Landon Jordan

WutheringDawg

All-Conference
Dec 4, 2010
2,198
1,154
113
24/7 says that Jordan has opted to leave the team so that answers the question about his absence from the dugout.
 
Dec 3, 2008
4,034
379
83
If he wants to leave not sure why he’s doing it now. Why not wait until the end of the season and transfer? He would’ve made the travel roster and gotten some reps. Maybe won his starting job back. Leaving now doesn’t help him at all. Maybe he was that mad though.
 

msstate7

Redshirt
Nov 27, 2008
10,388
10
38
If he wants to leave not sure why he’s doing it now. Why not wait until the end of the season and transfer? He would’ve made the travel roster and gotten some reps. Maybe won his starting job back. Leaving now doesn’t help him at all. Maybe he was that mad though.

Losing a capable player really hurts our depth, but losing that type of attitude might help
 

smurphdawg

Freshman
May 5, 2016
129
61
21
This is disappointing as I think he has looked about as good as anybody not named Tanner Allen or Kam James at the plate so far. I get that you have to keep James’s bat in the lineup, and Forsythe has been a pleasant surprise. Maybe his defense in left is not good enough to supplant McGowan? I would have tried him there though. Also, save this last comment because I want it to be thrown back in my face when I’m proven wrong at the end of the year: I am not impressed with Hatcher’s progress as a hitter and would also have given Jordan a shot at first.
 

Russ Wheeler

Redshirt
Aug 3, 2020
2,430
0
0
If he wants to leave not sure why he’s doing it now. Why not wait until the end of the season and transfer? He would’ve made the travel roster and gotten some reps. Maybe won his starting job back. Leaving now doesn’t help him at all. Maybe he was that mad though.
Yep obviously he made an emotional decision. There's nowhere else to go right now that will help him develop as a baseball player. Best to just play out this season, get practice reps and go somewhere else next year. Or possibly start at 2B next year?

This move makes no sense for him.
 

8dog

All-American
Feb 23, 2008
15,094
7,322
113
Id be mad too if i got benched bc of someone elses poor glove. But yeah, leaving now doesnt make sense
 

Russ Wheeler

Redshirt
Aug 3, 2020
2,430
0
0
Id be mad too if i got benched bc of someone elses poor glove. But yeah, leaving now doesnt make sense
He got benched because of someone else's hot bat. Not sure how you can interpret it the way you did, but whatever.
 

8dog

All-American
Feb 23, 2008
15,094
7,322
113
He got benched bc we had to move James to
3rd bc he couldnt handle SS.
 

Choctaw Dawg

Junior
May 21, 2017
594
304
63
At some point you just get burned out playing baseball, he started his freshman year in 2019 and got benched as the season went along not because of his play but some one elses and it happened again this year. I guess he finally got frustrated and decided that was it. Sounds to me like he is quitting the sport and not planning to transfer anywhere else.
 

maroonmadman

Senior
Nov 7, 2010
2,530
853
113
If he's throwing this big of a hissy fit over being benched for a few games then we are probably better off that he leaves. Guys like that can be toxic to the teams moral. Good luck to him.
 

G-Dawg

Sophomore
Sep 6, 2012
1,190
107
63
I agree. If your first instinct after losing your starting job is to quit and transfer, then don't let the doorknob hit you where the Good Lord split you.

How about working hard and waiting on your next opportunity?? Someone could get hurt, go in a slump, get COVID (hopefully not), or anything. Just shows his mental makeup if you ask me.
 

msudawg200

Junior
Feb 1, 2012
568
326
63
Geez, a lot of baseless assumptions being made here. I’m not saying you’re wrong because I don’t know, but I’ve also not seen anything that suggests you’re right other than circumstances only.
 

Xenomorph

Heisman
Feb 15, 2007
16,116
10,648
113
People do all sorts of things for different reasons. I don’t think we have any idea why he left the team. If he’s ready to be done playing baseball at MSU let’s wish him well and move on.
 

G-Dawg

Sophomore
Sep 6, 2012
1,190
107
63
Geez, a lot of baseless assumptions being made here. I’m not saying you’re wrong because I don’t know, but I’ve also not seen anything that suggests you’re right other than circumstances only.

You correctly pointed out that "I'm not saying you're wrong because I don't know" but in the same breath say "I've not seen anything that suggest you're right". Nor did I say "this is what I've heard". This is all speculation and opinion. So why the need to point out that I might be wrong? I knew that the moment I typed it that it might be wrong.

I don't get these people who quickly wanna jump to defend someone who doesn't need defending. If Landon Jordan wants to come on here and tell us what happened and that I'm wrong, good for him. Hold your fire.
 

was21

Senior
May 29, 2007
10,002
635
113
Probably lack of playing time. If that's what it is it has nothing to do with attitude. They all want more playing time. He will probably transfer to USM and have a good career...good for him if so. If it's something else, then he's gone anyway and no need to diss him
 

paindonthurt_

All-Conference
Jun 27, 2009
9,528
2,046
113
I mean that’s hard to say “nothing to do with attitude”.

Maybe there is a good reason I don’t know but I don’t understand leaving midseason.

Play the season. Transfer.

But quitting midseason seems like some sort of an attitude issue.
 

maroonmania

All-Conference
Feb 23, 2008
11,354
1,143
113
Probably lack of playing time. If that's what it is it has nothing to do with attitude. They all want more playing time. He will probably transfer to USM and have a good career...good for him if so. If it's something else, then he's gone anyway and no need to diss him

Well the best way to GUARANTEE no playing time is by quitting. He can't transfer during the middle of the year and to quit on his teammates 15 games into the year is a crap move. Lots of things could happen that would have put him right back into the starting lineup like if there is an injury or if the current batting or fielding lineup doesn't produce. Just really disappointed with him quitting now unless he has just somehow decided he doesn't want to play baseball at all any longer.
 
Dec 3, 2008
4,034
379
83
He got benched because of someone else's hot bat. Not sure how you can interpret it the way you did, but whatever.

When he got benched for James, he had a higher batting average and on base percentage than him.

It was 100% James poor play in the field that got Jordan benched.

James obviously has more potential at the plate, specifically with power, but at the time of his benching Jordan was outperforming him in all aspects.
 

maroonmania

All-Conference
Feb 23, 2008
11,354
1,143
113
When he got benched for James, he had a higher batting average and on base percentage than him.

It was 100% James poor play in the field that got Jordan benched.

James obviously has more potential at the plate, specifically with power, but at the time of his benching Jordan was outperforming him in all aspects.

Well, they basically had the same batting average (both currently at .281), but KJames has a slugging % over 200 points higher than Jordan. in fact, James has the highest slugging % of any of the regulars on the team by a pretty decent margin. Don't see how you can make the decision to bench him over LJ when he has more range at 3rd base than Jordan unless James starts making lots of errors at 3rd like he did at SS. So far that hasn't happened.
 
Maroon and White

Latest

  1. 01 Maroon and White Football Mississippi State Keys to Victory against Alabama
  2. 02 Maroon and White No. 16 Mississippi State vs. No. 7 Alabama: How, where and when to watch the Bulldogs
  3. 03 Maroon and White Mississippi State Soccer preps for No. 11 South Carolina
  4. 04 Maroon and White Football Mississippi State's Zakari Tillman Out vs. Alabama
  5. 05 Maroon and White Football Will Mississippi State's secondary be the difference on Saturday?