Jake Mangum promoted to AA

ronpolk

All-American
May 6, 2009
9,426
5,355
113
Damn... a fighting Irish post on the same night as a bulldog win. About as rare as they come**
 

DAWG61

Redshirt
Feb 26, 2008
10,111
0
0
Since Tebow was a Met which happens first. Another Tebow NFL touchdown scored in any way or Mangum's first MLB hit?
 

Drebin

Heisman
Aug 22, 2012
22,449
27,284
113
tAkE ThAt dReBin!!!

I'm waiting for it. But I'm sure it has nothing to do with the entire AA outfield getting promoted to AAA because the entire AAA outfield got promoted to the majors thanks to the Mets having *sixteen* players on the IL.

But congrats to Jake. I hope he catches a hot streak and sticks when the rest of the organization gets healthy.
 

DAWG61

Redshirt
Feb 26, 2008
10,111
0
0
Welp he should definitely get a look the Binghamton Rumble Ponies are 1-14 to start the season.
 

Lawdawg.sixpack

All-Conference
Jul 22, 2012
5,352
1,215
113
 

msstate7

Redshirt
Nov 27, 2008
10,388
10
38
I'm waiting for it. But I'm sure it has nothing to do with the entire AA outfield getting promoted to AAA because the entire AAA outfield got promoted to the majors thanks to the Mets having *sixteen* players on the IL.

But congrats to Jake. I hope he catches a hot streak and sticks when the rest of the organization gets healthy.

You got it pegged. The sample is small for sure, but jake is rocking a 39.7% k rate, .206 BA, and .289 obp. wOBA is .320, which is avg.

Now the good (or better)...
I think his Babip is a little low at .294. His ISO is .206, which is great for him, but I can't see that holding. His bb rate is 7.9%, so progress there, but this with the high k rate May show he just isn't a work-the-count guy.

Good luck, jake

ETA... now I haven't watched a Mangum PA, so maybe theyre much better than the results. I hope this is the case. Jake is one of my all time favorites. I got a foul ball he hit, and it's one of my favorite pieces of memorabilia... it would be so much better if he made the show
 
Last edited:

Drebin

Heisman
Aug 22, 2012
22,449
27,284
113
You got it pegged. The sample is small for sure, but jake is rocking a 39.7% k rate, .206 BA, and .289 obp. wOBA is .320, which is avg.

Now the good (or better)...
I think his Babip is a little low at .294. His ISO is .206, which is great for him, but I can't see that holding. His bb rate is 7.9%, so progress there, but this with the high k rate May show he just isn't a work-the-count guy.

Good luck, jake

ETA... now I haven't watched a Mangum PA, so maybe theyre much better than the results. I hope this is the case. Jake is one of my all time favorites. I got a foul ball he hit, and it's one of my favorite pieces of memorabilia... it would be so much better if he made the show

He's one of my all time favorites too. It's a shame that objectivity is considered a bad thing.

I do find it interesting that seven people downvoted a post that hopes jake can stick in AA.
 

Go Budaw

Redshirt
Aug 22, 2012
7,321
0
36
I'm waiting for it. But I'm sure it has nothing to do with the entire AA outfield getting promoted to AAA because the entire AAA outfield got promoted to the majors thanks to the Mets having *sixteen* players on the IL.

But congrats to Jake. I hope he catches a hot streak and sticks when the rest of the organization gets healthy.

Was Duplantis also promoted?
 
Aug 21, 2015
482
0
16
I'm waiting for it. But I'm sure it has nothing to do with the entire AA outfield getting promoted to AAA because the entire AAA outfield got promoted to the majors thanks to the Mets having *sixteen* players on the IL.

But congrats to Jake. I hope he catches a hot streak and sticks when the rest of the organization gets healthy.

President of the I hate Jake fan club.
 

Go Budaw

Redshirt
Aug 22, 2012
7,321
0
36
You got it pegged. The sample is small for sure, but jake is rocking a 39.7% k rate, .206 BA, and .289 obp. wOBA is .320, which is avg.

Now the good (or better)...
I think his Babip is a little low at .294. His ISO is .206, which is great for him, but I can't see that holding. His bb rate is 7.9%, so progress there, but this with the high k rate May show he just isn't a work-the-count guy.

Good luck, jake

ETA... now I haven't watched a Mangum PA, so maybe theyre much better than the results. I hope this is the case. Jake is one of my all time favorites. I got a foul ball he hit, and it's one of my favorite pieces of memorabilia... it would be so much better if he made the show

He had 2 HR’s and 3 BB in only 38 AB’s. Like you said, very small sample size….but both of those seem indicative of a drastically different approach than he had at MSU or even in his half season of A- ball in 2019. I bet he wasn’t getting but one walk per 30 AB’s and probably 1 HR in every 200-300 AB’s at MSU. Add those with the higher K rate, and they may be working more on the “3 outcome” side of his game.
 
Last edited:

RocketDawg

All-Conference
Oct 21, 2011
19,982
2,758
113
He's one of my all time favorites too. It's a shame that objectivity is considered a bad thing.

I do find it interesting that seven people downvoted a post that hopes jake can stick in AA.

Would like to see him traded to be in the Southern League before he gets promoted - but chances are probably slim.
 
Maroon and White

Latest

  1. 01 Maroon and White Football Sunday Notebook: No. 24 Mississippi State 31-24 No. 19 Mizzou
  2. 02 Maroon and White Football Mississippi State's defense bends without breaking again
  3. 03 Maroon and White Mississippi State PFF Grades from 31-24 win over Mizzou
  4. 04 Maroon and White Football Mississippi State's Week 5 date with No. 8 Alabama set for early window
  5. 05 Maroon and White Fluff Bothwell finds a way in impact performance for Mississippi State