Let's talk Michigan vs. Northwestern...

CancunLive

Redshirt
Apr 10, 2015
131
2
0
The sun came out this morning, my mother still loves me, I'm still gainfully employed, and am in good health.

I'd like to see this game again without us spotting you guys 14 points. We're not a team that is designed to play from behind. But yesterday, we got down and you took it to us for every bit of 60 minutes and dominated every phase of the game.
Simple arithmetic allows us to easily come up with an answer to your postulate: UM would win 24-0 as there was no way NU was going to score against UM's D.

And here I though you Wildcats were supposed to be bright...
 

detroitjohn

Redshirt
Dec 20, 2001
5,209
7
0
I am trying to figure out how you guys lost to Utah. Impressive show on Saturday, to say the least.

Good luck the rest of the way. Enjoy the ride!
Mostly due to newness of QB and team to Harbaugh. This team has improved every damn week and I couldn't be prouder to be a Wolverine.
 
  • Like
Reactions: wychowca

shakes3858

All-Conference
Aug 28, 2009
22,143
1,079
0
Simple arithmetic allows us to easily come up with an answer to your postulate: UM would win 24-0 as there was no way NU was going to score against UM's D.

And here I though you Wildcats were supposed to be bright...
I hope we get better between now and December. There's a good chance of that seeing as we have a freshman QB playing. We missed a field goal, so that's 3 points. If the improved QB could get 2 TDs and not give you the ball with great field position, maybe we win 17-14 or something. KEYWORD OF THAT IS MAYBE. Anyway, good luck on the rest of the season. I'd rather get my *** whipped by the eventual champions rather than a team that loses to MSU and OSU and is an "also ran."
 

hollandnucat

Redshirt
Feb 4, 2009
360
27
28
I came into this thread knowing their would be Michigan fans talking smack after the victory. Yes, Michigan dominated the game but can the fan base show some class and let the game speak for itself...no. I am and will continually be very proud of our team. I know every fan base has this it just seems Michigan has a higher percentage.
 

goblue31602

Sophomore
Oct 7, 2003
99,069
134
0
I came into this thread knowing their would be Michigan fans talking smack after the victory. Yes, Michigan dominated the game but can the fan base show some class and let the game speak for itself...no. I am and will continually be very proud of our team. I know every fan base has this it just seems Michigan has a higher percentage.
It's a give and take, and it's an internet message board. Some fans (of NU and MSU) on here decided to talk trash about how bad NU was going to beat Michigan. It only makes sense that after the complete opposite happened, they get a little trash talking back at them, and get their predictions thrown in their face. If you're going to dish it, you better be prepared to take it.
 
  • Like
Reactions: wychowca

Hungry Jack

All-American
Nov 17, 2008
39,682
7,238
67
The UM faithful do strike me as a bit cult-like at times. But outside of that Bubba troll, it's been pretty civil here.
 

hollandnucat

Redshirt
Feb 4, 2009
360
27
28
Like i said every fan base has some..I can take it even though I personally did not dish it out. Making a prediction of the score on your own school message board is one thing...showing up on another schools board with useless trash talk is another. You have the right to be as classless as you wish.
 

goblue31602

Sophomore
Oct 7, 2003
99,069
134
0
Like i said every fan base has some..I can take it even though I personally did not dish it out. Making a prediction of the score on your own school message board is one thing...showing up on another schools board with useless trash talk is another. You have the right to be as classless as you wish.
Are you telling me you don't think shakes' post on the first page is trash talking? That was a bit more than a score prediction.
 
  • Like
Reactions: wychowca

Hungry Jack

All-American
Nov 17, 2008
39,682
7,238
67
Are you telling me you don't think shakes' post on the first page is trash talking? That was a bit more than a score prediction.
True, but it's not like he came to the UM boards and ran his mouth like a drunken dinner guest. There is a difference.

What people do and say in the privacy of their own homes is largely their business. As long as they keep their craziness out of my yard and, in general, in closed view, that's fine. There is a parallel here to posting on your own team's boards and doing it on some other fans' boards.

Also, you do not have to respond to trash talk here. You have a choice. You can also chose to ignore it, and engage with other posters with more moderate views. We have some real welcome regulars here whose loyalties reside with schools like OSU, Iowa, Wisky, and ILL. They make these boards better because they aren't dogmatic and they do not take things personally.

If you are going to play in some other fandom's internet sandbox, it's best to leave the ego back at Facebook.
 

shakes3858

All-Conference
Aug 28, 2009
22,143
1,079
0
Are you telling me you don't think shakes' post on the first page is trash talking? That was a bit more than a score prediction.
Yes, I was absolutely trash talking. Sometimes it's fun to talk trash so I did. Now the game is over, we've all flushed it and moved on. Focus on Michigan State, it'll be more fun than rubbing our nose in the beat down we got on Saturday. Michigan beat us in every aspect of the game. Be a classy guy, take the congratulations, and be on your way. Otherwise, you just seem like a big bully.
 

hollandnucat

Redshirt
Feb 4, 2009
360
27
28
Are you telling me you don't think shakes' post on the first page is trash talking? That was a bit more than a score prediction.
If you read my quote I clearly stated "I" did not talk trash. I also did not get on anyone for trash talking prior to the game but to continue to trash talk after we admit we got our butts kicked is just poor taste in my world.
 
Wildcat Report

Latest

  1. 01 Wildcat Report Behind Enemy Lines: Penn State
  2. 02 Wildcat Report Northwestern vs. Indiana PFF Grades Analysis
  3. 03 Wildcat Report Battered Northwestern secondary looks to bounce back vs. Penn State
  4. 04 Sports Predictions College football Polymarket predictions: Staples’ best trades of Week 5
  5. 05 On3 Football Senate passes Protect College Sports Act, sends bill to House