Let's quit denigrating our head coach and players

PirateDawg

Redshirt
Jan 9, 2020
1,751
0
0
I hate seeing the "Lemon Head", "Lemon Juice", etc. comments on here. I also hate seeing the players names and performances dragged through the mud. I understand that we have not played error free baseball and some players have struggled but that's no reason to act like school children by calling them names. You are not impressing anyone with your infantile behavior.
 

DoggieDaddy13

All-Conference
Dec 23, 2017
3,925
2,314
113
I hate seeing the "Lemon Head", "Lemon Juice", etc. comments on here. I also hate seeing the players names and performances dragged through the mud. I understand that we have not played error free baseball and some players have struggled but that's no reason to act like school children by calling them names. You are not impressing anyone with your infantile behavior.

It's a fact: Mean people suck!
 

PirateDawg

Redshirt
Jan 9, 2020
1,751
0
0
I don't mind when a player is mentioned for an error as long as it isn't a personal attack. Nobody is a bigger critic than the players themselves. We all know that they hear or read what is said about them on social media. Kamren James has a great arm and will be a great player for us. The coaches believe in him and want him to be successful but I've seen some of our "fans" come down really hard on him or the coach for playing him. Same goes for Forsythe lately.
 

Dawgg

Heisman
Sep 9, 2012
10,535
10,793
113
I don't mind when a player is mentioned for an error as long as it isn't a personal attack. Nobody is a bigger critic than the players themselves. We all know that they hear or read what is said about them on social media. Kamren James has a great arm and will be a great player for us. The coaches believe in him and want him to be successful but I've seen some of our "fans" come down really hard on him or the coach for playing him. Same goes for Forsythe lately.

Clearly, Forsythe reads the board. Only explanation for him swinging the bat recently.*
 

aTotal360

Heisman
Nov 12, 2009
22,491
16,187
113
I think the term is lame as well, but if it offends you that much, may I suggest staying away from the internet. I could think of a 1000 worse names to call him. It's pretty tame in grand scheme of things.
 
Feb 23, 2008
1,708
0
0
The name calling is childish indeed. However the criticism comes with the

territory of being an elite baseball program. Players and coaches alike should know that there's a certain expectation the fans have here. And trust me, you'd much rather have that than a sense of apathy surrounding a program. Can you imagine Bama fans if their QB throws 4 picks in a game? It doesn't make them terrible fans for being critical. It just means they expect more. I think it may be worse in our case just because the passion to succeed is also met with years of disappointment, that to be fair, has nothing to do with our current players or coaches. They can't help it previous teams choked away numerous opportunities for that elusive national title.
 
May 28, 2020
1,387
0
0
It's never going to stop, but the fans that come on here to tell us how terrible our players are shouldn't be surprised when we tell them they are ****** fans/people.

And yes attacking players makes you a ****** fan/person. It is remarkably dumb for two reasons: 1) Of course they want to play perfect baseball. 2) The only reason they are on the field is because they are the best at what they do, first by making the team, second by earning playing time. If you think we should have better players, that is a different discussion and not the fault of the guys on the field.

Generally, I don't mind the criticism of coaches. They are paid to win. But it is remarkably dumb to be critical of Lemonis based on the success he has had. He's only the most successful coach on campus leading the best program on campus.
 

Cooterpoot

Redshirt
Aug 29, 2012
4,239
2
0
If they don't want to catch it from fans, they should coach/play small college ball. And the personal attacks are bad, I agree. But this is SEC championship level ball. It's serious because it's our ONE sport we're a legit contender in. Bad defense and maybe a good half a lineup are reasons to complain. Bad pitching from unicorns is no good either. And the coach is who coined that term, so he's got to eat that now.
 

PirateDawg

Redshirt
Jan 9, 2020
1,751
0
0
I agree with everything you said. It is the name calling or misspelling names that I'm talking about. I can't imagine any sports board surviving without critical fan debates.
 

T-TownDawgg

All-Conference
Nov 4, 2015
4,800
4,905
113
Nah, just trying it to see what a poster gets out of namecalling. I got nothing.

I agree with what Pirate said. The only exceptions to namecalling in my opinion are:
Moorhead
Croom
Cardi B
Billy Brewer
Fourcade
MGK
Freeze
Clarion Liar
Marshall Henderson
Mstateglfr
Dawg61
Justin Bieber
Anthony Faucci
Florida-Georgia Line
Any politician
 

The Peeper

Heisman
Feb 26, 2008
16,663
12,356
113
If you "hate to see performances dragged through the mud" then you definitely need to just ease on over to Gene's Fantasy Page where nobody does wrong, isn't allowed to complain, and Unicorn farts are snorted to add to the euphoric feeling of being among like minded fans. As aTotal360 said you're at the "wrong board", this board exists because that one was run like a dictatorship or communist country where you played by party rules or were banned for infamy. .186 batting averages (that one is LAST IN THE SEC) and bone headed errors game after game by the same players are hot topics w/ a Top 10 baseball program, like it or not.
 

Dawgg

Heisman
Sep 9, 2012
10,535
10,793
113
All things being equal, I think there’s a big difference between:
“Swing the goddamned bat, _____!”
“______ is a liability at 3rd base.”

And

“________ is garbage.”
“________ is a piece of ****.”
 

NOATLDAWG

Redshirt
Dec 29, 2020
309
0
0
I remember the good ol' days of this board when posts like this only existed on SwanLake... A thread about name calling... How far we have fallen. (And for anyone that wants to say anything. I may have a new name but I have been here since Summer 2003.
 

goodknight

Sophomore
Jan 27, 2011
820
138
43
No place for name calling but it’s not a reasonable request or expectation that criticism of players for their PLAY not to occur. They’re all grown men and expectations are they should be performing at a high level. I’m sorry if they or their family members are offended but that’s what they signed up for. Do you really think any fan base isn’t going to complain when an athlete makes a mistake that cost a game. Right! Tell that to Bama football fans.
 

DoggieDaddy13

All-Conference
Dec 23, 2017
3,925
2,314
113
If you want to fill better about our mean spirited snark, you can check out the boards from the school up north. We are a kinder, gentler forum by comparison when it comes to roasting our own.
 

Lettucexxxx

All-Conference
Oct 16, 2012
4,562
1,047
113
e'erbody gets a trophy then

I remember the day my school changed from Conservative to Liberal.

It started with field day when the best athletes at the school were persecuted for being athletic. Instead of individual trophies for races, airplane contest, egg toss......we were divided into 4 colors of teams. No longer did you have individuals striving to be better than their peers...it was quite the opposite. You had individuals RELYING on 3/4 people on the blue team, to win them the trophy, without any participation other than being associated to said team, per color.

Fast forward 30 years....and this is the 17ing world we live in. The same people who would have won the individual awards are the same people still running ****....except now, the winners have to share with the dead weight. Why? Because we wear the same color shirt?

I don’t remember the slow learning kids being able to cheat off of the smart kids and get away with it.
*** backwards world we live in...where very few people can think for themselves. Always looking for that ringer to lead the way.
 
Maroon and White

Latest

  1. 01 Maroon and White Football Sunday Notebook: No. 24 Mississippi State 31-24 No. 19 Mizzou
  2. 02 Maroon and White Football Mississippi State's defense bends without breaking again
  3. 03 Maroon and White Mississippi State PFF Grades from 31-24 win over Mizzou
  4. 04 Maroon and White Football Mississippi State's Week 5 date with No. 8 Alabama set for early window
  5. 05 Maroon and White Fluff Bothwell finds a way in impact performance for Mississippi State