I agree, they’re making Morris look better than they are for sure!I dont think Simeon is really committing penalties on every play. This is getting ridiculous.
MCHS - Livestream - Watch - Morris Community vs Simeon Career Academy Boys' Varsity Football - Sat, Sep 5, 2026 @ 12:44 PM https://share.google/EpeaxhaU4ebbftxdaI couldn't find on HUDL fan. What's the score?
Morris looks good especially on O. They dont need the help. Simeon moving the ball well, but these flags on every play are cripplingI agree, they’re making Morris look better than they are for sure!
My concern with morris this year is that their schedule seemed weak. But then sycamore seems to be in full rebuild and this was far from an “up” Simeon team. So they’re going to get to the playoffs never having been punched in the mouth.Well it was 31-7 @half ...he threw a 36 yd td and another 41 yds down to the 1 yd line. On their 1st posession in the 2nd half he ran an 80 td run. And like I said,they should of just lined up in T after that and just ate up the clock. They should of never been in those 3rd and longs in the 4th. I think I heard there were over 30 penalties in the game by both sides. It was very ugly game...take the W and move on.
For a team that most agree haven't played a complete game yet,they're doing ok at 3-0 avg 43 pts a game. Conference starts this week.
I think come playoff time they'll be clicking better. Yes Rochester and Montini are cream of the crop in 4A,but a match up with either of those will be deep in playoffs.
Absolutely not. Kankakee just went toe to toe with LWE. There was about 10 other 5A schools that would be a threat, just to get away from Rochester and Montini? This is that thinking that got Richards trounced in the 2nd round of 7A.My concern with morris this year is that their schedule seemed weak. But then sycamore seems to be in full rebuild and this was far from an “up” Simeon team. So they’re going to get to the playoffs never having been punched in the mouth.
if 4a has Montini and Rochester and 5a has providence, I think I would be hoping for a 5a placement if I were the redskins.
if 4a, the good news is that montini seems to not be invincible this year. The bad news is that Rochester may look a lot better than anyone had planned.
Providence is pretty good but there just aren’t really any other contenders in 5a.
I would think at 845 they are firm in 4A,but hey we never know...this years schedule is similar to last year...last year was Wilmington,Mahomet-Seymor and Peoria...this year Coal City,Lemont and Simeon. Coal City and Wilmington will face off for ICE ,Lemont is not as bad as they looked the 1st 4 minutes of the game they played Morris and Simeon is not afraid to schedule anyone...Marist,Brook and Morris.My concern with morris this year is that their schedule seemed weak. But then sycamore seems to be in full rebuild and this was far from an “up” Simeon team. So they’re going to get to the playoffs never having been punched in the mouth.
if 4a has Montini and Rochester and 5a has providence, I think I would be hoping for a 5a placement if I were the redskins.
if 4a, the good news is that montini seems to not be invincible this year. The bad news is that Rochester may look a lot better than anyone had planned.
Providence is pretty good but there just aren’t really any other contenders in 5a.
You figured out their season from watching only the 2nd half of a blowout win?Morris looks like they’re gonna be in trouble come playoff time against the better competition. The end all be all qb didn’t look great all be it I only saw the 2nd half multiple times taking a 10+ yd sack when you could have thrown the ball away and no run game and a poor secondary. This is the only game I’ve seen of them yet this year but from what I saw they were lucky to survive this game.
Crazy that those schools were in the same conference once and are now spread across 5 different classes.Nice win 4A
I was going through the state rankings two days ago picking out the old Little Seven schools and how many are ranked. All but two!
4A: Morris
5A: Kaneland and Sycamore
6A: The Vikings
7A: Batavia and StCN (honorary member)
8A: Oswego
Plainfield is diluted and don’t much care enough to research why Waubonsie Valley blows every year.
We'll see as the season goes on, but it seems like every year Morris is around the top in terms of playoff points.My concern with morris this year is that their schedule seemed weak. But then sycamore seems to be in full rebuild and this was far from an “up” Simeon team. So they’re going to get to the playoffs never having been punched in the mouth.
if 4a has Montini and Rochester and 5a has providence, I think I would be hoping for a 5a placement if I were the redskins.
if 4a, the good news is that montini seems to not be invincible this year. The bad news is that Rochester may look a lot better than anyone had planned.
Providence is pretty good but there just aren’t really any other contenders in 5a.
I believe they will enter the 4a playoffs with their closest contests being 17 and 21 points in weeks 2 and 3. And the 17 point contest wasn’t anywhere near that close. And they may end up with 5 or more running clocks.I would think at 845 they are firm in 4A,but hey we never know...this years schedule is similar to last year...last year was Wilmington,Mahomet-Seymor and Peoria...this year Coal City,Lemont and Simeon. Coal City and Wilmington will face off for ICE ,Lemont is not as bad as they looked the 1st 4 minutes of the game they played Morris and Simeon is not afraid to schedule anyone...Marist,Brook and Morris.
Im not saying its a powerhouse schedule but we hear this every year....yet they go 3 or 4 games deep every year.
Absolutely agree with this, but who is taking that game? A team like WWS, for example, was a 6A quarterfinal team but how do they benefit from playing Morris? It's lose-lose for them. Either they lose to a 4A team or big deal, they beat a 4A team. Similar situation to Morris playing Wilmington. Over the years Morris has proven that they'll play anyone, but the other team has to sign on as well.I believe they will enter the 4a playoffs with their closest contests being 17 and 21 points in weeks 2 and 3. And the 17 point contest wasn’t anywhere near that close. And they may end up with 5 or more running clocks.
It is what it is but it absolutely has to be a net negative when it’s time to play a close game in a quarter or semi against a team with similar or more talent than them.
If they have title aspirations in a given year, I would love to see them schedule a purposeful potential loss. Not simply a “nice” program like coal city, Peoria, Simeon, or Wilmington who will likely be able to keep it close ish and have a very outside shot at a win. Im talking a 5a or above power who is capable of kicking morris around. I just think there is value in what you learn from that. Lacking that, I simply think it is easier to predict how their first real test in a quarter or semi like we have seen in recent years.
Agree. Hoping the expanded playoff should help them find new scheduling partners going forward. Batavia was willing to schedule Rochester and Sandburg took on montini, so there are bigger programs willing to make it happen, but it is diffficukt to match up a worthy program and a corresponding open date. But I think it should be easier in 2027 than in previous years.Absolutely agree with this, but who is taking that game? A team like WWS, for example, was a 6A quarterfinal team but how do they benefit from playing Morris? It's lose-lose for them. Either they lose to a 4A team or big deal, they beat a 4A team. Similar situation to Morris playing Wilmington. Over the years Morris has proven that they'll play anyone, but the other team has to sign on as well.
I've said forever that I'd love to see Morris play some of the old Little 7 conference schools, but that game would do nothing to help a team like Geneva prepare for the season.
Morris AD is retiring at the end of this year so will be interesting to see who takes the job and how they look to schedule.
Assuming the expanded playoffs is here to stay.Agree. Hoping the expanded playoff should help them find new scheduling partners going forward. Batavia was willing to schedule Rochester and Sandburg took on montini, so there are bigger programs willing to make it happen, but it is diffficukt to match up a worthy program and a corresponding open date. But I think it should be easier in 2027 than in previous years.
Edgy Tim Football
Week 8 EDGYTIM Chicagoland Top 30
Edgy Tim Football
Video: Loyola 38 St. Ignatius 7
On3 Football
Northwestern's new era: Inside the first game at New Ryan Field
Rivals Football Recruiting
Rivals Riser: Illinois WR commit Bennett Konkey earns his fourth star
CaneSport football recruiting
Power ranking the five best Miami recruits I saw on the road in September