How's the sweet corn?Currently raining in Seattle. Looks like it will be gone by game time. I've seen quite a few Hawkeye fans! Go Hawks!!
How's the sweet corn?Currently raining in Seattle. Looks like it will be gone by game time. I've seen quite a few Hawkeye fans! Go Hawks!!
Bigger than Michigan and OSU?Biggest game of the season here!
I Have a little more optimism than I would if #9 were starting! LFG boys!
Post-game: Heck crushed it tonight but Hank will be our guy moving forward.I'll call it a big win for Iowa if Hecklinski starts. The offense will look far better than it has all season under Brown, not counting the high school games vs. NIU and UNI.
Iowa fan's favorite player will always be QB2Post-game: Heck crushed it tonight but Hank will be our guy moving forward.
Love,
Coach Kirky
*Personally, I don’t think either QB is very good so it doesn’t matter who starts. Try Sullivan in a larger role. Go. Hawks.
"Kirky"? Thanks for showing your backside as a non fan. NO ONE who really cares about the program would call a coach who's won over 200 games at The U of I, something that disrespectful. Always appreciate though when posters show their true colors......Post-game: Heck crushed it tonight but Hank will be our guy moving forward.
Love,
Coach Kirky
*Personally, I don’t think either QB is very good so it doesn’t matter who starts. Try Sullivan in a larger role. Go. Hawks.
Actually, I used to use the term "Capt Fossil" before he started to give Lester a bit of autonomy."Kirky"? Thanks for showing your backside as a non fan. NO ONE who really cares about the program would call a coach who's won over 200 games at The U of I, something that disrespectful. Always appreciate though when posters show their true colors......
I think so, too. We have a better scoring D and total D and have played teams with better offenses. If we can't move the ball with Heck, they won't be able to move the ball either.Hawk defense is going to give their QB fits
Good for you.Actually, I used to use the term "Capt Fossil" before he started to give Lester a bit of autonomy.
![]()
I actually like these types of posts. You can add so much to them.Post-game: Heck crushed it tonight but Hank will be our guy moving forward.
Love,
Coach Perky Kirky
or QB3 or a guy we just signed that is still in high school.Iowa fan's favorite player will always be QB2
Hope so, but running QB's usually give Iowa D fitsHawk defense is going to give their QB fits
Based on the one half of a game a few weeks ago i watched pretty drunk, he looks a little careless w the ball. I think Buff is gonna cause havoc and we're gonna force 3 turnovers #boldpredictionHope so, but running QB's usually give Iowa D fits
Another classic myth. That's only true when #1 isn't playing well.Iowa fan's favorite player will always be QB2
Bingo!! When number #1 isn't playing well!Another classic myth. That's only true when #1 isn't playing well.
The rain had better be long gone by game time. Siri assured me there would be no rain after 5 p.m. Seattle time. Siri would not make such an egregious error, would she?Currently raining in Seattle. Looks like it will be gone by game time. I've seen quite a few Hawkeye fans! Go Hawks!!
"Fair" is a little late, given KF kept saying the two QBs were "even," yet he started Brown in all five games, and Heck never took a single snap vs. ISU or Michigan. I'm sure if you're Hecklinski--or if you know anything about quarterbacks and know the definition of fair--you'd be just fine with that, right?Heck. You wanted a fair shot. Here you go, young man.
Sullivan's 13 handoffs vs. UNI looked Heisman-worthy to me. Of course, had KF not been more concerned with UNI's fragile ego than he was with developing depth, he'd have let Sully throw at least 5 or 6 passes. But not KF. He didn't want to risk beating UNI 62-0. He was willing to settle for 55-0 as long he kept the handcuffs on his own QB. Oh, that KF . . .Usually it would mean the starter and backup are both injured but maybe just if Heck gets injured tonight. Idk how comfortable they are with Sullivan at this point. Or Bessinger for that matter.
The rain had better be long gone by game time. Siri assured me there would be no rain after 5 p.m. Seattle time. Siri would not make such an egregious error, would she?
Like 75% of the last 25 yearsAnother classic myth. That's only true when #1 isn't playing well.
I was there in the Rose Bowl for that one, and yes, Iowa had a chance to win late, but I believe a fourth down pass fell incomplete. Stratton, the walk-on, almost pulled that one. He looked pretty good and gave Iowa a chance. Gotta give the kid a lot of credit for that.Didn't we have a chance late in that game with Jackson Stratton? But had TO on downs or maybe clock expired
Or maybe I'm misremembering - I thought we had a chance to win late in that game
Then you don't know anything at all about QBs. But then neither does KF, so there's that . . . LOLPersonally, I have absolutely zero confidence in Hecklinski. Not looking forward to this at all.
I think fans are vastly underestimating Washington's offense. Their QB is at his best when he scrambles and extends the play. Recent history shows Phil's defense isn't built to stop that, e.g. Aiden Chiles at Michigan State. Better pray e can contain this guy, or else we'll be seeing a lot of third and mediums converted all game long.
Running QBs give most teams fits. That's why KF prefers a game managing statue like Petras or Deacon Hill or Brown instead of the shenanigans from the likes of Brad Banks, Drew Tate, Mark Gronowski, or Jeremy Hecklinski.Hope so, but running QB's usually give Iowa D fits
Yeah, "only" was doing a lot of heavy lifting in that sentence.Like 75% of the last 25 years
Like 75% of the last 25 years
Dude!Expecting a loss unfortunately - west coast trip + Heck's 1st start - but I'll be over the moon happy if the Hawks return to Iowa City with the dubya under their belts.
Hawkeye Report Football
Five Things: Breaking down the Hawkeyes win over Washington
Hawkeye Report Football
Iowa Football News and Notes
Hawkeye Report Football
PHOTO GALLERY: Iowa Football vs Washington
Hawkeye Report Football
Hawkeye Report Podcast
Hawkeye Report Football
Kirk Ferentz talks win over Washington