Minor topic, but walk-ons?

Dr.LutherSan

All-American
Sep 6, 2019
4,542
9,152
113
Has there been any discussion as far as how walk-ons under Pope will be handled? Will he go back to a try out system? Will it still be nepotism based? I don’t think it matters too much as to how the walk-ons are picked, but I assume you still want two guys to help run practices and you know, for gpa purposes.
I'd go after the kids that have the highest chance of being millionaires, outside of athletics. I don't care if they can dribble a basketball. This program needs more high-rolling donors.
 

lazycat75

Senior
Nov 25, 2019
438
733
0
If that's the case then Yes I will be trying out this yr team been doing extra laps on the mower to prepare myself taking extra naps clear mind cant loose. Go Big Blue
 

Coach Marrow

All-Conference
Mar 23, 2020
1,487
2,689
0
It wouldn’t be difficult to invite incoming UK freshmen or currently enrolled students who played high school ball to a tryout
 
  • Like
Reactions: JASUN74

Bluegrassking

All-Conference
Jul 18, 2006
4,050
1,912
0
I like a couple that could remotely play in desperate need, possibly hopeful future coach types or just guys that would rather walk on here than play for Transy or whatever.

Then mostly it is about propping up GPA and opportunities for "political" favors/incentives/seeding.
 
KSR

Latest

  1. 01 KSR Football Recruiting Good news! 4-star Kentucky pledge Tristin Hughes did not make the trip to Louisville
  2. 02 KSR Cats in the NBA Tyler Herro, wearing a new number, recreates TJ Ford's iconic rookie photos
  3. 03 KSR Football Bowl Roundup: Kentucky comfortably in postseason projections following 3-1 start
  4. 04 KSR Football Shane Beamer opens up on job security ahead of Kentucky matchup
  5. 05 KSR Football House of Blue Hot Take Review digs into Kentucky's 45-21 win over South Alabama