*****Iowa vs Michigan Game Thread*****

PinkShizzle

All-Conference
Jul 9, 2025
2,124
4,772
113
To the posters here I've had civil convos with...enjoy the game

Sorry, I can't wish you good luck though...that's a bridge too far for me
Young Sheldon GIF by CBS
 
  • Like
Reactions: Hawksfor3

Franisdaman

Heisman
Nov 3, 2012
17,350
26,829
113
I’m just the opposite. Pretty sure Michigan will stack the LOS and sell out to stop the run early. I would like to see 1st down targets to TEs or swing passes to RBs to upset their defensive scheme.

lets see what Lester has in his bag of tricks....
 
  • Like
Reactions: oldxbbc

Lionhawk85

Senior
Jun 8, 2022
194
450
63
My
How we feeling boyz?
cautious optimism keeps getting snuffed out when I think about how long it’s been since we pulled one of these out and the fact that we just can’t seem to have nice things. Only trying to stay realistic bc I’m not ready to be hurt again :)
 

Franisdaman

Heisman
Nov 3, 2012
17,350
26,829
113
Fran & Margaret demand that Jay be fired for this!

full text of tweet:

Jay Norvell explains why he showed Iowa's running backs a video of King Kong leading up to the season:

"We had an offensive line that won the Joe Moore Award last year. When you watched the tape, you just expected to see more explosive plays from the running backs... To me, it was all about confidence. When they walk on that field, they've got to feel like King Kong, and they've got to feel like nobody can stop them on Saturdays. That's just a mentality that players got to have."


 

HawkBall23

All-American
Oct 6, 2001
5,232
9,956
113
Fran & Margaret demand that Jay be fired for this!

full text of tweet:

Jay Norvell explains why he showed Iowa's running backs a video of King Kong leading up to the season:

"We had an offensive line that won the Joe Moore Award last year. When you watched the tape, you just expected to see more explosive plays from the running backs... To me, it was all about confidence. When they walk on that field, they've got to feel like King Kong, and they've got to feel like nobody can stop them on Saturdays. That's just a mentality that players got to have."



Dolph, after hearing/reading that;

 

Manfredi

All-Conference
Jan 5, 2023
1,615
2,825
113
I really hate when people schedule things on a Hawkeye game day. :mad:
I used to feel that way also... after many years everyone I know now understands that I'm totally cool if they schedule something during a Hawk football game and they know in advance why I'm unable to attend. ;)
 
  • Haha
Reactions: herkhatescy2

2D

All-American
Oct 8, 2013
3,266
6,774
113
The mission before B1G play was to get to Ann Arbor undefeated, and we did it. This game could set the tone for the remainder of the season, and it will tell us a lot about who this team really is. Praying for a victory today.

Go Hawks!
 
Hawkeye Report

Latest

  1. 01 Hawkeye Report Football Iowa Football Opponent Preview: #6 Ohio State Buckeyes
  2. 02 Hawkeye Report Football Hank Brown named to Davey O'Brien Award Great 8
  3. 03 Hawkeye Report Football Recruiting Following the future
  4. 04 Rivals Football Recruiting Under the Lights: 5-star prospects battle it out in Oklahoma
  5. 05 Hawkeye Report Football The Chuck Long Podcast