Morton injured

Jul 6, 2025
2,707
7,325
113
this is EXACTLY where I'm at. Add in the increased football excitement, and basketball just isn't resonating like it used to...I'm kinda over the mediocrity and can't find the energy to care.

One issue is pope just cant find kids that want to play for him. We end up getting whomever we can buy and every time they sneeze theyre out for months. Their nil is guaranteed so they have no incentive.

It isn't just us. The nil leverage in favor of college basketball players is just insane right now. Random bench guys are getting paid a million or close. Its just insane.
 

Mheintzman

Senior
Apr 14, 2024
227
511
63
This negativity is sad. I can't wait for basketball season. You think Kentucky football is going to beat Georgia, Texas. LSU? Florida look tough as well.
well, we don't play Georgia or Texas. I don't think we'll beat LSU this season...but, if you can't look at this product and see the trajectory going the right way, then I don't know what to tell you. Along those same lines, I can look at our basketball team and see the reverse in terms of trajectory and I'm just not excited. I'll still watch, but I no longer get upset when we play bad. It's fallen so far that I almost expect it and I'm surprised when we play well. To be clear, this isn't just a Pope thing either. I LOVE the guy. I just don't think he's good enough. We played on Wednesday of the SEC tourney last year and I don't see us being much better than 6th or 7th this year. I hope I'm wrong, but I don't see it.
 

ComebackCats98

All-Conference
Jul 2, 2025
866
2,613
93
This negativity is sad. I can't wait for basketball season. You think Kentucky football is going to beat Georgia, Texas. LSU? Florida look tough as well.
Unfortunately you think Kentucky basketball is going to beat those with this coaching staff? LSU possibly. Georgia they have yet to beat. Record against Texas 1-1 and Florida 1-3.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Catastic5
Jun 10, 2025
235
550
93
I didn't pay too much attention during the basketball portal season. Is this a big loss?

I have very low expectations going into this year (which is sad to say, but good for my emotions), but should this lower my expectations even more?
 

Beatle Bum

Heisman
Sep 1, 2002
43,589
66,252
113
The HC puts the roster together. The HC gets the best possible players to fill that roster. The HC makes sure they are prepared for every possible outcome. We haven't even filled out the entire roster. We are begging players to come here so we have to take whoever is available. So, yes that is on the HC. We are no longer a next man up team. We are a please come help us team. It's sad but hopefully it won't be much longer.
Yeah, Mark Pope is responsible for the injuries. You sold it. I am a believer. Darn Pope!!
 
  • Haha
Reactions: Cowtown Cat

LineSkiCat14

Heisman
Aug 5, 2015
39,700
62,606
113
I’m being dead serious, and I know this sounds bad, but I can’t even seem to care. I feel bad for the kid, but honestly, this isn’t surprising and I can’t conjure up the will to even worry about it. I just don’t have much excitement for this season yet. Hope it comes. Maybe it’s just that I’m more invested in football right now. Not sure.

Didnt even recognize the name. Now part of that is just the state of the sport..but part of it is just another roster that doesnt do much for me. Its hard to get excited about a Washington St. Transfer..
 

LineSkiCat14

Heisman
Aug 5, 2015
39,700
62,606
113
This negativity is sad. I can't wait for basketball season. You think Kentucky football is going to beat Georgia, Texas. LSU? Florida look tough as well.

Maybe not this year, in Steins first year as a HC as a 37-year old. But I honestly think if I had to bet, id wager that UK will beat a Bama/Georgia/LSU/Florida before it makes an E8 under Pope.. and I might even also wager that Stein will get us to the football playoff before Pope gets us a Final4. I dont think those are wild statements to make, and it really tells you the state of the two programs.
 

Son_Of_Saul

Hall of Famer
Dec 7, 2007
45,972
102,233
113
I understand the frustration, but Pope just finished his 2nd year here. Not his 19th year here, his 2nd.
So how does a meh coach become an awesome coach at Kentucky? Calipari, Pitino, Tubby - all those guys crushed it before they came here.

The UK historic winning % is almost 77%. Pope's never had one season of over 75% in eleven years.

All of us know how this story ends. Mitchell was Pope's ticket to an extension and it didn't happen. He has two more seasons. Possibly just one.
 

Catastic5

Junior
Sep 12, 2026
109
294
53
So how does a meh coach become an awesome coach at Kentucky? Calipari, Pitino, Tubby - all those guys crushed it before they came here.

The UK historic winning % is almost 77%. Pope's never had one season of over 75% in eleven years.

All of us know how this story ends. Mitchell was Pope's ticket to an extension and it didn't happen. He has two more seasons. Possibly just one.
There’s no way boosters are going to put up with a 4th year if he drops the ball this year.

If Mark Pope loses 10+ games while falling to the middle or lower half of the SEC and fails to at least make a deep run in the tournament and he’s allowed to return for a 4th year I’m fairly certain the UK admin has given up being a basketball power. We’re dead in the water. We’re the new Indiana.

Even Mark Stoops wasn’t allowed to come back for another year after 2 straight years of suckage.
 

Beatle Bum

Heisman
Sep 1, 2002
43,589
66,252
113
Dumb Arses can’t help themselves. Kentucky has a bunch of backwards low IQ idiots. Someone taught them how to post. Rafters was born.
 

RunninRichie

Heisman
Sep 5, 2019
29,420
70,960
113
Let's see what Pope can do with a healthy Jerone Morton. I think he should get a 1 year extension, better luck next year, coach!
 

HipTer

Senior
Apr 11, 2012
1,149
958
113
I'm afraid losing Morton would hurt more than we may realize. If his injury is season-ending it would seem that M. Williams may have to play a ton. I think he's a special talent when it comes to shooting touch (3pt. & mid-range) and he's got a solid body. . . BUT he's a freshman and I'd rather not have to rely on him to be ready for big, important minutes.

UK's 4 remaining Guards are all PGs (although I think I like Wilkins is better at 2G) and both of the expected starters are good scorers, but I think Morton is/was the only real backup 2G. We can talk about K. Williams (if he's even 100%) or B. Hawthorne or even Momcilovic playing 2G but none of those are a good (or even ok) fit at 2G in my opinion.
 
  • Like
Reactions: rivercatinfl
Sep 6, 2025
39
11
8
I love Kentucky and was very hopeful for Pope but after his stubbornness, injuries, and his awe shucks attitude, I just want to backhand him in the face.

I'd like to spread my bare cheeks and rip a nasty fart right into his smug face. Maybe even some poopies come out too. I'd force it so f'n hard. I'd gladly tear my o-rings in the process. #fortheprogram
 

JustBlue

Senior
Mar 29, 2009
289
587
93
I love Kentucky and was very hopeful for Pope but after his stubbornness, injuries, and his awe shucks attitude, I just want to backhand him in the face.

He knows he is on the clock. All of his pals in the athletic department are gone. Players don't want to come here. Assistant coaches are steering clear or have already jumped ship. Boosters are getting frustrated. The cracks are going to start showing. Hey, but at least we have some special guests for Big Blue Madness so he can keep playing thay nostalgia card.
 

Artlaibesghost

All-Conference
Nov 30, 2022
1,345
2,759
113
Oh yes wouldn’t it be nice to have someone to BLAME. Injuries are part of sports. All this RUBBISH I'm reading about blaming the coach because a guy blew out his knee is just nonsense. We have had alot of injures the last 3 years tough. You play with what you have, and don't throw in towel because someone got hurt. These are big strong guys playing what has become a very rough sport !@#% happens. We might be mediocre this year but NONE of you knows that until we put squad on the floor. If we are then changes will be made. I choose to WAIT for the season begins to make a judgement. Alot of you guys braying like a herd of Eyore's serves no USEFUL purpose at this point
 

Cleatortoises

Heisman
Dec 24, 2018
3,016
10,531
113
Oh yes wouldn’t it be nice to have someone to BLAME. Injuries are part of sports. All this RUBBISH I'm reading about blaming the coach because a guy blew out his knee is just nonsense. We have had alot of injures the last 3 years tough. You play with what you have, and don't throw in towel because someone got hurt. These are big strong guys playing what has become a very rough sport !@#% happens. We might be mediocre this year but NONE of you knows that until we put squad on the floor. If we are then changes will be made. I choose to WAIT for the season begins to make a judgement. Alot of you guys braying like a herd of Eyore's serves no USEFUL purpose at this point
It will be funny as hell if
BB has a great season and all of the whining winers have to eat it.
If it goes south; it'll just be a back slapping "I told ye so" party.
No one knows for sure.
Not even the certain ones.
 

sefus12

Heisman
Dec 22, 2007
7,279
19,328
103
Unfortunately you think Kentucky basketball is going to beat those with this coaching staff? LSU possibly. Georgia they have yet to beat. Record against Texas 1-1 and Florida 1-3.
Has this coaching staff proven they can win big games? We all know last year sucked, but let’s not act like Pope/staff already have some pretty big upsets to show they CAN win big games.

It’s ok to be pessimistic, but don’t lie to justify your opinion.
 
KSR

Latest

  1. 01 KSR Football Did Kentucky end the Shane Beamer era in Columbia? 'It is not good enough. I get it.'
  2. 02 KSR Football Ty Bryant to the rest of the college football world: 'If they want to stay sleep, they can do that.'
  3. 03 KSR Football Kentucky vs. LSU is a hotter ticket than Alabama vs. Georgia
  4. 04 KSR Football Winning the turnover battle helped Kentucky snap losing streak to South Carolina
  5. 05 KSR Football LSU opens as a two-score favorite in Lexington