Jimmy V's speech ...

R

Rabid

Guest
Is just as powerful today as it was in 1993.

It shows how important it is to live life with purpose and passion.
 

BigMotherTucker

Sophomore
Aug 20, 2006
6,805
199
63
<span><embed height="355" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" src="http://www.youtube.com/v/HuoVM9nm42E?f=videos&app=youtube_gdata" wmode="transparent" allowScriptAccess="never" ></embed></span>

/not hard
 

jackstefano

Redshirt
Dec 28, 2007
2,368
0
0
when you're about to die. Everything's simplified then. I appreciate his speech because it's helped raise a lot of money for something important, but it's practically impossible to implement those principles on a daily basis because we all have delusions of immortal grandeur.
 
R

Rabid

Guest
However, depending on how you look at it, we're all about to die. It's just a matter of time. The question is how do we live in the meantime.

Jimmy V lived with passion long before that moment was imminent. I don't ever remember seeing a coach more excited to win a national championship.

Maybe it's just me, but I find his story inspirational.
 

dawgstudent

Heisman
Apr 15, 2003
40,473
22,014
113
cameraman to basically eat **** when he said he had 30 seconds left. I laugh at that everytime.
 

Mjoelner

All-Conference
Sep 2, 2006
2,727
1,209
113
If he picks someone else that day then I'll cry. In either case, I'll go drink beer afterward.

I'll never forget watching Jimmy V crawling on the floor up and down the bench during one game I watched. Not only was he the coach, he was the biggest fan there.
 

draftking

Redshirt
Mar 3, 2008
8
0
0
Great video, that speech is one of the all-time greats. There's an odd-looking shot of Chris Berman at the 2:54 mark though which I hadn't noticed before.
 
Maroon and White

Latest

  1. 01 Maroon and White Football Jett Jefferson's early impact elevating Mississippi State secondary
  2. 02 Maroon and White Football "I gotta give it all I got": Mississippi State WR Anthony Evans III on crucial 4th quarter catch
  3. 03 Maroon and White Football Points of Focus from Mississippi State HC Jeff Lebby heading into Week 5
  4. 04 Rivals Football Recruiting Wiltfong Whiparound: Mega prediction for Kentucky; Auburn, Florida, Georgia, Mississippi State all made big recruiting moves in week four
  5. 05 Maroon and White Football Sunday Notebook: No. 24 Mississippi State 31-24 No. 19 Mizzou