This is the time / opportunity when a QB moves forward in his playing career as a player or as a backup. Your time to shine, Hecklinski. Get’er done!Expecting a loss unfortunately - west coast trip + Heck's 1st start - but I'll be over the moon happy if the Hawks return to Iowa City with the dubya under their belts.
Yes! We all kinda knew ohio st wasn't losing 2 games in the first 5 weeks & we all saw michigan get beat by western michigan.Bigger than Michigan and OSU?
Hadn't seen you like, in a Eon or some crazy s--* like that. Watchaupto?
8:00 is tough for and old guy like me and the Friday night will hurt high school fb attendance.I’m not going to lie; I may be setting the DVR to record the fourth quarter.
Not a fan of an 8:00 pm Central, Friday kickoff.
Umm, I've been in every game thread so far this season and have commented in some other threads here & there.Hadn't seen you like, in a Eon or some crazy s--* like that. Watchaupto?![]()
Cruisin' the strip, and parked under the Big Top. Workin' that Colombian pretty good, and hopin' for a Hawk win tonight. Aint polishin' no turds.Umm, I've been in every game thread so far this season and have commented in some other threads here & there.
Nothing too much aside from working and watching the Hawks on the weekends, though. You?
You stylin' to some Steely Dan on the 8-track too?Cruisin' the strip, and parked under the Big Top. Workin' that Colombian pretty good, and hopin' for a Hawk win tonight. Aint polishin' no turds.
I was just teasing @HawkBall23. Getting jazzed up for a Hawk win. I like Steely Dan, but I'll go with Sam Myers from the movie "China Moon" ,hoping for the victory. "Tell me what I want to hear." (With Anson Funderburgh).You stylin' to some Steely Dan on the 8-track too?
Oh my godSullivan's 13 handoffs vs. UNI looked Heisman-worthy to me. Of course, had KF not been more concerned with UNI's fragile ego than he was with developing depth, he'd have let Sully throw at least 5 or 6 passes. But not KF. He didn't want to risk beating UNI 62-0. He was willing to settle for 55-0 as long he kept the handcuffs on his own QB. Oh, that KF . . .
I know and I was "teasing" you too, ofcI was just teasing @HawkBall23. Getting jazzed up for a Hawk win. I like Steely Dan, but I'll go with Sam Myers from the movie "China Moon" ,hoping for the victory. "Tell me what I want to hear." (With Anson Funderburke).
Pat Angerer thinks just the opposite.Hawk defense is going to give their QB fits
I know and I was "teasing" you too, ofc.
Steely Dan came to mind as there is a lyric that mentions "smooth Colombian."
I would like play some Queen, "We Are the Champions" after the game.
KF has a hell of a time giving up at the QB he initially names starter. I will never understand his thinking. When Brown is healthy, he likely will be starter again despite if Heck is tearing it up.A "backup QB"? But KF insisted all summer and all fall that Brown and Hecklinski were "even," despite Hecklinski outplaying Brown by a million miles in the kids day open practice. And then when the season started, it was still a dead heat, according to KF. And then Brown has started every damn game. Sound "even" to you?
Hecklinski is the more athletic, more talented QB who not only can sling it but who can run it. Brown is a wobbly ball game manager. Hell, his passes were so wobbly vs. OSU that they even had a review to see if the ball had been tipped at the LOS. But nope. It was just another wounded duck. Brown had receivers WIDE OPEN all day vs. OSU, but he missed most of them, and by yards, not by inches. And then he committed two of the deadliest sins in KF's book: Brown lost a fumble that set up an easy OSU touchdown in the first few minutes, and then Brown tossed an INT. TWO turnovers that helped kill Iowa's chances. And yet, were it not for the shoulder boo-boo, Brown would be starting again tonight. Hell, for all I know, he will anyway, despite the fact that Hecklinski looked fantastic vs. OSU, is 100 percent healthy, and KF said the QBs were "even."
I'll call it a big win for Iowa if Hecklinski starts. The offense will look far better than it has all season under Brown, not counting the high school games vs. NIU and UNI.
I want to see good coverage from our secondary. Don't let them work their way down the field. We'll continue to allow chippies, I'm afraid.Pat Angerer thinks just the opposite.
Washington has 7 interceptions.
You are about as unbearable and insufferable as a Hawkeye fan that I've ever seen. It would be better if you didn't speak your opinion. But, that's just my opinionA "backup QB"? But KF insisted all summer and all fall that Brown and Hecklinski were "even," despite Hecklinski outplaying Brown by a million miles in the kids day open practice. And then when the season started, it was still a dead heat, according to KF. And then Brown has started every damn game. Sound "even" to you?
Hecklinski is the more athletic, more talented QB who not only can sling it but who can run it. Brown is a wobbly ball game manager. Hell, his passes were so wobbly vs. OSU that they even had a review to see if the ball had been tipped at the LOS. But nope. It was just another wounded duck. Brown had receivers WIDE OPEN all day vs. OSU, but he missed most of them, and by yards, not by inches. And then he committed two of the deadliest sins in KF's book: Brown lost a fumble that set up an easy OSU touchdown in the first few minutes, and then Brown tossed an INT. TWO turnovers that helped kill Iowa's chances. And yet, were it not for the shoulder boo-boo, Brown would be starting again tonight. Hell, for all I know, he will anyway, despite the fact that Hecklinski looked fantastic vs. OSU, is 100 percent healthy, and KF said the QBs were "even."
I'll call it a big win for Iowa if Hecklinski starts. The offense will look far better than it has all season under Brown, not counting the high school games vs. NIU and UNI.
My thoughts exactly. Rain keeping the locals away.Small crowd
If the Hawks win, I can suffer through it.I hate Friday night college football
get off my lawn
Hawkeye Report Football
PFF Grades - Iowa defense vs Washington
Hawkeye Report Football
PFF Grades - Iowa offense vs Washington
Hawkeye Report Football
Snap Counts - Iowa defense vs Washington
Hawkeye Report Football
Snap Counts - Iowa offense vs Washington
Hawkeye Report Football
Five Things: Breaking down the Hawkeyes win over Washington