement. I said he was a DEI scholly. Obviously tongue in cheek, but I’m walking nothing back. He was absolutely given that scholly to keep big bro around. For anyone that thought I meant DEI in the literal sense…just goodness.
The years where they got embarrassed as a 2 and 3 seed in the first round of the tournament?… Oh yeah, those were great.So u didn't enjoy any of that rob and reed team? Or big o's npoy campaign?
God, I will never forget that time period. There were rumblings of Billy Donovan and Dan Hurley and then the news comes out that he’s going to offer Mark Pope. Rafters was livid like I have never seen in 25 years of being in this forum.Thats the crazy part. Pope is indeed exactly what most expected. I think most of the fan base had the same feeling when we heard the news. He's not better or worse. He's literally exactly who we hired.
And UK ought be ashamed of doing something like that. In the new era of modern day sports when you can literally pay players.....we present to you Marrrrrrrk Poooooopppppeeee.... drum roll..crickets.
Ought be ashamed
Boo hoo, they leg an egg one game out of the year who caresThe years where they got embarrassed as a 2 and 3 seed in the first round of the tournament?… Oh yeah, those were great.
It simply didn't make sense then and it doesn't make sense now.God, I will never forget that time period. There were rumblings of Billy Donovan and Dan Hurley and then the news comes out that he’s going to offer Mark Pope. Rafters was livid like I have never seen in 25 years of being in this forum.
Agreed.Huh? I’m legitimately confused.
Oh, so you feigned confusion in your last post. That would be consistent with the lack of character you display on this site. You’re not funny when you take slaps at UK players.It’s an odd statement. I said he was a DEI scholly. Obviously tongue in cheek, but I’m walking nothing back. He was absolutely given that scholly to keep big bro around. For anyone that thought I meant DEI in the literal sense…just goodness.
Slap or not, it's fact and everyone realizes that. Well, almost everyone.Oh, so you feigned confusion in your last post. That would be consistent with the lack of character you display on this site. You’re not funny when you take slaps at UK players.
It is what I posted, and what I meant. We all know why he's on the team. I mistakenly thought everyone would understand an attempt at humor. Comedy is hard. I'll try better next time, just for you.Agreed.
DEI is what you posted. Now quit.
Says one of the worst posters on this forum.Oh, so you feigned confusion in your last post. That would be consistent with the lack of character you display on this site. You’re not funny when you take slaps at UK players.
Yes, but how good is he actually? Take him being a native and set it aside so it doesn't effect opinion. Would any other top program take him and/or would he get significant playing time like he would here? Or he is getting more hype because he's a native and/or its all we could get?Hurts depth more than anything I think. One of the first guards off the bench
I’ve read that he’s good on defense, and he has been lauded as the best Summer practice player.Yes, but how good is he actually? Take him being a native and set it aside so it doesn't effect opinion. Would any other top program take him and/or would he get significant playing time like he would here? Or he is getting more hype because he's a native and/or its all we could get?
KSR Football
Kentucky drops out of AP Poll Top 25 despite win over South Carolina
KSR Football
Not that it matters, but Kentucky got that snap off in time at the end of regulation
KSR Football
Kentucky football is now ranked in the Coaches Poll Top 25
KSR Football
'Cold-Blooded' Kenny Minchey leads Kentucky to another massive SEC road win
KSR Football
Did Kentucky end the Shane Beamer era in Columbia? 'It is not good enough. I get it.'