Mac desktop not turning on

kjcba8101

Senior
Dec 9, 2007
2,259
606
0
Its time for me to sell this paperweight/boat anchor. However, it does not seem to want to turn on. It's always worked, and I bet I haven't used the thing a total of 30 times. It's hard for me to believe it just crapped out on me as its only 4 years old. Is there any good computer geeks in Tulsa?
 

EvilPOKES

Heisman
Apr 23, 2008
110,043
19,191
113
Could be as simple as a power supply problem. When you say it doesn't turn on, do you seen any kind of indicator lights when you attempt to power it on?

Edit:

I have since moved to Indiana from Tulsa, but if you do want to part with it, I can always use it for parts and tinkering if you're willing to ship.
 
Last edited:

kjcba8101

Senior
Dec 9, 2007
2,259
606
0
I don't see any lights when it comes on. It does nothing. I haven't had it plugged in for about 6 months. Worked fine last time I used it.
 

EvilPOKES

Heisman
Apr 23, 2008
110,043
19,191
113
Hmmmm, I'll do a little research when I get home for you. If it's faulty parts, good luck at finding inexpensive Mac products, but that's the nature of the game.

I'll see what I can find out.
 

EvilPOKES

Heisman
Apr 23, 2008
110,043
19,191
113
Everything I am finding is point towards one of two things:

The system merely needs to be power cycled OR,

Peripherals are interfering with start up.

To power cycle the machine, remove the power source and then hold the power button down to remove any remaining power from the capacitors. Plug back in and try.

Remove all plugged in peripherals and try to turn on.

Outside of those two, without seeing the system myself, I can't find much relevant material.

Let me know if you want to part ways with it.
 
O State Illustrated

Latest

  1. 01 O State Illustrated Football Takeaways from Oklahoma State’s 41-24 win over West Virginia
  2. 02 O State Illustrated Football Oklahoma State rolls West Virginia 41-24, win third straight
  3. 03 O State Illustrated Football OSI Staff Picks: Cowboys at Mountaineers
  4. 04 O State Illustrated Football Ask the Expert: Cummings on Oklahoma State at West Virginia
  5. 05 O State Illustrated Football Pop Warner to Boone Pickens: Mestemaker and Coleman's lifelong friendship