Iowa ranked 22 by CBS

oldxbbc

All-American
Sep 19, 2013
1,908
7,456
113
I thinks itis great and the Hawks have looked really good so far-but the competition??. Will know more about peoples thoughts after the next three games or so. Tuesday is going to be one tough game. MSU coming off a tough loss and the start of the BIG. I would be shocked if Izzo doesn't have them more than ready. Go Hawks!
 

jedhawk77

All-Conference
Iowa Swarm member
Jun 7, 2015
1,676
3,385
113
Definitely warranted. 21 in KenPom so the metrics are there. I agree with the first poster that responded. Next 3 games will say a lot. Maryland is almost a must win at home. Them only being a fringe top 100 team according to the computers and not wanting to start out 0-2. I hate to use the term must win but it really puts us in a hole not winning those types of games at home.
 

HawkBall23

All-American
Oct 6, 2001
5,247
9,981
113
I thinks itis great and the Hawks have looked really good so far-but the competition??. Will know more about peoples thoughts after the next three games or so. Tuesday is going to be one tough game. MSU coming off a tough loss and the start of the BIG. I would be shocked if Izzo doesn't have them more than ready. Go Hawks!
 

Hawklove

Senior
Jul 11, 2018
267
557
93
Definitely warranted. 21 in KenPom so the metrics are there. I agree with the first poster that responded. Next 3 games will say a lot. Maryland is almost a must win at home. Them only being a fringe top 100 team according to the computers and not wanting to start out 0-2. I hate to use the term must win but it really puts us in a hole not winning those types of games at home.
I agree with you and Oldxbbc. Mich St at their home will be a very tough game, almost impossible to win. The same with Iowa State. So, I hope the fans don’t turn on the team if we lose those games. I’d be very interested to see if Iowa can force the kind of turnovers in these tough match ups as they have so far this season. I hope they can.
 
  • Like
Reactions: jedhawk77
Hawkeye Report

Latest

  1. 01 Hawkeye Report Football PFF Deep Dive: Ohio State Buckeyes
  2. 02 Hawkeye Report Football PFF Deep Dive: Iowa Hawkeyes
  3. 03 Rivals Basketball Recruiting 5-star PG Cayden Daughtry breaks down his latest visits, upcoming trips, and where things stand
  4. 04 Hawkeye Report Football Behind Enemy Lines: Ohio State Edition
  5. 05 Hawkeye Report Football Question of the week: Where does the Michigan win rank in the Ferentz era?