Its finally here fellas

OldSchoolCoach

Redshirt
Aug 23, 2023
31
27
3
Those days for the most part are gone. I miss the Monday JV matchups,Thursday Frosh A&B games & the Soph game before the Varsity usually on Friday nights
I've always wondered why Freshman do not play before Varsity games for smaller schools. I get it if its a raining game and do not want to mess up of the field before the varsity game. I think it would be pretty fun for Freshman to have a little bit of the varsity experience. Another plus is that your staff isn't coaching back to back games on Thursday and Friday.
 
  • Like
Reactions: rocketnation

HuskieFan2020

Redshirt
Jun 9, 2023
97
21
8
Those days for the most part are gone. I miss the Monday JV matchups,Thursday Frosh A&B games & the Soph game before the Varsity usually on Friday nights
Agreed. Was always fun to have some HS football on during most nights of the week. But I think these days are gone because the enrollment in most schools continues to decrease, changing demographics in school districts, and the fact that less kids are playing football and sports in general now compared to just a decade ago.

I do think it'll be very interesting to see what happens over the next decade. Wouldn't be surprised if some schools switch to a Fresh/Soph, JV, and varsity model for numbers sake.
 

eagles2k3!

Sophomore
Aug 29, 2025
164
130
43
I used to buy every paper on Friday mornings starting my freshman year of high school. Unfortunately they don’t have the coverage like the used to. Sako and Taylor Bell plus the Daily Herald for in depth coverage of the suburbs. I’d be reading my morning paper in Spanish class. Hahaha.

Great memories.
 

Cross Bones

All-Conference
Aug 19, 2001
53,461
4,557
113
I used to buy every paper on Friday mornings starting my freshman year of high school. Unfortunately they don’t have the coverage like the used to. Sako and Taylor Bell plus the Daily Herald for in depth coverage of the suburbs. I’d be reading my morning paper in Spanish class. Hahaha.

Great memories.
I did this too, but I started in my junior year. Bran muffin, OJ, and Trib, S-T, Joliet Herald from White Hen Pantry lol
 
  • Like
Reactions: eagles2k3!

SiuCubFan8

All-Conference
Jul 27, 2007
6,364
4,134
113
At this stage in my life I'm in the stands at Lockport games but my tradition is, once I am home, checking in on ongoing games on hudl and twitter.
 

McCaravan

All-American
Feb 1, 2016
5,309
8,276
113
Go watch your team in person you are physically able to! Nothing like being there! Except in the BR visitor stands.....that was for you Feeto!
 
Jul 3, 2025
585
556
93
I try to go to a Thursday night Freshman game, the undercard before the main event.
With two youngins running around these days, I'm lucky I get my Fridays/Saturdays to go see games!

Safe travels tonight rocket.

I'll be leaving work early to get to Decatur. Gotta get to Curly's early and get a spot outside on the rail so I can watch the traffic come in... The only decision left is which QND shirt I wear to walk in to that dive 😁

Happy kickoff Friday everyone! Enjoy
 

AmbroseBlack

Junior
Jul 10, 2016
208
272
63
I miss the paper and White Hen Deli Sandwiches.

Reading the Sun-Times high school Friday roundup on a Saturday while eating a deli sandwich from White Hen just before Big Ten football was about to kick off was the good life, and we didn't even realize it.
 
Edgy Tim

Latest

  1. 01 Edgy Tim Football RB Banire checked out Illinois
  2. 02 Edgy Tim Football OL Thompson has visits planned
  3. 03 CaneSport football recruiting Dear Diary VI: A behind the scenes look at trip to see Miami QB commit Israel Abrams, five-star target
  4. 04 Orange and Blue News Four-star athlete Grant Bowen checks out Illinois where he has deep ties
  5. 05 Edgy Tim Football Breakdown: Loyola Academy