Leading Scorer?

Who leads the team in scoring?


  • Total voters
    0

UK2005_24

Senior
May 31, 2004
3,301
731
0
Just for fun, so who you predict to lead the CATS in scoring for 2018-19?? I'm going with Herro with PJ right behind him..
 
Last edited:

BlueBomb

Heisman
Apr 3, 2009
10,872
20,278
103
Travis will pick up a lot of garbage buckets and shoot a lot of free throws. I don't think he'll be the leading scorer -- but in the ball park.
 
  • Like
Reactions: BassProCat and JC43

Son_Of_Saul

Hall of Famer
Dec 7, 2007
45,976
102,246
113
Travis or Johnson just because they'll both get the most touches on offense.


I foresee something like this:

Travis - 12ppg
Johnson - 12ppg
Washington - 11ppg
Green - 11ppg
Montgomery - 9ppg
Herro - 8ppg
Richards - 7ppg
Quickley - 6ppg
Hagans - 6ppg
Baker - 2ppg
 

revcort

Heisman
Feb 20, 2003
32,522
30,904
113
I think I would remove Montgomery and add in Quade Green as a possibility. I wouldn't be surprised to see this team have a different player lead them in scoring almost every night to begin the season. I love the scoring potential of this group. Any one of them could go off for 20+ on a given night.
 

CatsPaws270

Heisman
Dec 7, 2015
25,363
66,278
113
PJ Washington

Last year he was pretty dominant in the post....and considering he was paired with Vanderbilt/Richards/SKJ most of the time....and on a team void of 3-point shooting...he was pretty impressive.

Now he's a year older and stronger...and better. He has more help around him in the post and a lot of perimeter options too. If he can improve on his free-throw shooting...his ability to draw fouls will get him a lot of opportunities at the line.
 

jrpross_rivals

Heisman
Feb 21, 2008
17,581
36,179
113
Travis or Johnson just because they'll both get the most touches on offense.


I foresee something like this:

Travis - 12ppg
Johnson - 12ppg
Washington - 11ppg
Green - 11ppg
Montgomery - 9ppg
Herro - 8ppg
Richards - 7ppg
Quickley - 6ppg
Hagans - 6ppg
Baker - 2ppg
I agree with the order and I do think it will be very balanced but I think someone will establish themselves as a bit of a go-to guy by the end of the season. My guess is either Johnson or Travis leads the team at 14-15ish per game.
 

Mike-D

Heisman
Jul 14, 2001
50,478
75,713
113
Travis or Johnson just because they'll both get the most touches on offense.


I foresee something like this:

Travis - 12ppg
Johnson - 12ppg
Washington - 11ppg
Green - 11ppg
Montgomery - 9ppg
Herro - 8ppg
Richards - 7ppg
Quickley - 6ppg
Hagans - 6ppg
Baker - 2ppg

Herro’s gonna have more than 8. He’s the most offensively gifted dude on the team.
 

HerrosHeroes

Heisman
Aug 16, 2018
27,234
38,040
0
It will be Herro. Tyler is the only player that will consistenly score in transition, mid range, ft line and from three.
 
  • Like
Reactions: UK2005_24
Jan 14, 2003
1,521
155
0
Tough one, cause I see several guys averaging around the same ppg. I voted PJ just because I think he'll log the most minutes. Keldon might log the 2nd most. Think Herro is the best "scorer" though.
 

bcox13

Senior
Apr 23, 2009
4,488
944
71
PJ will shoot a ton a free throws. If he shoots %70+ from the stripe I think he will lead team in scoring.
 

CELTICAT

Heisman
May 21, 2002
19,399
19,345
113
Wouldn't be surprised at all if we play Herro as a scoring sixth man, and he leads the team a la Morris Peterson at Michigan St back in the day.
 
  • Like
Reactions: UK2005_24

Son_Of_Saul

Hall of Famer
Dec 7, 2007
45,976
102,246
113
Herro’s gonna have more than 8. He’s the most offensively gifted dude on the team.

8 to 10 a game. I look at him having a Derek Anderson-type impact. Anderson averaged around 9 or 10 a game, but was capable of 20/game if needed. Herro is in the same ball park. UK won't need him to score 15+ a game because of all the weapons in the team. Green, PJ, Travis, Montgomery, KJ - all of those guys will get to eat when it comes to scoring.
 
KSR

Latest

  1. 01 KSR Basketball Mo Williams confident in Kentucky backcourt, but ready to see how they handle bright lights
  2. 02 KSR Basketball Recruiting 7-5 center Cherif Millogo arrives for surprise official visit to Kentucky
  3. 03 KSR Podcasts 11 Personnel: Luckett's Play Sheet vs. LSU
  4. 04 KSR Basketball Nate Oats believes Brandon Garrison is 'maybe the best passing big I've ever coached'
  5. 05 KSR Football Kentucky vs. No. 10 LSU: National Media Takes