Jim Thoman! You will be missed RIP

rgamecock1

Freshman
Apr 19, 2003
46
62
18
I am going to keep this short. Yes, I agree with Ray Tanner, and all the former USC baseball players USC would not have had the run they had without Jim Thoman. What a baseball coach, recruiter, father and yes, his love for South Carolina baseball. I had a Georgia fan tell me a long time ago that Jim Thoman was the driving force for South Carolina baseball, without him USC would never have had the success they had in making South Carolina a blue blood baseball program, even with the recent bad years we had. I remember talking to coach Toman maybe 5 years ago at Founders Park and I told him that I wished USC would bring him back to be part of the baseball program. I do not know the inside story of why that never happened, but I told Coach Toman we really missed him. Why the administration did not pursue bringing him back is probably one question I will never get answered. We all know about politics and sometimes the political side is a road not to go down.

Thank you coach Toman for coming to USC and being a lifetime Gamecock! You are already missed. RIP and GOD BLESS!
 
  • Like
Reactions: Forkcock and Skuddy

Beamercock1

Garnet Trust Supporter
Jan 31, 2022
231
484
63
I met Coach when he was recruiting my son. Even after my son was at ISC Coach always had time to speak time to talk. What a great person and coach. All the young men love Coach Toman and respected him. He and Coach Myers were my favorites Rip Coach the baseball team up there just got a great coach and revruiter
 
GamecockCentral

Latest

  1. 01 GamecockCentral Football Recruiting Keeping up with South Carolina commitments: week 6
  2. 02 GamecockCentral Baseball Notes and takeaways from Kevin Schnall previewing fall baseball practice
  3. 03 On3 Football SEC, South Carolina announce joint one-game suspension of Dylan Stewart
  4. 04 GamecockCentral Football Grading the Gamecocks' performance in blowout loss at Alabama
  5. 05 GamecockCentral Football South Carolina falls again in FPI standings after lopsided loss to Alabama