Mississippi Senate Bill 2536.

Status
Not open for further replies.

RotorHead

Senior
Mar 26, 2019
718
603
93
She didn't get fired for mocking the use of pronouns in her bio

You're not wrong (although I'm sure that stoked the flame a little)

She was fired for likening conservatism to being a Jew in Nazi Germany.

Pedro Pascal used a similar analogy...however he compared Trump to the Third Reich by showing immigrant children in cages in conjunction with holocaust camp prisoners. Nevermind the fact that the infamous "kids in cages" picture(s) are from the Obama admin. But he's a progressive leftist...so it's ok.
Then you have James Gunn, joking about 9/11, pedophilia, and rape. But it's ok because he's an "essential worker" (movie producer) who also has left-leaning ideologies.
 

DAWG61

Redshirt
Feb 26, 2008
10,111
0
0
Sorry wasn't aware of any controversial social media posts from Pascal till I just now looked it up. This seems to be the one Trump voters are out for blood on. Probably not a good look to be blood thirsty over this though when we have another impeachment trial going on literally right this second because of a violent coup attempt on January 6th.

[tweet]1359707791791951878[/tweet]
 

dorndawg

Heisman
Sep 10, 2012
9,355
10,682
113
That's not actually what she did. That's just what idiots think she did and also people that have been misled. Lots of people mischaracterizing her retweet.

What she retweeted was overwrought. We're not going on our way to a holocaust. We are on our way to violence. We already have had some and we will probably have more and worse unless the wokeism dies down and we can get to a point where there is a concensus on the left that mainstream political thought on the right isn't deserving of a violent response and belongs in the public square. Macron has I believe denounced it and he's not exactly conservative so I think there is a decent chance a lot of lefties will realize how destructive it is before we get to real significant violence.

ETA: Also, she's not a "very average actress", or at least that's not the right way to judge her. She is an above average female action star. She's certainly not going to get any awards for her acting, but she's also generally not going to be playing roles that most actresses can play convincingly.

LOL
 

Pilgrimdawg

All-Conference
Aug 30, 2018
1,816
2,387
113
Nothing amazes me anymore. I simply could not be more disgusted with people in general.

THIS!

I keep telling my wife that I should have been born 100 years earlier. Our Country is now full of idiots that have no respect for anyone else. It’s all about greed and power. Common sense is all but gone.
 

johnson86-1

All-American
Aug 22, 2012
15,178
5,721
113
Consider it an honor that some on this board hold mods to a higher standard than the rest of us peasants. When you start a poli thread you're probably gonna get a couple downvotes.

A "politics" thread about a bill that directly impacts MSU sports is a little different than the typical political thread.

Regardless of your political views, this is a big deal for MSU women's sports, which judging by the number of women's basketball posts, we care about. Even though it's going to be a pretty small number of males that want to play female sports, it's going to be a big deal for programs that want to be elite. If you get say a solid division III level men's basketball player with gender dysphoria, then they are going to be able to dominate women's DI if they want to move over. Hell, just think about the number of guys dunking in Sanderson.

If there are 10,000,000 college aged men (which there are more than that now but will probably be closer to that in the future), there should be around 500 of them that suffer gender dyshporia on the low end (the high end estimates would put it at 1,400). A lot of those 500 won't be able to get to college for one reason or another or won't be athletes, but if just 5% of those are good high school athletes, that's still enough to alter the competitive landscape in women's college sports.
 
Last edited:

DAWG61

Redshirt
Feb 26, 2008
10,111
0
0
I haven’t modded anymore since I was told I was an ******* after becoming a mod.

Congratulations on being able to escape from that horrendous never-ending job. For the record though you were/are one of my favorite mods though so don't let any downvotes fool you. Have a beer on me today I'll pay you back with free chat.
 

Go Budaw

Redshirt
Aug 22, 2012
7,321
0
36
I’m pretty sure nobody thinks it’s actually appropriate for transgendered males to play women’s sports. But to play devil’s advocate, I’d also argue that there is no threat to individual or public safety that arises from such a scenario that should make an individual subject to arrest or prosecution if they did try to compete. Therefore, I’d say this is another gigantic waste of time and tax payer dollars on behalf of the MS legislature....trying to police something that has successfully policed itself since the beginning of time.

Downvote away.
 

VegasDawg13

Freshman
Jun 11, 2007
2,191
80
48
If genetic males who identify as females are allowed to play in female sports, I do not think such a decision will end girl's/women's sports as we know it.
There won't suddenly be a bunch of Juwanna Manns hitting the hardwood and fields.
First, there are just so few people that this would apply to, women's sports isn't in danger. Second, the fear that suddenly boys will declare they identify as a different gender just to play a sport is probably a lot more fear than reality.
So, I completely agree with you that the suggestion that boys will declare themselves girls en masse just to play against an easier playing field is completely overblown. Imagine how much **** you'd get in high school for doing such a thing.

However, the relevant question to me is whether it would happen at all, even once? I think the answer is quite obviously yes.

And then the follow up is whether you're okay with it happening at all, even once? My answer to that is no.
 

Drebin

Heisman
Aug 22, 2012
22,523
27,492
113
Nothing amazes me anymore. I simply could not be more disgusted with people in general.

A few years ago I saw this movie. "Idiocracy." Mike Judge (Beavis and Butt-head, King of the Hill, Officespace) made it. It stars Luke Wilson, Dak Shephard, and Maya Rudolph. It's funny.

I had no idea that it was a documentary, however. But present times are proving it out.
 

Drebin

Heisman
Aug 22, 2012
22,523
27,492
113
I’m pretty sure nobody thinks it’s actually appropriate for transgendered males to play women’s sports. But to play devil’s advocate, I’d also argue that there is no threat to individual or public safety that arises from such a scenario that should make an individual subject to arrest or prosecution if they did try to compete. Therefore, I’d say this is another gigantic waste of time and tax payer dollars on behalf of the MS legislature....trying to police something that has successfully policed itself since the beginning of time.

Downvote away.

The whole point is that it's not policing itself anymore. It's trying - but it's no longer politically correct to do so. So you have an entire wing of science deniers who think it's okay for a dude to identify as a female and compete in sporting events against other females (or do even creepier things). The left used to be the party of feminism. Now it's the party of taking away a woman's right to compete against other biological women in sporting events. Title IX was born to give women equal opportunity, not protect men who like to wear dresses.

Listen to the science - isn't that what we're supposed to do? If you have a penis, you're a dude. Unlike other things that we get lectured about over and over, this actually IS settled science.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maroon and White

Latest

  1. 01 Maroon and White Football Unpacking Mississippi State's offensive unraveling against Alabama
  2. 02 Maroon and White Football "Learning Moments": Mississippi State HC Jeff Lebby speaks on rough outing for QB Kamario Taylor
  3. 03 Maroon and White Football "We let ourselves down": Isaac Smith and Anthony Evans III speak on Mississippi State's defeat to Alabama
  4. 04 Maroon and White Rapid Recap: No. 7 Alabama 56-23 No. 16 Mississippi State
  5. 05 Maroon and White Football Live Updates: Mississippi State vs. Alabama