FRISTOE earned that Sunday spot.
Yes Fristoe has earned the spot but in the grand scheme of things I like this move. Don’t want to tax a true freshman’s arm, especially one with such potential, if you don’t have to. This will pay off in the long run. And hell, if nothing else and Cerantola sucks this weekend, tell Fristoe hope you enjoyed your weeks rest, now let’s get your *** back to work
Really good news to see Bednar is ready to start on Saturday. LSU's Saturday guy has been their best so far.
Expected Fristoe to start Sunday regardless of who started Saturday, but I'm not questioning the decision. Cerantola may be the best pure talent we have on the pitching staff. I understand the coaches wanting to be able to use him in a weekend starting role. The good news is we are deep. If any starter has trouble, we have guys to provide relief, including Fristoe.
You can’t just give up on Cerentola right now, so he has to get some innings. Being the Sunday starter is probably the best time to get those innings.
If he was going to bump somebody it should've been Cerantola. There's no doubt who has performed better during non conference between Cerantola and Fristoe. This is a head scratcher.
[TWEET]1372585947133526022[/TWEET]
but I would bring him in if needed. HR hitting is their forte.
I figure cerentola will be on a pretty short leash.
Maroon and White Football
Unpacking Mississippi State's offensive unraveling against Alabama
Maroon and White Football
"Learning Moments": Mississippi State HC Jeff Lebby speaks on rough outing for QB Kamario Taylor
Maroon and White Football
"We let ourselves down": Isaac Smith and Anthony Evans III speak on Mississippi State's defeat to Alabama
Maroon and White
Rapid Recap: No. 7 Alabama 56-23 No. 16 Mississippi State
Maroon and White Football
Live Updates: Mississippi State vs. Alabama