Meyer to the Jags

jethreauxdawg

Heisman
Dec 20, 2010
11,885
17,159
113
Ok, do the cost of living debate between California and Jacksonville, or anywhere else in the US.
 

Maroon Eagle

All-American
May 24, 2006
18,584
8,562
102
The cost of living in California is sky high. I have family members who lived there and some still do. I also worked in the Bay Area for a few months many years ago.

California is a gorgeous place I love to visit but it's got to be a Godfather Offer for me to live there & work.
 
Last edited:

PirateDawg

Redshirt
Jan 9, 2020
1,751
0
0
Super Talk guys said he wouldn't last with the Jags. They said his ego is too fragile for the NFL. They pointed to when he lost in college and had to leave Florida because he couldn't handle losing a game.
 

johnson86-1

All-American
Aug 22, 2012
15,178
5,721
113
This is a good lesson in job searching/economics. Chase income first, then when incomes are the same, look into COL. And COL is way more than state income tax.

I've always thought it comical to see people pump this state or that state because of no income tax. It's like they don't have the brain capacity to consider the other factors because they aren't QUITE as readily available as a 2 second google search. A lot of this looney-ness goes on in the Memphis/Desoto debate.

The potential cost of living is so big you really have to look at it at the same time. The only caveat I would have for that is maybe if you are young and willing to be mobile and with a company with locations in high cost and low cost areas, you might do better by going to a high cost area early to maximize your pay and then looking for an opportunity later with the same company to relocate to a lower cost area that will hopefully not reduce your pay. But I don't think having a high salary even helps get a higher salary when you relocate to a lower cost of living area because companies understand that you'll have a much higher standard of living even while taking a cut in pay.
 

fishwater99

Freshman
Jun 4, 2007
14,073
54
48
The cost of living in California is sky high. I have family members who lived there and some still do. I also worked in the Bay Area for a few months many years ago.

California is a gorgeous place I love to visit but it's got to be a Godfather Offer for me to live there & work.

The Chargers HC job pays a Godfather salary and comes with multiple Bi Screen TV's..
 
Maroon and White

Latest

  1. 01 Maroon and White Football Mississippi State PFF Grades from 56-23 loss to Alabama
  2. 02 Maroon and White Football Anthony Evans III posts highest PFN WR grade of Week 5
  3. 03 Maroon and White Football Standout Stats: No. 7 Alabama 56-23 No. 16 Mississippi State
  4. 04 Maroon and White Football Unpacking Mississippi State's offensive unraveling against Alabama
  5. 05 Maroon and White Football "Learning Moments": Mississippi State HC Jeff Lebby speaks on rough outing for QB Kamario Taylor