Marcus Murphy officially gone as he will prepare for NFL draft...

dawgstudent

Heisman
Apr 15, 2003
40,559
22,420
113
I understand the situation with his child and I hope he becomes an all pro but looking at his college career.

Freshman year - all special teams
Sophomore year - suspended 8 games
Junior year - played 6 games

Is there enough to justify the decision? I don't see it but as I said - I hope he becomes an all pro.
 
Last edited:

MSUDC11

Redshirt
Aug 23, 2012
7,316
0
0
I understand the situation with his child and I hope he becomes an all pro but looking at his college career.

Freshman year - all special teams
Sophomore year - suspended 8 games
Junior year - played 6 games

Is there enough to justify the decision? I don't see it but as I said - I hope he becomes an all pro.

Wish him well but you have a valid point. I’m concerned he won’t get drafted and coming back next year and having a good year could’ve solidified his draft status.

But again, a man has his reasons and I hope it works out for him.
 

Uncle Ruckus

All-American
Apr 1, 2011
15,328
6,717
113
He needs to come back or transfer. He will have 3 to play 2 wherever he would go. Not a good long-term decision - family situation or not.
0% chance he will be drafted.
 

Coast_Dawg

Senior
Nov 16, 2020
1,338
725
113
Now, instead of being called a ....

Nevermind, good luck to the young man signing as an undrafted FA.
 

kired

All-Conference
Aug 22, 2008
7,141
2,565
113
Good luck to him - no sour grapes or anything, but I’m with you. I’ve never been impressed. Don’t see him getting a shot in the NFL. Maybe he’s just sick of going to school
 

SirBarksalot

Junior
May 28, 2007
2,994
284
83
Wish him all the luck in the world, but curious where he got that advice from? Seems like a horrible decision, but I hope I’m proven wrong,
 

Mafiadawg

Redshirt
Nov 5, 2013
421
5
18
If he wants to make a difference, he needs to graduate (free) college and get a good paying job. Some guys just are not nfl players. Not a thing wrong with that. But he is not remotely an nfl player.
 

Irondawg

Senior
Dec 2, 2007
2,980
632
113
I’ve been wrong many a time about some players chances at landing on a NFL team. I really hope this is one of those times
 
Jan 1, 2020
525
0
0
I understand the situation with his child and I hope he becomes an all pro but looking at his college career.

Freshman year - all special teams
Sophomore year - suspended 8 games
Junior year - played 6 games

Is there enough to justify the decision? I don't see it but as I said - I hope he becomes an all pro.

hahahahahaha this dude isn’t getting drafted. Someone might give him a tryout and a cup of coffee. Dumb gets dumber.
 

karlchilders.sixpack

All-Conference
Jun 5, 2008
21,132
4,896
113
And everyone assumes,

he has done the things he needed to do to be a student.

I really don't know, but

I think many leave early, because they did not take care of their educational requirements.

Maybe, maybe not.
 
Maroon and White

Latest

  1. 01 Rivals Basketball Recruiting 5-star AJ Williams details his official visits and where things stand with UNC, BYU & Arkansas as the early signing period nears
  2. 02 Maroon and White Mississippi State Bye Week Checklist: What Needs Work?
  3. 03 Maroon and White Football Mississippi State Bye Week Watchlist
  4. 04 Maroon and White Mississippi State Basketball tipoff times finalized
  5. 05 Rivals Basketball Recruiting Mississippi State, Maryland & UCF talking visits with 4-star forward K'Nard Callendar