Learning a new language

Inky29

All-American
Jun 2, 2001
10,037
8,400
113
Curious if anyone has had any success learning a new language? If so did you go to a class or just self study? Thinking I might want to learn a new language.
 

EvilPOKES

Heisman
Apr 23, 2008
110,082
19,275
113
My wife and I have the unlimited Rosetta Stone (like 20+ languages). I just have to find the discipline to stick to it as I really would like to learn another language or two (Spanish and German possibly).
 

Inky29

All-American
Jun 2, 2001
10,037
8,400
113
I was thinking Spanish or French, are the Rosetta Stone program easy to use?
 
Nov 26, 2003
212
328
0
I’ve learned the basics of German & French via Duolingo.

I formally learned Spanish and Russian in school (but have forgotten much of both).

TBH, I’d replace the hours and hours spent in school with the app any day.
 

3SBennet1975

All-Conference
Dec 8, 2002
4,214
1,498
113
Curious if anyone has had any success learning a new language? If so did you go to a class or just self study? Thinking I might want to learn a new language.
My wife from Mexico, so over the years I have become better, it's mostly what we speak at home since the kids are grown. Always learning, the novelas, news, anything on TV helps. When you see a cat and think 'gato', you're getting there. It's when your brain sees English and constantly translates that makes for slow going. Go for it though, it is good to learn another culture and perspective along with the language.
 
O State Illustrated

Latest

  1. 01 O State Illustrated Football OSI Preview Week 6 | Oklahoma State vs. UCF
  2. 02 O State Illustrated Football Ask the Expert: UCF at Oklahoma State
  3. 03 Rivals Football Recruiting Oklahoma State hosting a few 2027 recruits, key flip targets, and coveted 2028 and 2029 quarterbacks for UCF game
  4. 04 Rivals Football Recruiting Arkansas, Florida, Kentucky, Ohio State, Oregon, Oklahoma State, Nebraska host elite recruits, blue-chip QBs, flip targets in loaded Week 6 slate
  5. 05 O State Illustrated Football Oklahoma State will lean heavy on the receiving core against UCF