Some say it's the best since they can remember, some say it's the worst. Probably depends on your answer to the Colorado thread earlier... I know I'm pretty excited about it.
If you go, be sure and see the Infamous Stringdusters. Saw them a Bonnaroo a couple of years ago. Fun show.
Clapton
Springsteen & E Street
Phish
Santana
Arcade Fire
Cheese
Vampire Weekend
Alabama Shakes
NOMS Allstars
KEB MO
That is an incredibly strong and diverse 10 groups.
If anyone likes stripped down blues/Delta blues- Keb Mo is a fantastic listen. His albums have everything from Robert Johnson covers to contemporary blues to acoustic blues to some just damn feel good uplifting gospel style beats.
Arguably the greatest hip-hop group ever, back on tour after a lengthy hiatus, hitting up over 40 festivals this spring/summer... but Jazzfest can't swing it? Come on...
I guess I'll have to settle for a decent yet overrated jam band and two legends who can still crank it, even though they're clearly past their prime. Could be worse. Congrats to all the Robin Thicke and Christina Aguilera fans. You guys are what Jazzfest is all about.
The food will be good. Being out there and bouncing around is always fun.
But still awesome. I saw them on their reunion tour when Weinberg and the Sopranos guy came back, 2002 or so? Fantastic. 3+ hours with no break.
Maroon and White Basketball
Mississippi State MBK Assistants speak on size and length added to 26-27 squad
Maroon and White Football
"Go make the play": Mississippi State HC Jeff Lebby on Defense and responding to Alabama game
Maroon and White Basketball
Mississippi State WBK to play exhibition at Choctaw Central HS
Rivals Football Recruiting
WR Darion Moseley backs off pledge to Arkansas, has Big Ten and SEC schools on his list
Maroon and White Football Recruiting
JUCO Edge Derion Gould sees the potential at Mississippi State