The only time I've seen LaMelo play in person was at the City Of Palms Tournament in December 2015. At the time the kid was maybe 5-foot-10 and 140 pounds but he was already better than LiAngelo. I thought the kid was really good at facilitating, but because of his slight size and strength he couldn't finish through traffic at the rim.Russ, after reading the article, you know it's going to be asked. What's your opinion of the next Ball kid (LaMelo)?
Worthy of the 5 stars? Can he be as good as his brother? Is he a more well-rounded player?
His father is a total ***.The only time I've seen LaMelo play in person was at the City Of Palms Tournament in December 2015. At the time the kid was maybe 5-foot-10 and 140 pounds but he was already better than LiAngelo. I thought the kid was really good at facilitating, but because of his slight size and strength he couldn't finish through traffic at the rim.
Fast forward to today and he's 6-foot-3 but still on the thin side at about 155-pounds. He's better at finishing through traffic and is still a good facilitator (something most people do not give him credit for). Due to "daddy ball" he's able to chuck up shots pretty much at will, but make no mistake...this kid is very, very, VERY good.
It is easy to be annoyed at the kid because of his father's antics, but I tune that out.
The Knight Report
Greg Schiano Presser Recap + Early Thoughts on Indiana - TKR Pod
The Knight Report
Four-Star Forward Brandon Woodard commits to Rutgers Basketball
The Knight Report
Rutgers Wrestling's Newest Star Anthony Knox Addresses His Past and Looks Ahead
The Knight Report
Full 2026-27 Rutgers Wrestling Schedule Released
The Knight Report
Rutgers Football HC Greg Schiano talks Indiana game week