Lake Show Transfer News

KramerCat91

Freshman
Oct 18, 2007
1,657
61
38
Are we looking for another goalie? I think for the last 2 years the starting goalies were transfers.
 

Zazzy

Junior
Aug 21, 2009
397
259
63
I think we have a recruit goalie too.
Will be interesting as goalies are critical.
 

cats1967

Redshirt
Oct 3, 2004
93
0
5
The incoming goalie is from New Trier. I understand - not first hand - that she has been committed since sophomore year.
 

BarefootCat

Junior
Apr 4, 2017
1,419
260
83
The incoming goalie is from New Trier. I understand - not first hand - that she has been committed since sophomore year.

Lacrosse recruits can only commit after Labor Day (early Sept) of their Junior year. Megan Gallagher, New Trier Goalie, committed on Sept 13, 2024 and graduated high school this year. Welcome aboard Megan!
 
Last edited:
  • Like
Reactions: Purple Pete

jensberg

Sophomore
Jul 28, 2006
3,083
183
63
I know most people think ratings mean nothing, I was surprised to see that Inside Lacrosse ranks our women's lacrosse recruiting class number 35 in the nation, that's surprisingly low
 

winnetkat

Freshman
May 29, 2001
29
50
13
I know most people think ratings mean nothing, I was surprised to see that Inside Lacrosse ranks our women's lacrosse recruiting class number 35 in the nation, that's surprisingly low
Kelly Amonte Hiller and IL recruiting gurus have never seemed to value exactly the same things. It's worked out ok, so I'll trust her on what seems to be working! Our increased reliance on the portal (which also seems to be going ok) means fewer spots for incoming frosh, as well.

What with recent 5-for-5 developments, there's a possibility that Maddie Taylor could return for a fifth year. She played immediately as a freshman. She was the #1 draft pick of the California Palms in the new pro league, but unlike all her top senior peers has not actually played any professional lacrosse, despite leading the US World LAX Women's Championship-winning team with 16 goals in that tournament (so she wasn't out due to injury). Perhaps she and Northwestern were just thinking way, way, way ahead in the NIL game?
 
Last edited:

BarefootCat

Junior
Apr 4, 2017
1,419
260
83
Kelly Amonte Hiller and IL recruiting gurus have never seemed to value exactly the same things. It's worked out ok, so I'll trust her on what seems to be working! Our increased reliance on the portal (which also seems to be going ok) means fewer spots for incoming frosh, as well.

What with recent 5-for-5 developments, there's a possibility that Maddie Taylor could return for a fifth year. She played immediately as a freshman. She was the #1 draft pick of the California Palms in the new pro league, but unlike all her top senior peers has not actually played any professional lacrosse, despite leading the US World LAX Women's Championship-winning team with 16 goals in that tournament (so she wasn't out due to injury). Perhaps she and Northwestern were just thinking way, way, way ahead in the NIL game?

I know T-Time would love to come back for a 5th year if there is a path...
 

Zazzy

Junior
Aug 21, 2009
397
259
63
Goalie will be the big unknown. Lots of good returnees from our national championships team otherwise.
 
Wildcat Report

Latest

  1. 01 College Football Playoff College Football Playoff prediction: Alabama rises after road win, Northwestern enters the bracket
  2. 02 Wildcat Report Northwestern vs. Penn State PFF Snap Counts Analysis
  3. 03 Wildcat Report Takeaways: Northwestern couldn't dream of a better win over Penn State
  4. 04 On3 Football Northwestern's new era: Inside the first game at New Ryan Field
  5. 05 Wildcat Report Northwestern opens Ryan Field by running over Penn State, 34-13