Let's have them

Uscg1984

All-Conference
Mar 9, 2006
2,727
3,544
113
I think we bounce back and make this one close - only to have the rug pulled out from under us at the end in some kind of Gamecockish way.

Bama - 34
Gamecocks - 31
 

18IsTheMan

Heisman
Oct 1, 2014
20,833
17,739
113
I really don't know. I wouldn't be shocked if we play inspired. Given our history, I wouldn't be absolutely stunned if we won. We beat #3 UGA in Athens in 2019 when he had a terrible team that later lost to App St at home. But I certainly cannot predict that.

Most likely scenario I think is that we lose handily: 34-15.

But a 31-28 kind of loss wouldn't surprise me.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Cockofdawn

Swifty

Junior
Jan 21, 2022
347
296
53
We should have beaten them the last two years. I don't think it's as close this year. I think this team has the talent to beat them for sure, but unless last Saturday provided the spark to wake the team up like the loss to Bama in '24 did... I think it is likely to be something like 40-24, but I could see as bad as 52-16 if things go sideways.
 

18IsTheMan

Heisman
Oct 1, 2014
20,833
17,739
113
We should have beaten them the last two years. I don't think it's as close this year. I think this team has the talent to beat them for sure, but unless last Saturday provided the spark to wake the team up like the loss to Bama in '24 did... I think it is likely to be something like 40-24, but I could see as bad as 52-16 if things go sideways.

I don't know if we SHOULD have beaten them last year, but we could have. 2024, yeah, we should have. We were rolling in the 2nd half and dominating, keeping Bama mostly off the field in the 3rd quarter. They were putting together a nice drive when we picked off a pass in the end zone while we were leading 19-14. If we had driven to score a TD, it would have made it 26-14 and probably iced the game. Even a FG would have made it an 8 point game. But, instead, Sellers fumbled it on the very next play. Bama scored 3 plays later, and that was that.
 

3USC1801

Joined Dec 10, 2020
Dec 10, 2020
1,290
3,481
113
We should have beaten them the last two years. I don't think it's as close this year. I think this team has the talent to beat them for sure, but unless last Saturday provided the spark to wake the team up like the loss to Bama in '24 did... I think it is likely to be something like 40-24, but I could see as bad as 52-16 if things go sideways.
I was thinking 41-24 (Bama) but would love to have @PrestonyteParrot’s optimism.
 

Piscis

All-Conference
Nov 30, 2001
25,832
3,423
113
17-14 gamecocks at the half

42-27 Bama final

We get 10 late garbage points after Bama puts in the subs.
 
Last edited:
  • Like
Reactions: Skuddy

3USC1801

Joined Dec 10, 2020
Dec 10, 2020
1,290
3,481
113
14-0 Gamecocks at the half.
35-14 Bama final.
I could see Carolina ahead at the half given the slow start by Alabama in their games. But Bama seems to catch fire in the second half while Carolina’s modus operandi has been to fade away after the half.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Rob Hawk

Rob Hawk

Freshman
Nov 15, 2019
110
87
28
14-10 Cocks at the half. 31-17 Tide rolls in the second half as we make no adjustments at halftime.
 

I4CtheFuture

All-Conference
Oct 5, 2024
1,618
1,599
113
Like the early ref call. Always a safe excuse
Reality. Not excuse.

They'll keep the flags in check early, but if it starts to look like Bama is in trouble, the bogus flags will come a'flyin' - against USC, of course. Never against the darlings. Especially not @ Bama. Been watching the same movie for 50 years. You pick up on things after a while.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Rob Hawk

Sandchigger

Freshman
Sep 30, 2023
121
54
28
Reality. Not excuse.

They'll keep the flags in check early, but if it starts to look like Bama is in trouble, the bogus flags will come a'flyin' - against USC, of course. Never against the darlings. Especially not @ Bama. Been watching the same movie for 50 years. You pick up on things after a while.
Okay Charlie Brown. Tell Lucy hello.
 

SouthernBelly

Senior
Sep 16, 2024
933
711
93
Going to do some solid fence riding here as I am torn between a narrow win or a not close loss.
If SC wins: 27 - 23
If Bama wins: 38 - 13
 

Sandchigger

Freshman
Sep 30, 2023
121
54
28
Ya'll figured out where the Ostarine came from yet?

Ostarine Cheatahs. Illegal pick play Cheatahs. Bought and paid for 81' Cheatahs.

Nothing you losers do is legit. Now piss off.
Who is yall losers?
i think i will hang around for awhile.
Still waiting for my fries.
 
GamecockCentral

Latest

  1. 01 GamecockCentral Football 10 takeaways from South Carolina's loss to Kentucky
  2. 02 GamecockCentral Football Sunday update on Shane Beamer, South Carolina football
  3. 03 GamecockCentral Football PFF Grades: South Carolina's Week 5 loss to Kentucky
  4. 04 GamecockCentral Football Sunday injury update on South Carolina DB Quay'Sheed Scott
  5. 05 GamecockCentral Football Everything Shane Beamer said during Sunday teleconference following Kentucky loss