MJ Daniels

maroonmania

All-Conference
Feb 23, 2008
11,354
1,143
113
What sense would that make? Does he just want to make sure he gets recruited again since it was so profitable, I mean fun, the first time?
 
Last edited:

Russ Wheeler

Redshirt
Aug 3, 2020
2,430
0
0
Another chapter of a failed flipmas. I'm trying to remember all the flippers over the years, have any of them truly worked out? And even if they did do a little bit in college, were they not all 100% replaceable?

Cordell Giles, C.J. Johnson, Nick Brassell, Kailo Moore, Leo Lewis, Armani Linton, Takion Reed, James Williams, now M.J. Daniels. Some of those guys were decent but most did nothing and all were easily replaceable. I'm not counting the ones that got screwed over by their own stupidity like Pounders.

I like how Leach just laughs at these lollipop 3 stars and fringe 4 stars around here trying to play recrootin games. He's got enough ties and contacts to just go get a comparable player somewhere else.
 
Last edited:

HotMop

All-American
May 8, 2006
8,593
7,348
113
If he wants a "Fresh as Hail" t-shirt that bad more power to him.
 

maroonmania

All-Conference
Feb 23, 2008
11,354
1,143
113
You certainly can't put him in the failed category yet. He does seem to have all the characteristics we have seen in past failures though.
 

Uncle Ruckus

All-American
Apr 1, 2011
15,320
6,711
113
Don’t know. But there seems to be some smoke to the fire. Now, Mississippi will probably ante up and all will be well, be it’s interesting for sure. Maybe he’s pulling the old Leo Lewis take the money and run.
 

PirateDawg

Redshirt
Jan 9, 2020
1,751
0
0
The saddest part is that he was flipped by the two moles Ole Miss placed on our commit list. They did their job by getting one of our commits to decommit.
 

Russ Wheeler

Redshirt
Aug 3, 2020
2,430
0
0
The saddest part is that he was flipped by the two moles Ole Miss placed on our commit list. They did their job by getting one of our commits to decommit.
Yeah but again, a bunch of 3 star run of the mill dude. Same thing that happened in 2011, where Brassell and Singleton flirted with us enough to get Johnson, and there again, while rated highly, still played like just a normal 3 star level recruit. I'd say we more than replaced them in that class with McKinney and/or Smith.
 

FISHDAWG

Redshirt
Dec 27, 2009
2,077
0
36
Another chapter of a failed flipmas. I'm trying to remember all the flippers over the years, have any of them truly worked out? And even if they did do a little bit in college, were they not all 100% replaceable?

Cordell Giles, C.J. Johnson, Nick Brassell, Kailo Moore, Leo Lewis, Armani Linton, Takion Reed, James Williams, now M.J. Daniels. Some of those guys were decent but most did nothing and all were easily replaceable. I'm not counting the ones that got screwed over by their own stupidity like Pounders.

I like how Leach just laughs at these lollipop 3 stars and fringe 4 stars around here trying to play recrootin games. He's got enough ties and contacts to just go get a comparable player somewhere else.

Leo worked out pretty well .... for us
 

jethreauxdawg

Heisman
Dec 20, 2010
11,886
17,160
113
Brassell, what a waste of talent

Didn’t OM assign people to walk him to class, and he still wouldn’t go? Did freeze try playing him on both sides of the ball and he ended up injured and just washed out?
 

Ralph Cramden

Redshirt
Jan 7, 2020
2,696
0
0
I heard his advisors and informed him that it would be more beneficial to his career to turn down OM and go to Scooba Tech. Direct pipeline to the NFL
 

Ozarkdawg

Senior
Apr 1, 2017
853
707
93
Who said he couldn't qualify? If he qualifies but wants out of Oxford, wouldn't 1 yr juco allow him to do that and play anywhere in the 2nd year? And going juco early gets another semester of classes out of the way and he could go through spring camp, and possibly spring camp next year at a 1st college.

I have no idea, just speculating.
 
Last edited:

Bucky Dog

Redshirt
Nov 10, 2012
904
0
0
You know I heard a story once before it seems about a kid wanting to go to a school really bad, and then a parent got involved when another school came to that father with the promise of money. Well, dad had the final say so and begrudgingly the kid signed with the money school. Soon thereafter, the promised offering from school he signed with was lowered and not deliverable. So this recruit decided he could go play Juco for a year and get some playing time, then sign with his school of choice.

Not sure if that’s what is happening here or not.
 

oxfordrebel22

Sophomore
Oct 31, 2013
1,928
134
63
Didn’t OM assign people to walk him to class, and he still wouldn’t go? Did freeze try playing him on both sides of the ball and he ended up injured and just washed out?

He was massive waste of talent. He was a Day 1 NFL CB if he wanted to be. Apparently he didn’t want to be. Ole Miss tried everything to babysit him, nothing worked.
 

oxfordrebel22

Sophomore
Oct 31, 2013
1,928
134
63
What an interesting story.

I won’t lie, I’m intrigued by it. There’s literally not a peep of it on the Ole Miss board. Not even a deleted thread that I’ve seen. But, it’s being wildly discussed on Gene’s Page. Normally I would chalk it up to sour grapes from a few sore losers that every message board has, but Steve seems to be giving it some credence. And, as much as OM fans don’t like Steve, myself included, he often knows things that are going to negatively impact Ole Miss before Ole Miss people do. The reasons why are debatable, but the fact that he does is not.

So, I don’t have a clue what’s going on. But, if it’s not academically related, it likely doesn’t end well for Ole Miss. That, or it’s a message board rumor stirred up by the Kang himself, that never gets mentioned again. Hell if I know.
 

Uncle Ruckus

All-American
Apr 1, 2011
15,320
6,711
113
I won’t lie, I’m intrigued by it. There’s literally not a peep of it on the Ole Miss board. Not even a deleted thread that I’ve seen. But, it’s being wildly discussed on Gene’s Page. Normally I would chalk it up to sour grapes from a few sore losers that every message board has, but Steve seems to be giving it some credence. And, as much as OM fans don’t like Steve, myself included, he often knows things that are going to negatively impact Ole Miss before Ole Miss people do. The reasons why are debatable, but the fact that he does is not.

So, I don’t have a clue what’s going on. But, if it’s not academically related, it likely doesn’t end well for Ole Miss. That, or it’s a message board rumor stirred up by the Kang himself, that never gets mentioned again. Hell if I know.
Right. Hate him all you want, but he’s not one to spread false info. I think he’ll end up enrolling by next week, but it’s interesting nonetheless
 
Last edited:

Willow Grove Dawg

All-American
Nov 3, 2016
8,419
6,113
113
Steve always scoops the Ole Miss fan-boy sites (yeah Neal that means you also) because they are are scared of the pushback if they report bad news. They just sit back hoping it will go away & look like dumbasses when it materializes. Dan Wolken described them perfectly during the NCAA investigation as “The Cultish Klanish Media Bubble surrounding Oxford”. Never forget though that Neal is a self proclaimed real journalist.
 

maroonmania

All-Conference
Feb 23, 2008
11,354
1,143
113
Right, its not that OM people don't know, its that they march in lock step to not report negative things about the program. One way I know that is that there have been multiple times where OM insiders know AND spread things negative about something going on with MSU even before our folks get a hold of it. The OM fan boys pretty much all do march in lock step when it comes to OM news because OM is all about image over substance anyway. They would much rather be 'scooped' than put out something they think might hurt the OM image or program. Nothing showed that more than the prolonged NCAA investigation under Freeze where the entire OM media had lockjaw.
 

oxfordrebel22

Sophomore
Oct 31, 2013
1,928
134
63
Steve always scoops the Ole Miss fan-boy sites (yeah Neal that means you also) because they are are scared of the pushback if they report bad news. They just sit back hoping it will go away & look like dumbasses when it materializes. Dan Wolken described them perfectly during the NCAA investigation as “The Cultish Klanish Media Bubble surrounding Oxford”. Never forget though that Neal is a self proclaimed real journalist.

The Ole Miss beat looked bad during that whole ordeal, no doubt. No defending it. But to portray the MSU beat as some beacon of journalism is also not true. Steve pursued that “truth” because he wanted that truth. He didn’t pursue a damn thing negative about MSU. I’m not mad at him, I get it. It’s just the truth.

That entire business lends itself to fanboys and that’s exactly what it has.
 

Willow Grove Dawg

All-American
Nov 3, 2016
8,419
6,113
113
Steve is what he is & as a rule he owns it. It just pisses me off that an Ole Miss fan-boy in righteously claims that he is NOT A FAN
 

oxfordrebel22

Sophomore
Oct 31, 2013
1,928
134
63
Steve is what he is & as a rule he owns it. It just pisses me off that an Ole Miss fan-boy in righteously claims that he is NOT A FAN

I get it, but I can’t influence it. But Steve also tries to take the high road and pretend it’s some moral obligation, when it’s clearly about Ole Miss. Neal is no better.
 

paindonthurt_

All-Conference
Jun 27, 2009
9,528
2,046
113
I don’t think Steve has ever claimed he wasn’t a fan of state. Ever.

I think he’s made it pretty clear he doesn’t like ole miss.

Steve might be a douche but he’s pretty honest abt where he stands.

Neal McCready is a liar.
 

oxfordrebel22

Sophomore
Oct 31, 2013
1,928
134
63
I don’t think Steve has ever claimed he wasn’t a fan of state. Ever.

I think he’s made it pretty clear he doesn’t like ole miss.

Steve might be a douche but he’s pretty honest abt where he stands.

Neal McCready is a liar.

Yes, I have acknowledged this. I’m not comparing the two, I was responding to someone else who did. Neal is a prick. Him being a prick doesn’t change a thing about Steve.
 
Maroon and White

Latest

  1. 01 Maroon and White Football Mississippi State PFF Grades from 56-23 loss to Alabama
  2. 02 Maroon and White Football Anthony Evans III posts highest PFN WR grade of Week 5
  3. 03 Maroon and White Football Standout Stats: No. 7 Alabama 56-23 No. 16 Mississippi State
  4. 04 Maroon and White Football Unpacking Mississippi State's offensive unraveling against Alabama
  5. 05 Maroon and White Football "Learning Moments": Mississippi State HC Jeff Lebby speaks on rough outing for QB Kamario Taylor