Leggett getting the start at 3rd today.

MStateU

All-Conference
Nov 15, 2009
1,077
2,307
113
Getting as many right handed batters as we can in lineup. Wind is blowing hard out to left.
 

Seinfeld

All-American
Nov 30, 2006
11,632
7,872
113
What is going on with Bednar? If he doesn’t get healthy fast and Cerantola has his usual control struggles, our weekend rotation suddenly becomes very hittable
 

missouridawg

Junior
Oct 6, 2009
9,407
309
83
What is going on with Bednar? If he doesn’t get healthy fast and Cerantola has his usual control struggles, our weekend rotation suddenly becomes very hittable

It’s not a crick in the neck, but it’s also not one of the dreaded things that sideline pitchers for a while. He’s got some discomfort and they’re taking it easy getting him back, is what I’ve been told.
 

MedDawg

All-Conference
May 29, 2001
5,548
1,107
113
Wind blowing out to left, I wondered if we should have put in the left handed

Wind was blowing hard to left, I think even I could have hit one out in that Jetstream.

batters when Tulane switched to a right handed pitcher. Maybe the right on right thing is worse statistically than taking advantage of the wind, I don't know. One of our lefties hit a long HR to right against the wind, so that worked out.

I understand switching pitchers to take advantage of the left on left/right on right thing at critical times and I understand about starting opposite hitters to reduce that advantage, but I don't know the stats for putting in opposite pinch hitters, especially if the one taken out is hitting well. It backfired on us yesterday as we put in a lefty pinch hitter to go against their right handed pitcher and then Tulane put in a left handed pitcher to pitch to him. Don't remember how that hitter did.

Either way, I of course trust the coaches more than what I think.
 
Maroon and White

Latest

  1. 01 Maroon and White Football Unpacking Mississippi State's offensive unraveling against Alabama
  2. 02 Maroon and White Football "Learning Moments": Mississippi State HC Jeff Lebby speaks on rough outing for QB Kamario Taylor
  3. 03 Maroon and White Football "We let ourselves down": Isaac Smith and Anthony Evans III speak on Mississippi State's defeat to Alabama
  4. 04 Maroon and White Rapid Recap: No. 7 Alabama 56-23 No. 16 Mississippi State
  5. 05 Maroon and White Football Live Updates: Mississippi State vs. Alabama