Iowa news

PSUer89

Senior
Feb 6, 2017
171
505
93
squirrel GIF

New board, same talent for taking topics everywhere 😎
 
Dec 23, 2021
175
297
63
The post rivals integration is complete regression to the mean. The content on every thread is now a combination of instagram reals and facebook posts. The meaningful content about wrestling is now the minority of all posts. So disappointing.
 
  • Like
Reactions: PSUPetch

backdrft76-1

All-Conference
Sep 7, 2012
257
1,348
93
The post rivals integration is complete regression to the mean. The content on every thread is now a combination of instagram reals and facebook posts. The meaningful content about wrestling is now the minority of all posts. So disappointing.
Apparently most disagree, but I concur. Many threads are an OT mess. As a result I've resorted to only checking in once a day. I don't even read the threads anymore, just click on the most recent unread post to see if it's relevant and worth reading the rest. Hopefully if anything relevant happens a new thread will be started and not get buried alongside some OT sh*t.
 

WexfordWarrior

All-Conference
Jun 3, 2025
513
1,301
93
Apparently most disagree, but I concur. Many threads are an OT mess. As a result I've resorted to only checking in once a day. I don't even read the threads anymore, just click on the most recent unread post to see if it's relevant and worth reading the rest. Hopefully if anything relevant happens a new thread will be started and not get buried alongside some OT sh*t.

 

PSU Mike

All-American
Jul 28, 2001
4,720
8,292
113
Apparently most disagree, but I concur. Many threads are an OT mess. As a result I've resorted to only checking in once a day. I don't even read the threads anymore, just click on the most recent unread post to see if it's relevant and worth reading the rest. Hopefully if anything relevant happens a new thread will be started and not get buried alongside some OT sh*t.
There’s only so much news, and only so much analysis and prediction to be done. Two people debating the same issue from opposing sides ad nauseam, even on a wrestling topic, doesn’t thrill me any more than the OT banter.
 
  • Like
Reactions: SkiSkiSki and LB99

Dogwelder

All-Conference
Aug 1, 2013
934
3,188
93
What’s needed is a filter-on / filter-off switch. A designated inspector (or team thereof) should classify each post into two or three categories, and every reader can filter his feed. Possible categories might include: “on topic”, “off topic and otherwise harmless”, and “Corby-like nails on chalkboard”.
 
Last edited:

johnstownsteel

All-Conference
Jun 3, 2025
613
3,658
93
Dude with 150 posts in 4 years chides the board for being not to his liking.

Unlike my approach on the Iowa forums in the past, I feel like just a guest on this new board and try not to post so much. It's just feels different than what I was used to with the old board. Through time, the off topic stuff there made me feel as if I knew everyone personally. I liked that...
 

Lil Nicky Scarfo

All-American
Jul 1, 2025
1,965
5,474
113
Maybe the right video to get it back on topic

very interesting breakdown /analysis .... not necessarily new ..... but still


To quote Nigel Tufnel from Spinal Tap in the context of that video from a kool aid drinking Iowa/Brands fan perspective (or Bob Nicolls, but I repeat myself): “but that’s nitpicking innit?”

 
BWI

Latest

  1. 01 BWI Football Live updates: Penn State-USC score, stats, notes, and more from Beaver Staidum
  2. 02 BWI Football Final Penn State-USC availability reports: Who's out, and who's a game time decision, for the Lions and Trojans?
  3. 03 BWI Football Penn State vs. USC: Whiteout Tailgate Show
  4. 04 BWI Football Printable Depth Chart for Penn State's White Out matchup with USC
  5. 05 BWI Football Penn State-USC predictions: How are computer data systems and experts picking the Week 6 clash?