Matt W.'s Bowl Preview

Ranchdawg

All-Conference
Dec 13, 2012
4,740
4,015
113
Where is your faith? We played some of the best run teams in the country. I think Anett will have the defense ready.
 

Junction John

Redshirt
Oct 22, 2014
3,249
0
0
Yeah some of those points are scary.

1. 3-man front.
2. Speed rush from the edges.
3. Senior laden.

Sounds like trouble. On the other hand, I trust our run defense a lot better than coverage downfield, so I guess that could be a plus.
 

jethreauxdawg

Heisman
Dec 20, 2010
11,909
17,220
113
My gut tells me we have to win the turnover margin by +2 to win this thing. May need a score from our defense.
 

randystewart

Junior
Jan 14, 2009
1,199
340
83
One factor when looking at their schedule this year is that they have faced only one Power 5 defense so far in Okie State. They put up 7 points in that game. We are very young, but I think our defense is better than Okie State's. The real factor that I see is which offense shows up for us. We seem to look solid or like complete crap with no real in-between.
 

wsjmsu75

Junior
Sep 29, 2017
2,421
210
63
Looking at the weather forecast, I would say that weather will dominate this game more than anything else. Bound to be a sloppy, and probably low scoring, game. That is a shame, because our offense was finally starting to click.

Eta- Wish they could move the game to an indoor stadium.
 
Last edited:
Maroon and White

Latest

  1. 01 Maroon and White Mississippi State Bye Week Checklist: What Needs Work?
  2. 02 Maroon and White Football Mississippi State Bye Week Watchlist
  3. 03 Maroon and White Mississippi State Basketball tipoff times finalized
  4. 04 Rivals Basketball Recruiting Mississippi State, Maryland & UCF talking visits with 4-star forward K'Nard Callendar
  5. 05 Maroon and White Football "Fine line": Mississippi State HC Jeff Lebby speaks on managing health and preparation