Morphing......

Orange Jennyslipper

All-Conference
Jan 4, 2005
9,673
2,021
0
That is amazing. Lately, I've been watching old silent films and lots of 20s thru 50s movies on TCM and I was thinking the other night how little special effects had changed between then and the 80s-90s.

Visual effects we take for granted today ("Oh, yeah, they have computers do all that.") would have given people seizures in the 60s -- with or without acid.

I recently saw 'Alice in Wonderland,' made in '33, and the special effects (even in black and white) were as good as anything made before '2001: A Space Odyssey.'

February is Oscar Month on TCM, btw. They show decades-worth of great Oscar winners and nominees. Lots of things you never get to see any more. It's about the only time you see a movie in color on TCM.

I guess they're available on Netflix and Amazon, but you have to know the name to order. I enjoy being surprised by a movie I never heard of.

Didn't mean to highjack, sorry, JB.
 
O State Illustrated

Latest

  1. 01 O State Illustrated Football Oklahoma State rolls West Virginia 41-24, win third straight
  2. 02 O State Illustrated Football OSI Staff Picks: Cowboys at Mountaineers
  3. 03 O State Illustrated Football Ask the Expert: Cummings on Oklahoma State at West Virginia
  4. 04 O State Illustrated Football Pop Warner to Boone Pickens: Mestemaker and Coleman's lifelong friendship
  5. 05 O State Illustrated Football Recruiting '28 AK Mekaowulu on OSU offer: ‘I like the direction they're going'