Macro diet

Ostatedchi

Heisman
Jan 5, 2002
50,452
41,155
113
So I've started a new way of eating for me. I'm trying to hit 3 goals per day.
Carbs = 245g
Fat = 80g
Protein = 185g

Anything is on the menu as long I can reach those numbers. So far I'm having a really hard time getting to the protein goals. But am tracking it all in a spreadsheet and calculating it with my fitness pal website.

Anyone else try this before? Any tips?
 

The Duke

Heisman
May 29, 2001
18,552
59,377
103
My wife is a certified dietitian and MPH, she says your carb and fat targets are fine but your protein target may be high depending on your weight....and assuming your only reason for such a high number is weight lifting.
 

Ostatedchi

Heisman
Jan 5, 2002
50,452
41,155
113
My wife is a certified dietitian and MPH, she says your carb and fat targets are fine but your protein target may be high depending on your weight....and assuming your only reason for such a high number is weight lifting.
So... great point. Maybe it's natural that I'm struggling to meet that goal. I'll meet with my coach and discuss. Did she say what might be a more reasonable goal?

6ft 241lbs is where I'm at, Wanting to get down to 190 or so.
 

The Duke

Heisman
May 29, 2001
18,552
59,377
103
Are you working with a fitness trainer or a registered dietitian? Fitness trainer may not be qualified unless they are a registered dietitian/nutritionist.

She tells me the only way you can hit 185/day is with a protein supplement.
 

Ostatedchi

Heisman
Jan 5, 2002
50,452
41,155
113
Are you working with a fitness trainer or a registered dietitian? Fitness trainer may not be qualified unless they are a registered dietitian/nutritionist.

She tells me the only way you can hit 185/day is with a protein supplement.
Good deal. It's a fitness trainer. I'll see what they say.

And thank you and your wife. Appreciate it.
 
  • Like
Reactions: The Duke

TPOKE

Heisman
Jul 14, 2001
19,091
27,141
113
When I was diagnosed with Menieres 23 years ago they said no more than 2000 mg of sodium per day. That was a diet in itself. Lost 22 lbs in 6 weeks.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Ostatedchi
O State Illustrated

Latest

  1. 01 O State Illustrated Wrestling Sergio Vega now 149, Oklahoma State lineup wars heating up
  2. 02 O State Illustrated Basketball OSU's Ahmed, Burks and Walker see unselfish culture taking shape
  3. 03 O State Illustrated Football Recruiting Oklahoma State offers Pitt commit Jordan Young
  4. 04 Sports Predictions 2026 Heisman Trophy: Jeremiah Smith takes lead in Polymarket odds after Week 4
  5. 05 O State Illustrated Football Oklahoma State kicker Sam Keltner is ready for the spotlight