Yeah, when we moved to Montana, mom and pop burger places would ask if we wanted any fry sauce with our fries. I was like "uh, if you mean ketchup, yes."There was some on the table in a diner I ate at last night (seriously),,,,they called it "fry sauce".
I grew up in NC and we'd travel to SC for the games and somewhere along the way I got hooked on the mustard based bbq sauce....sorta. I'll make my low and slow pork butts over real charcoal, then I pull it and add just enough Scott's BBQ sauce, combined with some other juices that you'd never imagine would be good with it....IE: cranberry juice, orange juice, and a few other things I can't recall at the moment.Oh, well there's the problem. If you extrapolate this to bbq sauces we've been getting it wrong all along. This is primarily a mustard-based bbq state and it's ours, especially in the midlands. Next criteria for a coach is simply this - do you prefer mustard based bbq sauce to all else? If yes the interview process may continue; if not, drive off a cliff. FTR this would be no worse than the initial thought that got Shane Beamer attention from one of our BoT members.
In France, where French fries were invented, they use mayonnaise.Yeah, when we moved to Montana, mom and pop burger places would ask if we wanted any fry sauce with our fries. I was like "uh, if you mean ketchup, yes."
In France, where French fries were invented, they use mayonnaise.
Good one.That's because it's the same color as their flag.
I can see that being good, it adds some tangy in there.I grew up in NC and we'd travel to SC for the games and somewhere along the way I got hooked on the mustard based bbq sauce....sorta. I'll make my low and slow pork butts over real charcoal, then I pull it and add just enough Scott's BBQ sauce, combined with some other juices that you'd never imagine would be good with it....IE: cranberry juice, orange juice, and a few other things I can't recall at the moment.
It sounds nasty, but the sweet and tart of the juices cuts the heat and spicy of the Scotts just enough that's it perfect. Anyway, I just drizzle a little bit on the pulled pork to keep the meat more moist than it would normally be. Then throw some of that meat on a bun and drizzle some of the yellow mustard sauce on top.... man alive it's awesome!!!!!
But Shane REALLY wants to be here. This is his dream job.Oh, well there's the problem. If you extrapolate this to bbq sauces we've been getting it wrong all along. This is primarily a mustard-based bbq state and it's ours, especially in the midlands. Next criteria for a coach is simply this - do you prefer mustard based bbq sauce to all else? If yes the interview process may continue; if not, drive off a cliff. FTR this would be no worse than the initial thought that got Shane Beamer attention from one of our BoT members.
Yeah, they get a lot of things wrong over there.In France, where French fries were invented, they use mayonnaise.
I marinade mule deer venison in orange juice to make it almost as tasty was whitetail, so it wouldn't surprise me that it improves other meats as well. I will have to try combining some juices to yellow BBQ sauce.combined with some other juices that you'd never imagine would be good with it....IE: cranberry juice, orange juice, and a few other things I can't recall at the moment.
It sounds nasty,
No.....no no... let's stop this right here in it's tracks. Lol. (I am sure your mule deer is great but we're talking about pork BBQ here ....and a very specific mixture of stuff) I can see the BBQ police coming to my door any moment, so let me clarify my post....I marinade mule deer venison in orange juice to make it almost as tasty was whitetail, so it wouldn't surprise me that it improves other meats as well. I will have to try combining some juices to yellow BBQ sauce.




oh my my. a thing of beautyNo.....no no... let's stop this right here in it's tracks. Lol. (I am sure your mule deer is great but we're talking about pork BBQ here ....and a very specific mixture of stuff) I can see the BBQ police coming to my door any moment, so let me clarify my post....
Pictured below is the "base" sauce I'm talking about. It's quite potent and strong for BBQ pulled pork imho. It's got some heat to it. It's red, and very liquid. It's not thick.
You basically cut this with some straight cranberry juice - (not low fat, heart healthy, cran-apple, none of that crap.....straight cranberry juice + a little orange juice, no pulp, and a little soy sauce. I will not give out exact measurements -)
But yeah, you cut it. - Then, when the pork is all chopped / pulled and you've got it in a container of some sort - you VERY LIGHTLY drizzle this sauce into the meat, stopping to hand mix it up and a few taste tests along the way. Once you have it mixed into the BBQ, you should not see ANY leftover "sauce" in the pan. It should not be drowning in the sauce in other words. It's just a tiny little drizzle to mix into the meat to keep it more moist than it would otherwise be.
*THEN* - if you want a "hotter" sandwich, I take some of the raw Scotts and drizzle a little bit on one side of a bun, put the BBQ on top, then a little drizzle of any yellow mustard you want on top of the BBQ.
This is my setup. Smoker is massive and I can do 8 pork butts in 1 go.... or roughly 80 lbs in one overnight shot. 4 on the bottom, and 4 more stacked on top of the lower 4. But that requires some rotation that I'm not fond of, but it can be done. I usually stick to 2 or 3 butts, slathered with mustard and a little coat of salt and pepper and that's it. No injections, etc. Cook temp anywhere from 225 - 250 - if it starts creeping up to 275, I kinda stop that in it's tracks. Once my smoker gets settled in on a temp.....it will stay there as long as I have fuel. I've done cooks on this smoker in rain, sleet, snow, even a hurricane. It didn't budge on the temps.That's a pizza hut pizza pan that I set them on, btw. The holes allow for smoke penetration in the first 4 hours of the cook.
In a pinch, you can even "cheat" and take them off the smoker after 4 hrs and pop them right in the oven to finish them. (Will take a while though, but the smoke phase has been accomplished after the first 4 hours) Sometimes I cheat, sometimes I don't. Just depends on sleep / weather timing. Either way, it's a "next day" meal. I usually start the grill around 11pm and try to have them on by midnight.....get the temp dialed in by 1 am, and then I sleep and don't worry about it. (Although I do have an alarm but I've never needed it.) Next day, open up the grill and you've got what is shown below. Too much info I know but....I've come this far, may as well post it.
View attachment 1452883
View attachment 1452885
View attachment 1452886
View attachment 1452844
What's wrong with French fries?Yeah, they get a lot of things wrong over there.![]()
Oh I remember that Heinz ketchup commercial featuring Brad Scott, lol
Me too. It had a little twang. Circa Carolina Pride's kid building a bird house.Oh I remember that Heinz ketchup commercial featuring Brad Scott, lol
Lol, it's not diamond encrusted. It's just black tile and white grout.Hey 14C, I like your diamond encrusted Egg.
Noice. Looks like a Komodo for reals. Ive got a Kansas homegrown made smoker.Lol, it's not diamond encrusted. It's just black tile and white grout.
Here's a link if you wanna see more. (Essentially same product) (Different Manufacturer than mine) - Yes, they're insanely expensive but you're only buying it once. - Lifetime. Solid. I mean, really solid.https://komodokamado.com/collections/23-ultimate

Scott's is some of the best sauce I've ever had.I grew up in NC and we'd travel to SC for the games and somewhere along the way I got hooked on the mustard based bbq sauce....sorta. I'll make my low and slow pork butts over real charcoal, then I pull it and add just enough Scott's BBQ sauce, combined with some other juices that you'd never imagine would be good with it....IE: cranberry juice, orange juice, and a few other things I can't recall at the moment.
It sounds nasty, but the sweet and tart of the juices cuts the heat and spicy of the Scotts just enough that's it perfect. Anyway, I just drizzle a little bit on the pulled pork to keep the meat more moist than it would normally be. Then throw some of that meat on a bun and drizzle some of the yellow mustard sauce on top.... man alive it's awesome!!!!!
GamecockCentral Football
Sunday update on Shane Beamer, South Carolina football
On3 Football
Hot seat intel: Where things stand at South Carolina, TCU & more
GamecockCentral Football
Inside the snap count: South Carolina vs. Kentucky
GamecockCentral Football
Shane Beamer's thought process behind two failed fourth-down play calls in Kentucky loss
GamecockCentral Football
PFF Grades: South Carolina's Week 5 loss to Kentucky