Meltdown in Madison

rudedude

Heisman
Sep 28, 2002
9,049
17,713
113
This clip is a clearer view and looked like Howard was just gonna blow off Gard

 

Midnighter

Heisman
Jan 22, 2021
12,777
21,220
113
Rex Chapman now asking to abolish the post-game handshake, along with his previous request of abolishing the playing of the national anthem. :oops:

I agree with that too. It’s a sporting event and totally unnecessary (and I grew up on Marine bases where we stood for the Anthem before movies played at the base theater and stopped and got out of our cars for ‘Retreat’ at night).
 

yboby

Senior
Oct 6, 2021
391
400
63
Looks like Phil Martelli will be a head coach again, at least on an interim basis.
 

yboby

Senior
Oct 6, 2021
391
400
63
Yeah, that's my take as well, if Gard hadn't insisted on explaining himself nothing would have happened. Still, no excuse.
Howard pulled a similar stunt with Maryland's then head coach Mark Turgeon during the B10 tournament last season. Claimed that he thought Turgeon was going to attack him and that he learned growing up in Chicago that you have to defend yourself when someone attacks you. He also allegedly threatened to kill Turgeon during the incident. Really bizarre and unacceptable behavior.
 

J.E.B

All-Conference
Jul 8, 2001
2,344
3,421
113
Howard said he felt threatened??? My god he’s the biggest guy there. He was blow the coach off and the wiscy grabs his arm. Howard’s a whiner. But no severe penalties.
 

Alphalion75

All-Conference
Oct 24, 2001
15,209
4,309
113
Whisky beat Michigan. While shaking hands at the end the Michigan and Wisky coaches had words. The Michigan coach took a swing at a security guard trying to separate them and a brawl erupted. I’m assuming a suspension is coming (but it is Michigan so who knows).
Howard should be fired. Let's wait and see if the leaders at Michigan have the same moral courage as the Ohio State leadership exhibited when they fired the legendary Woody Hayes.
 
Last edited:

bbb2021

Senior
Nov 14, 2021
966
625
93
Howard pulled a similar stunt with Maryland's then head coach Mark Turgeon during the B10 tournament last season. Claimed that he thought Turgeon was going to attack him and that he learned growing up in Chicago that you have to defend yourself when someone attacks you. He also allegedly threatened to kill Turgeon during the incident. Really bizarre and unacceptable behavior.
Goes along with being a true "Michigan Man."
 

GregInPitt

Senior
May 29, 2001
4,873
970
113
If UM has an ounce of accountability, Howard would be fired by tomorrow morning. But they don't, so it's more likely he'll get a contract extension.....

Lets hope that the Madison police file assault charges against Howard to force the UM administration's hand....
 
Last edited:

pamdlion

All-American
Nov 17, 2003
4,742
8,804
113
What Howard said last year after he got into it with Turgeon.

“ I don’t know how you guys were raised, but how I was raised by my grandmother and also by Chicago, because I was raised by Chicago. I grew up in the South Side. When guys charge you, it’s time to defend yourself, especially when a grown man charges you.”
 

BobPSU92

Heisman
Aug 22, 2001
45,614
37,818
113
What Howard said last year after he got into it with Turgeon.

“ I don’t know how you guys were raised, but how I was raised by my grandmother and also by Chicago, because I was raised by Chicago. I grew up in the South Side. When guys charge you, it’s time to defend yourself, especially when a grown man charges you.”

He really is an a$$hole.
 

FK3JM

Senior
Oct 31, 2021
228
477
63
I don’t even care. This stuff becomes great YouTube material 5, 10 years from now. It’s a giant nothing in the grand scheme of things. If Howard can’t stop acting like a spaz, fire him. Otherwise suspend him and move on. I love fire and passion in sports and unless we ban testosterone, men throwing punches isn’t going anywhere.
 
  • Like
Reactions: LionJim

Liontown

Senior
Aug 11, 2018
438
506
93
I don’t even care. This stuff becomes great YouTube material 5, 10 years from now. It’s a giant nothing in the grand scheme of things. If Howard can’t stop acting like a spaz, fire him. Otherwise suspend him and move on. I love fire and passion in sports and unless we ban testosterone, men throwing punches isn’t going anywhere.

You don't even care and a giant nothing, yet you chose to write a 5 sentence reply?? Fascinating.
 

BobPSU92

Heisman
Aug 22, 2001
45,614
37,818
113
I don’t even care. This stuff becomes great YouTube material 5, 10 years from now. It’s a giant nothing in the grand scheme of things. If Howard can’t stop acting like a spaz, fire him. Otherwise suspend him and move on. I love fire and passion in sports and unless we ban testosterone, men throwing punches isn’t going anywhere.

It simply is inappropriate behavior by the supposed leader of the michigan basketball program. It sets a bad example for the student-athletes who are supposed to learn from him. It puts the school in a bad light. It’s bad all around. There’s no excusing it. “Boys will be boys” doesn’t cut it.
 

wolve1972

Junior
Sep 3, 2018
779
281
18
Howard said he felt threatened??? My god he’s the biggest guy there. He was blow the coach off and the wiscy grabs his arm. Howard’s a whiner. But no severe penalties.
Didn't Howard say the same thing when he went after the Maryland coach last year? Could be wrong, but I thought he was suspended or reprimanded over that incident. Hmmmm, maybe starting to see pattern with him ?
 
BWI

Latest

  1. 01 BWI Football Penn State's Five Guys: Which Nittany Lions are pivotal in taking down USC?
  2. 02 BWI Football Matt Campbell: Penn State's problems - and solutions - require a 'global' approach
  3. 03 BWI Football The issues with Penn State's struggling run game are clear; fixing them is a much more challenging task
  4. 04 BWI Football Penn State Head Coach Matt Campbell Press Conference: USC
  5. 05 BWI Football Koby Howard injury update: What is the latest on the Penn State receiver before USC?