MBB: Dayton Game Thread..

57stratdawg

Heisman
Dec 1, 2004
148,711
24,584
113
Big sequence early in OT. Cam thought it was a 5th foul, but they reviewed it and overturned it.
 

Seinfeld

All-American
Nov 30, 2006
11,645
7,906
113
Unfortunately, we do practically nothing to take advantage of the things swinging our way because we can’t hit a “#%*ing free throw
 

Msubulldogfan1

Freshman
Sep 12, 2013
8,835
80
48
It’s not just FT shooting, we have only 3 offensive guys on the team, the can’t shoot free throws or anything else. It’s painful offense to watch.

What a handicap it is to have two or three guys on the court at all times that contribute almost nothing offensively.
 

57stratdawg

Heisman
Dec 1, 2004
148,711
24,584
113
That shot has to happen earlier Molinar. We can’t start that play with 5 seconds on the clock.
 

Seinfeld

All-American
Nov 30, 2006
11,645
7,906
113
Having one of those 13 missed free throws back sure would be nice about now. My hat’s off to this group for their energy and what they’re doing today, but we are going to lose A LOT of close games this year if we can’t at least get to 65% from FT. Not 80, not even 70. 17ing 65% would be wonderful
 

57stratdawg

Heisman
Dec 1, 2004
148,711
24,584
113
Molinar can’t get it to fall at the buzzer. Free throws and close shots at the basket cost us a win.
 

DoomSlayer

Senior
Jan 13, 2018
1,053
436
83
It sucks to lose that game but I’m generally more optimistic than I was before the season. We would really be handful if we could just find a little more offense from somewhere. Getting the free throw percentage up would be a gold start.
 

Seinfeld

All-American
Nov 30, 2006
11,645
7,906
113
Right there with you. I honestly questioned whether this group would win 10 games before the season. Now, I don’t know how things will end up in terms of W/Ls, but I think we’re going to be in a lot of ball games.

The most frustrating thing to me is that in spite of the obvious offensive deficiencies, it doesn’t seem like Howland has done a heck of a lot the last 2 years now to get scorers. HS, Juco, transfer portal... whatever. They’re out there, and even if they don’t have typical SEC size, we just need anybody that can hit an open shot and a FT right now
 

57stratdawg

Heisman
Dec 1, 2004
148,711
24,584
113
I agree. We were 1 shot away today with Molinar and Tulu having subpar games offensively. The team is lead by 3 sophomores on offense. They’re still growing. I still think we’re ahead of what I expected entering the year.
 

Dawgcap

Redshirt
Mar 7, 2017
944
0
0
Also we were 9-22 with several front end misses. We played technically well enough to win. Just didn’t execute the basic skills. Today wasn’t coaching
 

hailstate19

Redshirt
Nov 7, 2015
1,190
41
48
I like watching this team play. They seem to play more as a unit or “team ball” more so then any Howland coached team. Like we don’t seem to have any players that have huge egos, but just average to good skills. Newman, Kegler, Peaters, Stapleton, Nick Weatherspoon etc were like this it seemed. I mean I could be wrong. I just felt like those guys sometimes got a little lost in looking to where they are headed next, instead of the task at hand. I felt sometimes our team cemetery suffered from that.


The team cemetery of the current team is very hard nosed blue collar type. Has the feeling of the early 2000s Stansbury teams. Like the result Probably won’t be the NCAA tournament this year, but I’m thinking it will be soon if the core group stays pretty much the same. I’m really looking forward to SEC play. Maybe they upset some teams this year.
 
Last edited:
Maroon and White

Latest

  1. 01 Maroon and White Mississippi State Basketball tipoff times finalized
  2. 02 Rivals Basketball Recruiting Mississippi State, Maryland & UCF talking visits with 4-star forward K'Nard Callendar
  3. 03 Maroon and White Football "Fine line": Mississippi State HC Jeff Lebby speaks on managing health and preparation
  4. 04 Maroon and White Football Recruiting 2028 4-star RB Zaiden Jernigan talks Mississippi State visit
  5. 05 Maroon and White Football 2027 Mississippi State commit Julian "Juju" McDonald shuts down recruitment