MAC Week 1 Predictions

kyleheel30

All-American
Sep 4, 2019
3,278
6,555
113
Asheville 35
East Rutherford 20

Enka 28
North Henderson 21

Erwin 20
West Henderson 14

Reynolds 27
Brevard 13

Roberson 35
Huss 22

Cherokee 34
North Buncombe 14
 
Last edited:

Rocketsrock1

Redshirt
Aug 15, 2025
29
32
13
Asheville 35
East Rutherford 20

Enka 20
North Henderson 14

Erwin 27
West Henderson 21

Reynolds 24
Brevard 13

Roberson 40
Huss 20

Cherokee 21
North Buncombe 20
 
  • Like
Reactions: kyleheel30

MHHS"12

Senior
Jun 5, 2023
878
894
56
Asheville 49-21
North Henderson 28-7
Erwin 28-27
Reynolds 31-13
Roberson 41-13
Cherokee 27-21
 

WNC_FridayNights

Redshirt
Aug 18, 2026
16
13
3
Asheville 35
East Rutherford 13

  • East Rutherford has been tough but this Asheville team is on a different level this year.

Enka 21
North Henderson 20

  • Beatty facing is old team right out of gate. Toss-up but I'll give the nod to the home team.

Erwin 21
West Henderson 28

  • Ingle is still at Erwin but I don't know what he has around him. West is usually very tough. New coach for the Falcons, I'll give them the nod.

Reynolds 35
Brevard 7

  • I see the ACR/Brevard game being a blowout. Brevard is nowhere near the team they were last year, not even close.

Roberson 40
Huss 20

  • This is the year for TCR. Best team in a long time.

Cherokee 13
North Buncombe 14

  • I don't see NB losing to Cherokee 2 years in a row.
 

kyleheel30

All-American
Sep 4, 2019
3,278
6,555
113
Huss can be dangerous. They can score but TC should be able to score a lot too.
 

Ahscougar

Sophomore
Aug 23, 2025
74
108
32
Does anybody know if Kaiden whiteside is playing for Asheville high? It seems like the status of western north Carolina’s biggest recruit would be a topic of conversation
 

spiderpig

Junior
Aug 25, 2007
248
201
43
Does anybody know if Kaiden whiteside is playing for Asheville high? It seems like the status of western north Carolina’s biggest recruit would be a topic of conversation
I have no clue when he will suit up, but looking forward to see him in person. With him on one side and Jams on the other...pick your poison
 

Goldendomer10

All-Conference
Oct 4, 2022
907
1,624
66
Asheville 35
ER 14

Enka 14
NH 24

Erwin 21
WH 28

ACR 24
Brevard 10

TCR 40
Huss 14

Cherokee 24
North Buncombe 12
 

Goldendomer10

All-Conference
Oct 4, 2022
907
1,624
66
Didn't know everyone's picking them 3rd or worse in their conference, still think Erwin finishes 4th at best top 3 teams in the MAC will all be pretty good.
I think ultimately Erwin dukes it out with Enka for 4th/5th, however, Reynolds is not close to their strongest this year either. I’ve watched them several times over the summer and they are very mouthy and undisciplined. I’m not calling them out, just an observation. If that doesn’t get fixed, I could see them losing a game or two, or letting less talented teams hang with them just due to mental mistakes and penalties. It’s something that can be corrected but definitely showed its head multiple times.
 
  • Like
Reactions: MHHS"12

beamer24

All-American
Jul 16, 2009
8,520
8,206
113
Is Asheville that much better this year or ER down or combo of both?
 

spiderpig

Junior
Aug 25, 2007
248
201
43
Asheville is better, with last year's group now being a year older, bigger and stronger. I thought ER had some weapons that are only going to get better. Unfortunately the Asheville D was down 2 starters. Hope they can return soon.
 

MHHS"12

Senior
Jun 5, 2023
878
894
56
Interested to see how Asheville and TC do against Watauga this year, I suspect both could make deep runs in 6a.
 
Last edited:
NC Preps

Latest

  1. 01 NC Preps G7 Football Player of the Week: Week 7
  2. 02 NC Preps Top Games to Watch: Week 7
  3. 03 NC Preps G7 Football Players of the Week: Week 6
  4. 04 High School Football 2028 3-star QB Ethan Esmailian transferring to Leesville Road (N.C.)
  5. 05 NC Preps Games to Watch in Week 6