I would assume they have to report it to the IRS.Is there a website that shows how much NIL money each college football player is getting?
Do they have to report it somewhere?
Also, do any Wildcats have NIL deals?
Thanks,
Jim
Ch-Ching!
(He also worked a Raising Cane’s Drive-Thru yesterday, but apparently wasn’t contractually obligated to tweet about it.)
They already areTo be honest, at this point it would make sense for some of the bigger programs to report it as a marketing benefit.
In the next couple of years I do imagine recruiting brochures and social media graphics will tout the average earnings of starters in revenue sports. The Alabamas and Ohio States of the world would be foolish not to do this.
Ch-Ching!
(He also worked a Raising Cane’s Drive-Thru yesterday, but apparently wasn’t contractually obligated to tweet about it.)
I can't wait til we reach a point where universities and athletic departments have to develop policies around student athletes being prohibited from hijacking endorsement deals from the schools themselves.Isn't Raising Canes the official chicken finger of the Northwestern Wildcats? That's what their electronic billboard said. . . causing me to drive in and get the 3 Finger Combo (which was excellent by the way). I no longer beef about driving my wife to her haircut in Melrose Park, so that I can stop in for a combo on the way home. . .
Wildcat Report
Fearless Forecast: Ball State vs. Northwestern
Wildcat Report
Media Day Notebook: Northwestern hungry to rebuild with 11 new players on roster
Wildcat Report
Northwestern vs. Penn State PFF Grades Analysis
Wildcat Report
Behind Enemy Lines: Ball State
Wildcat Report
Northwestern frees OC Chip Kelly to go outside-the-box with creative offense