Listening to broadcast through IPhone

cowbell88

All-Conference
Jan 11, 2009
3,369
1,098
113
Why is “listen live” function in MState app now taking me to subscription page on Tune In radio app? It used to go right into broadcast and I could look at live stats at same time.

I have IPhone X and am running the latest operating system. Is this a money thing with the App (Learfield) or the new IOS version is not compatible with the current app?

I have a hard time subscribing to something that I can listen to for free on a radio, just to have convenience of listening with earbuds and not being in same room with radio.

Any ideas are appreciated.
 

TrueMaroonGrind

All-Conference
Jan 6, 2017
4,129
1,699
113
I listened to it yesterday through the app on my iPhone. You have to click the HailState plus button in the bottom menu. Then find the game in the list of content.
 

ronpolk

All-American
May 6, 2009
9,426
5,357
113
A lot of the radio stations that broadcast the game have live stream on their website. I listened to the game yesterday online through 106.3 in Jackson.
 

WrapItDog

Senior
Aug 23, 2012
4,336
791
113
A lot of the radio stations that broadcast the game have live stream on their website. I listened to the game yesterday online through 106.3 in Jackson.

I attempted to listen using hail state yesterday on my iphone and send what I thought would be an easy link my 83 year old dad could use to listen. That turned out to be a pain in the *** and no way my dad was going to figure out how to listen on hail state. I opted to go to Super Talk MS 100.9 and use their easy peasy listen live option.
 

cowbell88

All-Conference
Jan 11, 2009
3,369
1,098
113
Well, don’t I feel stupid. Don’t guess I have ever seen the HailState plus at bottom of app.

Thanks Dawgs.
 

TrueMaroonGrind

All-Conference
Jan 6, 2017
4,129
1,699
113
Well, don’t I feel stupid. Don’t guess I have ever seen the HailState plus at bottom of app.

Thanks Dawgs.
Don’t feel that way. Their user experience is broken. The MSU Radio Network link has a confusing placement. They should have a listen now button there instead to pull up the game stream. More people are pulling up the app to listen to the stream. Those who listen on radio already know the local station with the broadcast.

(Steps down off soapbox) Enjoy the game!
 
Maroon and White

Latest

  1. 01 Maroon and White Football "Learning Moments": Mississippi State HC Jeff Lebby speaks on rough outing for QB Kamario Taylor
  2. 02 Maroon and White Football "We let ourselves down": Isaac Smith and Anthony Evans III speak on Mississippi State's defeat to Alabama
  3. 03 Maroon and White Rapid Recap: No. 7 Alabama 56-23 No. 16 Mississippi State
  4. 04 Maroon and White Football Live Updates: Mississippi State vs. Alabama
  5. 05 Maroon and White Football Last Call: Week 5 Predictions for No. 16 Mississippi State vs. No. 7 Alabama