Point taken, but there are 3 guys thereWell the game passed both of those guys by and they were “nudged “ into retirement. Same thing needs to happen with Cal .Both were superior coaches to Cal too .
Point taken, but there are 3 guys thereWell the game passed both of those guys by and they were “nudged “ into retirement. Same thing needs to happen with Cal .Both were superior coaches to Cal too .
Yeah, I agree, I was more talking about guys complaining about coaches yelling. Coaches have yelled since the begining of sportsThose coaches knew what they were yelling about. They prepared their teams to play.
All of today wasn't about Cal, some of the players quit on him, some kept playing.
The overall state of the program rests at Cal's feet but there is only so much blame we can lay on him for today's showing.
There are only a small handful. So again I don’t see the point in even calling them out. It’s the same few people. Why do you care about those last hanger ons? It’s not like getting 8-10 more on the train is suddenly going to push Cal out the door.There’s absolutely no sane defense at this point. None. If they’re truly standing 100% behind Cal, they’re cultists at this point.
One of the last of the holdout pumpers here.I can't believe he yells, he needs to be mold mannered like Rupp, Knight, K, were
Pumpers cause mold.Trying to figure out how you can be mold mannered
You diagnose my takes as supporting Cal. You realize someone can make a general comment without supporting or dissing a coach? I'm commenting on a coach yelling, any coach not Cal. I have many, many, issues with Cal, being mean to players isn't one. Some of you guys are effing obsessed over every post, are they taking up for Cal? I root for UK basketball and am not happy with the way it is going, but if you don't mind I can make comments without taking a stance FFSOne of the last of the holdout pumpers here.
I completely overlooked the K in that post . It always seemed like K was yelling at the referees to me .Point taken, but there are 3 guys there
He may have been yelling at opposing team playersI completely overlooked the K in that post . It always seemed like K was yelling at the referees to me .
I guarantee he did , sometimes.lolHe may have been yelling at opposing team players![]()
Take a bath, don't dry off, and then go to a dark cold corner of the house until Cal is gone. The "manner" in which you do this should produce mold.I'm still trying to figure out how to be mold-mannered
Clark Kent had the same problem (being mold mannered)Trying to figure out how you can be mold mannered
Our top guys are awesome. But I’ve been underwhelmed my many of the others. CJ for example.So you think a team that has the returning National Player of the Year, a lottery pick guard, the returning two time SEC assist leader and a whole bunch of former 5 star recruits just doesn’t have the talent to play better than this?
********. Look at the top of the rankings and you’ll see it’s littered with teams that, at least on paper, don’t have anything remotely near our talent level. Hell, look at Providence, they’re playing far better us being carried by a former UK player who was deemed not good enough to get playing time here last year. There’s no justifiable excuse for this roster to be playing so poorly.
No they aren't scared, they are tight and also mostly tune him out. And he is a very ****** evaluator of talent.Man I don’t know. I’ve had some scary *** coaches. I coach myself and sometimes I get hot. But cal isn’t intimidating in the least. At least not to me. Everyone says he scares the kids and I just don’t see it. I think maybe they just aren’t that good and maybe he’s ****** at talent evaluation
Losing Payne hurt way more than we thought. He was team psychologist. Losing robic hurt. He was the film doctor.No they aren't scared, they are tight and also mostly tune him out. And he is a very ****** evaluator of talent.
Robic hurt more than most assume.He had been with Calipari for a while.Not sure what happened as to why Cal didn't bring him back after Robic took time off or if Robic wanted to come back but the announcement that he wasn't coming back didn't sit well.Losing Payne hurt way more than we thought. He was team psychologist. Losing robic hurt. He was the film doctor.
I was thinking the same thing earlier. Payne would set there, smile and talk to the players in a soothing tone, after being chewed out by Cal. He calmed them down.Losing Payne hurt way more than we thought. He was team psychologist. Losing robic hurt. He was the film doctor.
Is Cal's problem (lack of) recruiting or locker room issues not yet known?It is time for Coach Calipari to retire. We all know the reasons. They have been stated and restated here for several years and don't need to be rehashed, except to say that all of it was on display again today in Tuscaloosa.
Until two years ago, I was always a patient supporter of Calipari. I took my family to UK basketball games in NY, Chicago, Indy, and Gainesville, so I had some skin in the game so to speak. I began to change my mind about Calipari when I noticed his players became more timid the more he yelled and screamed at them. This seemed to be lost on him. He is still a strong recruiter. So when it became obvious that his inability to cultivate team chemistry was keeping his teams from playing up to their talent level, I began to look more closely at rigid tactics like dribble-drive, questionable substitution methods, and stubborn refusal to play zone defense. For me, the nail in the coffin was when Calipari said he has bigger goals than winning championships. When you are being paid $9 million a year to win championships, but you can't win important games anymore, that is a reckless, unglued statement.
Today in Tuscaloosa, Calipari's team gave up on him. You can't expect to win important games when your team scores 50-60 points. There are a lot of pieces to this, and all of us know what they are by now. But the headline is that Calipari is an elite recruiter while simultaneously being a tyrant and an ineffective coach.
It is time for Calipari to retire. I am not saying he will do it. But the longer this goes on, the uglier it gets for everyone. At some point, UK will be forced to eat Calipari's buyout and fire him. Calipari will benefit financially, but his reputation and his career will be in the dumpster. If he wants to resurrect his coaching career, he needs to attempt it somewhere else because his welcome at UK is worn out.
Or his paycheck.You’re not going to steal his joy
Bobby Knight or coach Rupp he aintI can't believe he yells, he needs to be mold mannered like Rupp, Knight, K, were
He ain't coach K either, ot even closePoint taken, but there are 3 guys there
Again, who the hell said he was?Bobby Knight or coach Rupp he aint
Agree, but a few years late to reach that conclusion.It is time for Coach Calipari to retire. We all know the reasons. They have been stated and restated here for several years and don't need to be rehashed, except to say that all of it was on display again today in Tuscaloosa.
Until two years ago, I was always a patient supporter of Calipari. I took my family to UK basketball games in NY, Chicago, Indy, and Gainesville, so I had some skin in the game so to speak. I began to change my mind about Calipari when I noticed his players became more timid the more he yelled and screamed at them. This seemed to be lost on him. He is still a strong recruiter. So when it became obvious that his inability to cultivate team chemistry was keeping his teams from playing up to their talent level, I began to look more closely at rigid tactics like dribble-drive, questionable substitution methods, and stubborn refusal to play zone defense. For me, the nail in the coffin was when Calipari said he has bigger goals than winning championships. When you are being paid $9 million a year to win championships, but you can't win important games anymore, that is a reckless, unglued statement.
Today in Tuscaloosa, Calipari's team gave up on him. You can't expect to win important games when your team scores 50-60 points. There are a lot of pieces to this, and all of us know what they are by now. But the headline is that Calipari is an elite recruiter while simultaneously being a tyrant and an ineffective coach.
It is time for Calipari to retire. I am not saying he will do it. But the longer this goes on, the uglier it gets for everyone. At some point, UK will be forced to eat Calipari's buyout and fire him. Calipari will benefit financially, but his reputation and his career will be in the dumpster. If he wants to resurrect his coaching career, he needs to attempt it somewhere else because his welcome at UK is worn out.
It’s his choice when to retire You don’t get to decide for him.It is time for Coach Calipari to retire. We all know the reasons. They have been stated and restated here for several years and don't need to be rehashed, except to say that all of it was on display again today in Tuscaloosa.
Until two years ago, I was always a patient supporter of Calipari. I took my family to UK basketball games in NY, Chicago, Indy, and Gainesville, so I had some skin in the game so to speak. I began to change my mind about Calipari when I noticed his players became more timid the more he yelled and screamed at them. This seemed to be lost on him. He is still a strong recruiter. So when it became obvious that his inability to cultivate team chemistry was keeping his teams from playing up to their talent level, I began to look more closely at rigid tactics like dribble-drive, questionable substitution methods, and stubborn refusal to play zone defense. For me, the nail in the coffin was when Calipari said he has bigger goals than winning championships. When you are being paid $9 million a year to win championships, but you can't win important games anymore, that is a reckless, unglued statement.
Today in Tuscaloosa, Calipari's team gave up on him. You can't expect to win important games when your team scores 50-60 points. There are a lot of pieces to this, and all of us know what they are by now. But the headline is that Calipari is an elite recruiter while simultaneously being a tyrant and an ineffective coach.
It is time for Calipari to retire. I am not saying he will do it. But the longer this goes on, the uglier it gets for everyone. At some point, UK will be forced to eat Calipari's buyout and fire him. Calipari will benefit financially, but his reputation and his career will be in the dumpster. If he wants to resurrect his coaching career, he needs to attempt it somewhere else because his welcome at UK is worn out.
He's taking UK down with him.It's going to keep getting worse.It’s his choice when to retire You don’t get to decide for him.
KSR Football
More Evidence that the Kentucky Offensive Line is Dominant
On3 Football
Senate passes Protect College Sports Act, sends bill to House
KSR Volleyball
Watch Sunday NFL Countdown Break Down Kentucky Volleyball
KSR Basketball
Length will be Kentucky's strength on defense, but can the Wildcats use it properly?
KSR Basketball
Jerone Morton opens up on knee injury: 'Everything happens for a reason'