Madeira

Cowguy

All-Conference
May 29, 2001
12,580
2,666
0
Funny. I have a friend who retired in his mid 50s and moved to Malaga Spain to live the ex pat life. He and his wife are able to fly cheaply all over Europe and are traveling a ton. They have been twice and are in love with the Madeira. Mountains, gorgeous beaches and coastlines. Friendly people and great food. Says it's really inexpensive too. 4 star hotels for 100 us. They stayed the first time in and around Funchal. Ventured out the second trip and stayed in smaller towns around the island. Said language barrier gets tough the more rural you get.
 
  • Like
Reactions: BIGOSUFAN

BIGOSUFAN

Heisman
Aug 7, 2001
16,193
38,849
102
Funny. I have a friend who retired in his mid 50s and moved to Malaga Spain to live the ex pat life. He and his wife are able to fly cheaply all over Europe and are traveling a ton. They have been twice and are in love with the Madeira. Mountains, gorgeous beaches and coastlines. Friendly people and great food. Says it's really inexpensive too. 4 star hotels for 100 us. They stayed the first time in and around Funchal. Ventured out the second trip and stayed in smaller towns around the island. Said language barrier gets tough the more rural you get.

Awesome, thanks. Five year anniversary coming up and I’m gonna surprise my wife with a trip. Originally I had thought about going back to Positano in Italy on the Amalfi Coast where we stayed for part of our honeymoon but then I read about Madeira and it sounds incredible.
 

Pancreek1

Heisman
Aug 20, 2004
9,772
18,227
113
I have traveled there many times. It is beautiful.......and different than just about any place you can go. Combine it with a trip to Marrakesh and Casablanca and you won't be sorry. I've stayed at 3 different places there, all nice. Quinta Jardins do Lago, the Belmond and Cliff Bay.
 
O State Illustrated

Latest

  1. 01 O State Illustrated Football Recruiting Oklahoma State offers Pitt commit Jordan Young
  2. 02 Sports Predictions 2026 Heisman Trophy: Jeremiah Smith takes lead in Polymarket odds after Week 4
  3. 03 O State Illustrated Football Oklahoma State kicker Sam Keltner is ready for the spotlight
  4. 04 O State Illustrated Football OSI Breakdown Week 4 | Cowboys vs. Mountaineers
  5. 05 On3 Football Big 12 names Football Players of the Week after Week 4