J Rob. RIP

pawrstlersinpa

All-Conference
Jan 26, 2013
1,452
2,153
113
Sorry if already posted. Flo and Minnesota wrestling are reporting that JRob has passed at 79 years of age.


 

mh-larch

Senior
Nov 20, 2019
323
696
93
Great coach, sad to hear this. Much respect for him as a coach. He ran the 28-day intensive camp at Iowa when I attended way back in the late 70's. I came away from that with the feeling that as assistant coach he was responsible for much of Iowa's success around that time and that he ran much of the day to day operations of the program and practices (but I could be wrong on that). Sad his run at Minny ended in such an ugly way.
 

Brian LB-U

Junior
Oct 11, 2021
77
322
53
I hate to hear this. I’ll admit I was very critical of the arrogance he showed in handling the Xanax scandal, and I understand why he was ultimately fired. Still, there’s no denying he was an outstanding coach who made a lasting impact on the sport. Rest easy, JRob.
 
  • Like
Reactions: mh-larch

OldMatCoach

Senior
Jan 27, 2026
159
645
93
Great coach, sad to hear this. Much respect for him as a coach. He ran the 28-day intensive camp at Iowa when I attended way back in the late 70's. I came away from that with the feeling that as assistant coach he was responsible for much of Iowa's success around that time and that he ran much of the day to day of the program and practices (but I could be wrong on that). Sad his run at Minny ended in such an ugly way.
I attended that same camp. I came away with respect for him and a whole new understanding of what "intensive" meant!
 
BWI

Latest

  1. 01 BWI Football What time will Penn State-Michigan start on Oct. 17? Here's what we know
  2. 02 BWI Football Rocco Becht has been here before. Now Penn State needs him to lead it out.
  3. 03 BWI Recruiting New name emerges at receiver ahead of Penn State White Out visit
  4. 04 BWI Football Penn State Mailbag: How bad can this thing get?
  5. 05 BWI Football Penn State's Offense Is Running Out of Answers | Northwestern Film Recap, USC Preview