Lets talk PORTAL

Portal?

  • Hate it. Turn back the clock to the good ol days.

    Votes: 6 75.0%
  • Love it. It's America and everyone should be able to make a buck however they want

    Votes: 2 25.0%

  • Total voters
    8

falcettik

Senior
Nov 3, 2004
1,912
887
113
It has ruined college football. I understand not every young person's decision about where to go initially is correct so everyone should get one opportunity to transfer. Otherwise, that is life-decisions have consequences. I am old school so I think you attend college to get an education first and play sports second but I acknowledge not everyone feels that way. There is also something to be said about loyalty to those you make a commitment to, in this case, the team (coach movement is a similar, but different, issue). Lastly, I believe the portal has made it so much harder for a graduating senior to get a spot on a college roster so that they can develop (or not) into a sound player for their team.
 
  • Like
Reactions: gwb16 and CRF4Dan

CRF4Dan

All-Conference
Staff member
Dec 17, 2012
4,277
1,533
113
It has ruined college football. I understand not every young person's decision about where to go initially is correct so everyone should get one opportunity to transfer. Otherwise, that is life-decisions have consequences. I am old school so I think you attend college to get an education first and play sports second but I acknowledge not everyone feels that way. There is also something to be said about loyalty to those you make a commitment to, in this case, the team (coach movement is a similar, but different, issue). Lastly, I believe the portal has made it so much harder for a graduating senior to get a spot on a college roster so that they can develop (or not) into a sound player for their team.
Well said. There is some merit to being allowed to transfer but it has been abused to this point.
 

numb3rs2

Redshirt
Jan 14, 2026
16
9
3
I agree with one free transfer without sitting out a season. I would also grant free transfers if the head coach leaves or if the student-athlete has completed their bachelor's degree. The five years to complete four seasons of eligibility should be reestablished. If you're injured for two or more seasons, it's just unfortunate.
 
  • Like
Reactions: gwb16
VirginiaPreps

Latest

  1. 01 VirginiaPreps Strong 2nd Half Keys Lafayette Win
  2. 02 VirginiaPreps Episcopal stays undefeated with win over St Christopher's
  3. 03 VirginiaPreps Football Varina Falls To Grimsley 24-17 In OT!
  4. 04 High School Football Allow The St. James Academy (Va.) football to introduce themselves
  5. 05 High School Football High School Football: No. 1 IMG Academy beats The St. James Academy in nail biter